Multiple IEM Shootout v.3
Oct 15, 2009 at 12:03 PM Post #31 of 297
ANOTHER Sonic Diamond? Now you're just torturing us...

Anyhow, how didcha get the Fischer guys to ship down here to Malaysia? If they are capable of producing that great an IEM, I'd wanna order one right away, lol...

And I do think the thinning contents of my wallet are loathing you right about now, ClieOS...
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #33 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by eiraku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyhow, how didcha get the Fischer guys to ship down here to Malaysia? ...

They came to me, actually. I didn't know about them till they emailed and asked me if I would like to review some of their IEM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well id have never given it top tier status, i find it more comparable to things like the custom 2 and the IE7

I guess I'll need to find a chance to listen to C2 or IE7 as well
tongue.gif

P/S: Nothing too exciting ATM - just added Kanon MD-52 and Hippo Boom to the review.

Oct 15, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #34 of 297
Thanks, now I know that the MD-52 isn't any better than my MD-51. Worst build quality ever, even for the price. Curiosity = satisfied.

Oct 16, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #35 of 297
I'm very curious to read these upcoming reviews. I checked out the Fischer Audio website out of curiousity - and noticed a lot of interesting headphones. I'm curious to read your opinions of the eterna headphones, since they look great.

That said, a lot of their casings appear to be knockoffs of other major brands. However - the FA-999 which you're apparently going to review - look EXACTLY like the Me-Electronics Ai-M9. I'm eager to see if your review and closer inspection of the hardware - might reveal that they've in fact rebranded the same headphone.

Oct 16, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #36 of 297
Great!!

if u dont mind, please tell fischer guy, to sell their products in south east asia...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #37 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by PolloLoco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IThat said, a lot of their casings appear to be knockoffs of other major brands...might reveal that they've in fact rebranded the same headphone.

If there is any common b/w Fischer Audio and MEElectronics, it is the fact that they both produce their IEM in China - and if there is a common b/w all the Chinese headphone manufacturers, it is the fact that they tend to copy each other housing or source generic housing from the same supplier. If anything I can be sure of, it is that FA-999 and M9 doesn't actually look or build 100% alike under close inspection. In fact, they don't even sound anywhere alike. I guess we can safely conclude that they are not clone of each other, just using a similar generic design. More in this issue will be covered on the review of MEElec's IEM.

Oct 16, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #39 of 297
Hey any chance on a Hippo VB review ?
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #40 of 297
Oh no! No ER-4x review
smily_headphones1.gif

I was kind of hoping for a review; I'm debating whether or not to go with the ER-4P, Klipsch S4 or grab up the Sonic Diamond RE0, while I can!

Yes, I know there are tons of reviews of them individually, but I like the value for the money rating.

edit: Well, I've searched and found a bunch of threads regarding this, and I might just go with the S4, to get a different perspective (I love the analyticals, but I haven't really heard the 'warm' sound so many people like in IEMs). Ety's would be my first choice, but I can't get them for the money I have (~130$), and I'm starting to feel some discomfort from the ADDIEMs in the smaller of my ears. The S4 is supposed to be very comfortable. I'm posting this here in cased it gets indexed, so someone who's looking at these will either be helped, or more confused
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 9:29 AM Post #41 of 297
I don't have any specific IEM in mind that I want to review at the moment. It really just depends on chance. For now, I am trying to finish those I have at hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back