post your grado mods....
Jul 11, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #8,312 of 8,992
Stalled. I need to tear down and rebuild my 3D printer. I'm having adhesion and other problems after a house move and tinkering with calibration is simply getting nowhere.

Ouch. I feel your pain. My workshop is upside down right now, as we're in the middle of a long-overdue kitchen renovation (crap was getting weird in there). Never easy to get things back to where you want them.

Jul 11, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #8,313 of 8,992
Hey, I got the RS2e for a while now. I really like the sound it produces. From time to time it's a tad too bright for my taste. So I've checked the mod section here and it's full of nice ideas.

Here I've seen a very simplistic approach to overcome the slight sibilance. Does this work effectively for all Grados with wooden cups? Since the "doggie treats tweaking kit" by MrSpeakers is no longer offered, could somebody give me a hint on the material or an alternative source for it (preferably Europe)?

From further reading I‘ve learned that the „doggie treats tweaking kit“ was sold in a set of four pieces. If someone still has a pair of two left, I‘d be happy to buy it. Please make me an offer (posted to Germany).

eliminating sibilance is easier to do in prestige series, just poke a few holes and voila, sibilance is gone and bass response is improved.

Jul 11, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #8,314 of 8,992
See my work years ago from lathing the wood cup and experimented different dynamic drivers (including an original one). It was a lot fun.
For detailed process, see https://imgur.com/gallery/LRWvwK9.
The work is also shared on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY/comments/8o5pd1/self_made_a_grado_gs2000e_style_headphone_with/

BTW, I have a Grado ms1 and love it too.

zmkKLVY.jpg

ZmFWmz6.jpg

OlezhWy.jpg

kEwGU39.jpg

txl9wKN.jpg

ggpI8iz.jpg

Brjx6Js.jpg

h55ijIs.jpg

OeVyBMU.jpg

UwEXd61.jpg
These are beautiful!! That headband looks familiar. MSR7?

Jul 14, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #8,315 of 8,992
For the price I think they are about right since other vendors charge a bit more and the fit and finish is sometimes about the same as Rholuplat but at other times are much better.

I think I’ll have very soon something better for less than 60 bucks :wink:

Something, like my previous post with my modded SR225.

Jul 14, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #8,317 of 8,992
I'd be interested in where you get the cups for less than $60 if they are better
Nice to know that people are still interested in this. I will post news next week! all I can confidently say at this moment-they will be better than my own from last post (my SR225/walnut cups with Pic’s), and much better than most others, cheaper than 60$, and with nice packing. Should be ideal.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #8,319 of 8,992
Oh, Im also interested! I didn't respond anything because I assumed you meant that you were making them yourself (for less than $60). Definitely let us know, I'm sure a few others will also be interested!
I will definitely do. Thanks for your interest.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #8,323 of 8,992
Let me know what do ya think! Should I start, or not....

Thanks.

Beautiful work. Wordpress is a good place to open a store, if you're okay with handling orders via email. eBay and Etsy take fees which I find annoying, but if you want to scale up and do a lot of orders its likely best to pick one of them. Another option is to explore what PayPal can do. I noticed Elleven uses PayPal to handle their orders and checkout process.

Jul 16, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #8,324 of 8,992
Beautiful work. Wordpress is a good place to open a store, if you're okay with handling orders via email. .
Thanks for reply! I'm not sure about Wordpress, I may try, I am not so good making sites
eBay and Etsy take fees which I find annoying
I absolutely agree! But might be good idea....I just want to keep the lowest possible prices for people, and don’t wanna pay fees. In other hand-I want to give people security of making purchases from me.
Dilemma.

P.S.
IMG_0101.jpg
IMG_0121.jpg

btw, here is my fine packaging:
IMG_0146.jpg

Plus some bonuses. People should be happy.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #8,325 of 8,992
Lets just say, if I will be sure that people will be interested in my store-I’ll give it a chance.
in other words: if people do not give it a chance- I won’t give it too.

I will finish these babies ‚till next week. They are almost finished-I need to polish them well and it's done. it will take some time.

More news later. Let me know what do ya think!
Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back