Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Apr 30, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #10,141 of 16,931
Quote:
Should vsonic gr07 bass edition do the trick?
tongue.gif
could pls describe me major differences between gr07 and gr06 and if gr07 is worth the extra 100$ or I should go for gr06?pls give me some best iems in 60$ range which will suit me ...

The bass edition is only a little bassier than the regular GR07 so not really competition for the EPH-100 in the bass quantity department. My review of the GR06 covers the differences between that and the GR07 in more detail than I can recall now.

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendation joker! Anything else possibly in the $30-$60 range or not really worth spending more then what the m6 costs unless I went much higher?

I was considering just buying some ear hooks/guides and buying something different like the astrotec am80 or sound magic e30, any comment on those vs the meelectronic m6? I like the over the ear style on the m6's but I definitly don't mind spending slightly more and v-moda offers ear hooks for iems for $8 and i need a reason to buy something from them to get my xl pads for my m100's anyway.

The problem is that it's hard to say how higher-end units will fare during workouts, especially if they weren't designed for active use. For example, I know that BA drivers don't fare particularly well with moisture so I really wouldn't recommend the AM90 from Astrotec or A151 from MEElec for active use. I tend to think that cheaper is better for something that might fail due to sweat or an accidental cable yank.

The E30 might not be what you're looking for due to its more polite bass and poorer isolation (compared to the M6, at least) but it does sound great. The Astrotec AM-800 and VSonic GR06 sound even better, though again not as bassy as the M6, but I don't know how well they will hold up to gym use. 

I use MEElec earhooks on a lot of my earphones (all of my GR07s and my GR06, for example). I think they were $5 for 3 pairs or something like that. I like them better than most other hooks since they are soft silicone and don't have any annoying seams or ridges. Thinksound earhooks are nice but pricy at $10 or so. Sennheiser and my old V-Moda ones hurt my ears. 

Quote:
The upcoming reviews part was like finding out what you were gonna get for Christmas, eventually. 
biggrin.gif

You just weren't sure which Christmas 
tongue.gif

Apr 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #10,142 of 16,931
I think I'm gonna go with the soundmagic e30's, i noticed you gave it a higher overall sound/value than the m6. Although I love electro music I don't particularly need earphones or headphones that cater to it, slightly lower bass is okay, I really didn't like the last pair of earphones I used (some jvc $20 pair with huge bass emphasis). Thanks again. I hear you on going cheaper for something that might break easily, I'm pretty careful though and I would honestly just be putting them on in my gym, then putting them in the case and back in the glove box daily so I think I'd be okay. I hear you on not going crazy though. I just bought $310 headphones (m100's) and almost thought of buying the mg7 but someone talked me out of it for just using them for the gym.

is there possibly anything with great isolation and great overall sound for  $20-$40?

Apr 30, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #10,145 of 16,931
hey i just got my pair of MEE's A161P (which i won!) :)
i dont have too many other IEM's to compare them with,
but i read a lot about the "not-so-excellent" cable,
and i wanted to say that yes, it might be stringy with a tendency to tangle up,
BUT it is much less noisy then i expected.
it is less prone to microphonics than the id America Spark's cable.
perhaps even a bit less prone to noise than the Klipsch S4.
also it is very comfortable to wear cable up, without even using cable guides,
unlike the Sparks which i find requiring the guides to stay over the ear,
and the S4 which i simply can't use cable-up.
it's interesting that the mic on the right cable seem to swallow a bit of
noise traveling through the cable, reducing microphonics from the right ear-piece.
the sound of these IEMs is wonderful! :)

Apr 30, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #10,147 of 16,931
Dang, it's been over a year since I came to this forum and Joker's still updating this and helping out other noobies like me. Once I get out of college and get a decent paying job I'll be sure to donate or send you a new product or something.

Anyways, Joker, I need your help once again :frowning2:. My Brainwavz M2 broke so I'm looking for a new pair of IEM's. I was thinking of the VSonic GR06 or the Rock-it R-30's.. can't really decide. Or should I just pay more and get the R-50's? I think that's the most expensive pair I can afford atm :p. Does the R-50 have any noteable competitors in the same price range? I saw the comparisons you had with the earphones but they weren't in the same price range so I'm not really sure? Joker, what do you recommend?

EDIT: Actually, would it better to get Gr06/R-30/VC02 + an external headphone amplifier? Or would the R-50's sound better than that?

May 1, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #10,150 of 16,931
Quote:
I think I'm gonna go with the soundmagic e30's, i noticed you gave it a higher overall sound/value than the m6. Although I love electro music I don't particularly need earphones or headphones that cater to it, slightly lower bass is okay, I really didn't like the last pair of earphones I used (some jvc $20 pair with huge bass emphasis). Thanks again. I hear you on going cheaper for something that might break easily, I'm pretty careful though and I would honestly just be putting them on in my gym, then putting them in the case and back in the glove box daily so I think I'd be okay. I hear you on not going crazy though. I just bought $310 headphones (m100's) and almost thought of buying the mg7 but someone talked me out of it for just using them for the gym.

is there possibly anything with great isolation and great overall sound for  $20-$40?

Well, even the E10 isolates (a little) better than the E30 IMO. Has a bit more bass, too. For more isolation than that there's also the Dunu Trident, though its metal shells might be a little heavy for gym use. Can't remember if it came with cable guides or not but aftermarket ones should fit.

