Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 2, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #10,171 of 16,931
Quote:
Vsonic VC02. 

You were right Joker: "It utilizes a conventional 2-pin socket, though it detaches a little more easily than I’d have liked

Yesterday lost both drivers... 
size]

Ok, there was few beers in me ... and it was a good party... 
size]

Almost new IEM cable, somebody?

Yeah other cables work though not as well because they don't have the exit angle of the VSonic cables. My Heir Magnus-1 cable is a complete disaster because it adds like 1/2 inch to the length of the housings. I am still holding out hope for replacements directly from VSonic or maybe even an optional mic upgrade cable.

Quote:
However the VC02 is a great IEM (ordered the another pair , before few minutes) ! 
If you do not intend to replace the cable, one little drop of super glue will help.

Well, that's definitely one solution...

May 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #10,172 of 16,931
I think there's another budget iem that could beat gr06 and vc02 in the future from vsonic the newly released vsd1. It just cost around $32 and the vsonic people are saying that it have the closest sound sig to gr07 among its budget iems. :) It looks sturdier than vc02 and have free colorful foamies. :) I'm looking forward for your review with this item in the near future. :)

May 2, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #10,173 of 16,931
Thanks joker for your review. Re ATH-CKM500, I can wear them over my ears comfortably, although I have to wear left driver in right ear and right driver in left ear with help of a rubber band as cable cinch. I prefer deeper insertion using Meelectornics long double flanges (which are a bit longer than stock tips). In my configuration, the CKM500s have a good soundstage depth.

I would love to see CKM500's FR curve at Innerfidelity. Is it almost flat, a slight V, or a slight downward slope (like Philips Fidelio S1/S2)? Joker, do you prefer S1 over CKM500s (please kindly comment on pros and cons of each)? Thanks again.

May 3, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #10,174 of 16,931
Quote:
I think there's another budget iem that could beat gr06 and vc02 in the future from vsonic the newly released vsd1. It just cost around $32 and the vsonic people are saying that it have the closest sound sig to gr07 among its budget iems. :) It looks sturdier than vc02 and have free colorful foamies. :) I'm looking forward for your review with this item in the near future. :)

Can't tell what the housing shape looks like at all. RE262? 

Sounds like another interesting release. If only there were 36 hours to a day...

Quote:
Thanks joker for your review. Re ATH-CKM500, I can wear them over my ears comfortably, although I have to wear left driver in right ear and right driver in left ear with help of a rubber band as cable cinch. I prefer deeper insertion using Meelectornics long double flanges (which are a bit longer than stock tips). In my configuration, the CKM500s have a good soundstage depth.

I would love to see CKM500's FR curve at Innerfidelity. Is it almost flat, a slight V, or a slight downward slope (like Philips Fidelio S1/S2)? Joker, do you prefer S1 over CKM500s (please kindly comment on pros and cons of each)? Thanks again.

Swapping channels is a no no for me. FR curve below. It has more bass boost than I expected.

I prefer the S1 by a pretty big margin. Bass is much more accurate and as a result sounds tighter, faster, and cleaner. The midrange is entirely clean of bass bleed with the Philips and the top end is a little smoother as well. The CKM500 isn't harsh or sibilant per se but there's an edginess to its treble I don't really like. 

May 3, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #10,176 of 16,931
Quote:
Here's a clearer view of the vsd1 :)

That's interesting, looks a bit like one of the Audiofly models. Those types of housings don't always work super well for me but we'll see. 

May 3, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #10,177 of 16,931
Quote:
However the VC02 is a great IEM (ordered the another pair , before few minutes) ! 
If you do not intend to replace the cable, one little drop of super glue will help.

Quote:

Well, that's definitely one solution...

My sister always complained to me that, for a frequent of times, the housing of Vsonic VC02 did stay in her ears when she tried to pull them out.
The pins from the cable to the house of this iems don't seem to attach strongly to the house.
Hopefully, this would help sort this issue out.

May 3, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #10,180 of 16,931
Can you review the Monoprice 9396?
Wondering how they stack up to the value king 8320s...
Especially considering they should be much easier to fit

Looking to get another pair of headphones from monoprice, but i'm not sure if should get the white 8320s or the 9396

May 3, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #10,181 of 16,931
Quote:

My sister always complained to me that, for a frequent of times, the housing of Vsonic VC02 did stay in her ears when she tried to pull them out.
The pins from the cable to the house of this iems don't seem to attach strongly to the house.
Hopefully, this would help sort this issue out.

It might help to not pull them out of the ear by the cable (which actually you shouldn't do with any IEMs, even fixed-cable ones).

Quote:
Have you ever reviewed the Sony 7550? You make a few comparisons in reviews, but there's no actual entry

Not yet, just haven't gotten around to writing it.

Quote:
Can you review the Monoprice 9396?
Wondering how they stack up to the value king 8320s...
Especially considering they should be much easier to fit

Looking to get another pair of headphones from monoprice, but i'm not sure if should get the white 8320s or the 9396

I've never heard of the 9396. I have the Monoprice cans (8323?) but no plans to review any more of their IEMs at this time.

May 4, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #10,183 of 16,931
I bought some IE8 second hand, I am not sure about whether they are real or fake.... They have removable cable, working bass dials and look good quality etc. I think they are probably real from this, although they have straight L/R lettering and the red chip is quite hard to see on right cable...

Anyway my point is that these seem to have a good soundstage and lower mids but where is this amazing bass that "blows your head off"? Compared to the Atrio these have not much sub bass in songs and the bass does not seem very present? Is this the sound signature of these headphones or is there something wrong? They seem to have really good lower mids and some upper bass but there is not very much of it even with full bass mode and these is not a lot of sub bass either.

May 4, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #10,184 of 16,931
Hey Ljoker, I saw Tyll's measurements of Thermaltake Isurus and was astounded how it measured so well. But obviously, frequency response is not everything. My question is, why is Thermaltake Isurus not reviewed here and is there a possibility that they will be reviewed here if it indeed sounds good as how its measured?

Also, does this headphone have multiple models? Because I searched it in Amazon and there seems to be plenty of 'Thermaltake Isurus' or is it just mostly a difference in color?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back