Orthodynamic Roundup
Feb 3, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #23,777 of 27,137
Not I, were you bidding on it or was it a buyout listing?
Is it just me or are more of them surfacing lately, seems when i first got into stuff like that they were nowhere to be found, but that could just be me paying attention?? hard to tell.

Feb 3, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #23,779 of 27,137
I low-balled it and someone outbid me. 

But yeah, I think there have been about 4 or 5 in the past few months.

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #23,783 of 27,137
nick_n:
a friend of mine being snipe out and lost the score while sleeping..what Greq did being more effortless than my friend, so Greq didn't feel the despair like my friend did that night.. lol

MuZo2 & Leeperry:
dont bother, its defect..

szerecscen:
nice score, congrats and enjoy yer new ortho..

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #23,784 of 27,137
does anyone know where to buy a pair of T50rp/40rp/20rp element these days?
since i looked for it now but google dont show me any clue..several of my pals here on indonesia being looking for them to make a DIY ortho based of modern ortho Fostex..

Feb 4, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #23,785 of 27,137
nick_n:
a friend of mine being snipe out and lost the score while sleeping..what Greq did being more effortless than my friend, so Greq didn't feel the despair like my friend did that night.. lol

Since I already have a T10 I slept like a baby the past two nights 
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #23,788 of 27,137
If anyone is struggling for pads for their T20v2 there are pads on ebay advertised for AKG K240, they are £3.98, memory foam and fit pretty much perfect

Well, they are probably too thick, and have too large of a center opening. 

Anyway, my YHD-3 got here. Clips are not broken. 

The strut isn't so much broken as broken out of the frame. As though it were never properly glued in the first place. A bit of the root ball is still stuck to the frame, but the rest has broken off of that. I could fix this with superglue. I will carefully consider what adhesive i use. A really light coating of jb-weld might be better. jb-weld with a drop of xylene mixed in maybe, and a real long curing time. 

fwiw both drivers are marked 4517. 

The baffles are of course really gross from decomposed greasy foam rubber, so they are taking a bath in my branson ultrasonic cleaner. 

I wonder if these are a good candidate for the pads I pulled off of some 'iFrogz ear pollution' headphones years ago. 

The previous owner made a valiant attempt at recabling but his soldering skills were not great. easy fix. the grommets are missing -- might pull something off of a donor headphone. like say those ifrogz. 

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #23,789 of 27,137
Sounds salvagable.
I tried looking for ifrogz from posts way back in here but ended up using AKG K26P and K414P ones, easier to source.

How are the INSIDES of the cups for goop? Baffles yes but curious if there is any need to open these here ( it will bug me until I do though )
the YHE50A had a very thin disc of foam inside so assume these did/do also

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #23,790 of 27,137
Original damping materials, and one of the baffle o-rings, are missing. There was adhesive goo on the outside ring of the drivers, removed with alcohol.

I figure i will remove the driver retention clips and seal the drivers to the baffles with thin silicone rtv, provided that no mods to the front fabric are recommended.

.:Sent by pneumatic tubes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back