Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jul 3, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #10,832 of 16,931
Quote:

Why not get Complys for the GR02? Seems like that might be the cheapest solution with the most certain outcome unless you actually want something with less bass. 

Good idea. Just bought some. The only problem I have with those is that they are annoying to put in and take out repeatedly, like when going through security or having a conversation. So I would like to find some that are easy to remove and reinsert. Do you think the etymotics mc5s tips would fit my ears? I've been planning to get custom tips for a while now maybe I should just do that, just dont want to have to pay $100+ for tips every time I lose a pair.

Jul 3, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #10,833 of 16,931
Quote:

Thanks Joker. With those recommendations in mind, do you think i might get comfort issues with some of them? I guess i've a small ears, because A151 is pretty small IEM and it still gets uncomfortable after some time wearing it over the ear - it pushes on my antihelix and start hurting there. Maybe it's just A151 shape, but i still only use them with small to medium tips since my ear canals are quite narrow.

Well, the UE900 and especially the Philips are a little on the large side so they would be risky. The UE900 shape also makes my ears sore after a few hours for some reason. The RE-400 and A161P, on the other hand, should be slim enough to miss that spot of your ear entirely (though of course it will depend on the size/shape of your ears)

Quote:
Hi Joker, great thread. My TF10 cables were sent back for RMA as such I'm looking for a replacement/alternative.

I mostly listen to songs with heavy vocals(think Snake Eater - Cynthia Harrell, ) along with some DnB and Rock. So I prefer vibrant mids/highs, with good bass response. I'm currently considering the GR07 BE and Fidelio S2. Which of them, in your mind, would match my choice in music better? Or are there better matches?

They are both great earphones and among my favorites in the price range. The GR07BE is a little bassier than the S2 so I would probably go for that so that you're not missing out on much bass compared to your TF10.

Quote:
thanks for the thread IjokerI,

I guess you could say I'm a basshead and I'm looking for some good budget IEM's.
I'm leaning towards the Vsonic GR02 Be, Audio-Technica ATH-CKS55 or the MH1C's
the audio-technica seems the best on paper, but I can't really find any proper reviews. 
who will help me out guys?

[size=1.4em]  [/size]

I'm not familiar with the CKS55. The CKM500 has plenty of bass, though - it's more impactful than the GR02 and MH1C. The type of bass you favor is important, as the GR02 BE and MH1C both balance out nicely between deep bass and mid-bass. This is a good thing if you want a more natural sound but if you just want something to shake your eardrums, something with a larger boost in the mid-bass region may actually work better for you. The CKM500, Padacs Aksent, and JVC FX101 come to mind as good mid-bassy options at three different price points.

Quote:
Hey great thread. It was a huge help when I was trying to pick out a new set of IEMs. Nvm found the bottom of the front page

Thanks, glad it was useful!

Quote:

Good idea. Just bought some. The only problem I have with those is that they are annoying to put in and take out repeatedly, like when going through security or having a conversation. So I would like to find some that are easy to remove and reinsert. Do you think the etymotics mc5s tips would fit my ears? I've been planning to get custom tips for a while now maybe I should just do that, just dont want to have to pay $100+ for tips every time I lose a pair.

The MC5 comes with a few different tips, though the silicone ones are triple-flanges and work best with deep insertion. They might not be the best if you have easily-irritated ear canals and also need to pop your earphones in and out often. Custom tips are the same way, by the way - they take longer to remove and re-insert than standard silicones.

Jul 3, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #10,834 of 16,931
Wait, MC5 tips fit the GR02? In that case I recommend trying the tips that come with the Panasonic RP-HJE355. The small tips from those are really long and slender and when fitted on my mc5 slid in and out of my narrow ear canals like butter. A breeze to insert and remove too (they're single flanges)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 4, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #10,835 of 16,931
More short impressions of stuff I probably won't get a chance to review in full:

Quote:
I promised to post updates on IEMs in my possession that I don't plan to review due to lack of time. Most of these are simply unexciting but in keeping with my promise I'll post short thoughts and add them to the list on the front page of the thread.

Westone Adventure Series (ADV) Alpha: http://www.westone.com/music/index.php/adventure-series.html 

Bass-heavy and a little too dark-sounding - not a very natural sound. For $200 seems to lack bass control and overall refinement, the latter especially compared to the similarly-priced Westone 2. Build and fit seem good but the cloth cable is more microphonic than I would have liked for a sports earphone.

Cardas EM5813 Ear Speakers: http://cardas.com/earspeakers

Interesting design with the thickest cable I’ve ever seen on an IEM. I think a cable this thick might get annoying over time, though. Only one size of tips is included and the cheap pouch doesn’t fit the earphones properly. All of that wouldn’t matter if the sound blew me away but it hasn’t yet. It’s definitely not bad – warm and smooth, with a very good sense of space - but it lacks the clarity and finesse of the earphones I like in that price range. They remind me somewhat of a Monster Turbine Pro Gold with a little less bass, but the bass is still not nearly as tight and accurate as the similarly-priced HiFiMan RE-600, for example.

Quote:
Wait, MC5 tips fit the GR02? In that case I recommend trying the tips that come with the Panasonic RP-HJE355. The small tips from those are really long and slender and when fitted on my mc5 slid in and out of my narrow ear canals like butter. A breeze to insert and remove too (they're single flanges)

No, they won't fit. I think matt4109 is just thinking of buying the MC5 to supplement his GR02.

Jul 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #10,841 of 16,931
Hi Joker,

I'm looking for a new iem since I destroyed my GR07 and I want something else now.

Choices are:
Rock-it Sounds R-50
Philips Fidelio S1/S2
T-peos H100
Fischer Audio DBA-02

Music taste is too diverse too mention. I would appreciate a wide 3d soundstage and 'not to clean' sounding (a bit 'warmish', but not too much).
I can all get them for approx. the same price.

Jul 4, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #10,842 of 16,931
Quote:
Hi Joker,

I'm looking for a new iem since I destroyed my GR07 and I want something else now.

Choices are:
Rock-it Sounds R-50
Philips Fidelio S1/S2
T-peos H100
Fischer Audio DBA-02

Music taste is too diverse too mention. I would appreciate a wide 3d soundstage and 'not to clean' sounding (a bit 'warmish', but not too much).
I can all get them for approx. the same price.

Noooo!

Jul 4, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #10,843 of 16,931
HI!

I want to upgrade from my Westone 4. I generally listen to electronic, rock, metal and classical. I do like the sound of the W4. However, I want a fun earphone. I would love a Westone 4 with a little more bass. What would yo recommend me?

Jul 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #10,844 of 16,931
HI!

I want to upgrade from my Westone 4. I generally listen to electronic, rock, metal and classical. I do like the sound of the W4. However, I want a fun earphone. I would love a Westone 4 with a little more bass. What would yo recommend me?
Inear StageDiver 3. Great build and comfort, 3D sound, fun, and bassy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back