Quote:
Sony MDR EX1000 Vs Klipsch X10 ?!?!?!?!?!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?
please help me too choice
i love Extra Bass and listen to Pop &Hip hop music

The EX1000 doesn't really have "extra bass". Between those two I'd go for the X10. 

Quote:
hey i just got my pair of MEE's A161P (which i won!) :)
i dont have too many other IEM's to compare them with,
but i read a lot about the "not-so-excellent" cable,
and i wanted to say that yes, it might be stringy with a tendency to tangle up,
BUT it is much less noisy then i expected.
it is less prone to microphonics than the id America Spark's cable.
perhaps even a bit less prone to noise than the Klipsch S4.
also it is very comfortable to wear cable up, without even using cable guides,
unlike the Sparks which i find requiring the guides to stay over the ear,
and the S4 which i simply can't use cable-up.
it's interesting that the mic on the right cable seem to swallow a bit of
noise traveling through the cable, reducing microphonics from the right ear-piece.
the sound of these IEMs is wonderful! :)

Yeah the MEE cable is a little less noisy than the more rubbery one on the Fischer SBA-03 equivalent. Congrats on your first (?) accurate IEM! 

Quote:
Coming from SoundMagic E30 which one will suit me best VSonic GR06 or VC02?

Thanks!

Depends on what you're looking for. Neither sounds like the E30, if that's what you want. The GR06 has a larger bump in the bass and hotter treble. The VC02 has less bass but still more treble (although it's a little smoother than the GR06). 

Quote:
Dang, it's been over a year since I came to this forum and Joker's still updating this and helping out other noobies like me. Once I get out of college and get a decent paying job I'll be sure to donate or send you a new product or something.

Anyways, Joker, I need your help once again :frowning2:. My Brainwavz M2 broke so I'm looking for a new pair of IEM's. I was thinking of the VSonic GR06 or the Rock-it R-30's.. can't really decide. Or should I just pay more and get the R-50's? I think that's the most expensive pair I can afford atm :p. Does the R-50 have any noteable competitors in the same price range? I saw the comparisons you had with the earphones but they weren't in the same price range so I'm not really sure? Joker, what do you recommend?

EDIT: Actually, would it better to get Gr06/R-30/VC02 + an external headphone amplifier? Or would the R-50's sound better than that?

The R-50 sounds way different than the M2, GR06, and even R-30. It does have some competitors - the Brainwavz B2, Astotec AX7. new VSonic VC1000. There's also the HiFiMan RE-400, Philips Fidelio S1, etc. at a slightly lower price point. But, first you have to establish whether its sound is what you want - it's an accuracy-oriented earphone with less bass and a brighter sound than the other ones you're looking at. If you're looking to stay relatively close to the M2, the R-50 signature it won't do at all. 

Even if you've already decided to try something more accurate and it's going to be your first armature earphone it might be too much of a shock initially. It may be better to start with something smoother and warmer, such as the MEElec A161P or R-30.

And, if you have a decent source I would say better earphone >>> cheaper earphone + amp. 

Edit:
Quote:
How about F111?

No clue, never heard it.

May 1, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #10,151 of 16,931
Quote:

For more isolation than that there's also the Dunu Trident, though its metal shells might be a little heavy for gym use. Can't remember if it came with cable guides or not but aftermarket ones should fit.

Do you mean earhooks? No, Dunu Trident has no earhooks by default. Nethertheless, I wear them over the ear, with no cable guides.
And yes, they stay sturdy in my ears while moving ... but I don't practice such intense sports as basketball :)

May 1, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #10,152 of 16,931
Quote:
Depends on what you're looking for. Neither sounds like the E30, if that's what you want. The GR06 has a larger bump in the bass and hotter treble. The VC02 has less bass but still more treble (although it's a little smoother than the GR06). 

Thank you for the reply. One last question. Which is more durable? 

May 1, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #10,153 of 16,931
Quote:
Do you mean earhooks? No, Dunu Trident has no earhooks by default. Nethertheless, I wear them over the ear, with no cable guides.
And yes, they stay sturdy in my ears while moving ... but I don't practice such intense sports as basketball :)

Ear hooks, cable guides, whatever you want to call them
redface.gif
. It stays in my ears too but it's heavy so it seems like it might slip out if I go for a run or something. 

Quote:
Thank you for the reply. One last question. Which is more durable? 

Hard to say. The GR06 seems more solidly built but the VC02 has replaceable cables. My gut feeling is it would still be the GR06.

May 1, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #10,154 of 16,931
Wouldn't removable cables be counter productive (as far as durability) for something like running? Obviously for daily use that would be an advantage but unless you're running thru the woods it just seems like another point of failure in that context (as far as moisture/sweat, etc.). I'm just curious, I've never had an IEM with removable cables...

May 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #10,155 of 16,931
Quote:
Wouldn't removable cables be counter productive (as far as durability) for something like running? Obviously for daily use that would be an advantage but unless you're running thru the woods it just seems like another point of failure in that context (as far as moisture/sweat, etc.). I'm just curious, I've never had an IEM with removable cables...

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it for running. I still just use my an M6. Used to be an H2O Audio unit but it disintegrated (literally) from exposure to sweat. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back