Multiple IEM Shootout v.3
May 1, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #229 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They don't sound quite like each other. Silver Bullet has a big soundstage, but still close-in compared to RE1, which the best soundstage of any IEM I know. SB also has more treble and bigger bass. Overall it is more upfront, fun and musical than RE1. Technical wise they are very close, but with their own pros and cons. For an easier going sound, I will go for SB.

Interesting. I didn't think the soundstage was impressive at all on the RE1. If we are talking just size, then maybe RE1 has the largest stage, but for me imaging is far more important and RE1 is very poor at imaging IMO - it really lacks precision. I think SE530 has a far more impressive soundstage - similar in size, but with way more realistic imaging.

May 11, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #230 of 297
Quote:
I wonder whether you will review ViSang R03/Brainwavz M2 soon?

M2 added :)

Quote:
May i ask you something?
Eterna or RE0, which one have more audio details?

RE0 without a doubt. Not that many IEM has more detail than RE0 and Eterna is certainly not detail oriented.

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They don't sound quite like each other. Silver Bullet has a big soundstage, but still close-in compared to RE1, which the best soundstage of any IEM I know. SB also has more treble and bigger bass. Overall it is more upfront, fun and musical than RE1. Technical wise they are very close, but with their own pros and cons. For an easier going sound, I will go for SB.

Interesting. I didn't think the soundstage was impressive at all on the RE1. If we are talking just size, then maybe RE1 has the largest stage, but for me imaging is far more important and RE1 is very poor at imaging IMO - it really lacks precision. I think SE530 has a far more impressive soundstage - similar in size, but with way more realistic imaging.

IMO SE530 has more layered soundstage (which = imaging + precision), but you will never hear that kind of well-separated imaging in a live performance (unless you are sitting right in front of the performer, which are rarely the case). What RE1 impresses me most is that about 3 years ago I went to a classical music concert performed by Singapore Chinese Orchestra which I ended up getting their CD and found none beside an amp'ed RE1 that come close on reproducing the atmosphere and realism of the soundstage in their performance. It is that kind of life-like, natural soundstage that is the reason of why I rated RE1's soudnstage so high.

May 18, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #233 of 297
Quote:
Does Value include factors other than sound?

It does. Factors that affect the value ranking includes things such as street price, availability, build quality, packaging, accessories, customer service, warranty and of course, sound quality. The product is judged as a whole, for example IEM with great SQ but minimum warranty or bad customer service will not receive a better score than IEM with decent SQ but great warranty and customer service, etc.

May 19, 2010 at 8:02 AM Post #235 of 297
Indeed, these Multi-IEM comparisons are VERY VERY helpful! Kudos to you ClieOS

Jun 8, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #237 of 297

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just noticed you have the RE-0 and UM2 as a 4.6 SQ

erm are you sure? your really rating the the um2 as highly as the RE-0?

Yes, I am. Some people might find UM2 dull and uninspiring, but I find UM2 conservative smooth warm sound to be its strength. For the purpose of being an on-stage monitor as Westone intends it to be, UM2 sound signature is one of very few that I find to be suitable for fatigue-free, relaxing long hours usage. That is where the quality of its sound truly shines.

Though I do like my RE0, there is time I wish to just lay back, ignore all the fine detail and submerge into the music - that's where I'll reach for UM2.

X2. I just got the um2 not long ago for a pretty cheap price and have to agree that it's a very good universal and fun listening IEM. However, just wondering, how would you compare these to DBA-2? 

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #238 of 297
Quote:
X2. I just got the um2 not long ago for a pretty cheap price and have to agree that it's a very good universal and fun listening IEM. However, just wondering, how would you compare these to DBA-2?

I will say DBA-02 is slightly ahead of UM2, but not much. They both have pros and cons of their own. The signature is however opposite of each other: UM2 is warm and smooth, DAB-02 is analytical and aggressive.

Jun 16, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #240 of 297
Hippo Shroom-EB added. The 72th addition concludes this thread. See ya in v4
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back