Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Apr 27, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #10,126 of 16,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you're prioritizing vocals you may want to pass on the MG7 - it's better than the S4 in that regard but it still puts more emphasis on bass. I don't think any of the Westone models will have enough bass for you except the W3.

If vocals are a priority, followed by bass, and the price range is ~MG7 or below, I would go for the Yamaha EPH-100. If you want something a little more v-shaped like the S4, the FXT90 from JVC should do it without giving up much vocal presence.

Okay thanks but in regard to comparing the S4 and MG7 are the vocals the same? Or is one better than the other?

And my budget can go about to 250$ so if there is anything better than those you mentioned, can i afford it.

Apr 28, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #10,127 of 16,931
Quote:
I got my impressions done today - within a mile of my home - by Heir themselves. Amazing customer service - it helps to be in somewhat of close proximity of San Diego - The dedication of their representatives is admirable. Now the wait begins - no worries - I have plenty of IEM's purchased in the last few months to mess around with until my 8A & 4A's arrive. 

Congrats, the 8.A is quite good
wink.gif
. I'm sure the 4.A is too. 

Quote:

ES18 is quite similar to e10, about 80-90% of it. :)

By the way I hope you'll do a review of Soungmagic's ES20 in the future, I think its the best build/sound Soundmagic iem I've seen and tried. Cheers!

It looks premium for the price its about $25 to $30. :)

Never heard of it before. Looks nice, like a Hippo 10 with ViSang cables.

Quote:

Okay thanks but in regard to comparing the S4 and MG7 are the vocals the same? Or is one better than the other?

And my budget can go about to 250$ so if there is anything better than those you mentioned, can i afford it.

Like I said, the MG7 is better but perhaps not $100 better. There's not much in the $150-250 price range that I'm aware of to better serve your needs so I don't think you need to spend the extra $$ (though admittedly there's lots I haven't heard).

Quote:
If you're prioritizing vocals you may want to pass on the MG7 - it's better than the S4 in that regard but it still puts more emphasis on bass. I don't think any of the Westone models will have enough bass for you except the W3.

If vocals are a priority, followed by bass, and the price range is ~MG7 or below, I would go for the Yamaha EPH-100. If you want something a little more v-shaped like the S4, the FXT90 from JVC should do it without giving up much vocal presence.

Apr 28, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #10,128 of 16,931
Quote:

It's decent-sounding; good, balanced sound for the price, better than the Brainwavz Beta (newer version) and Superlux HD381B definitely, but like most semi-open earphones, lacks isolation. It's not quite hi-fi sound, but then again, the price isn't either. The Phiaton PS210 is still the highest quality semi-open in-ear IMHO, though (but also the most expensive).

Apr 28, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #10,129 of 16,931
I wouldn't know where to start with that. I think that's a good question to ask Tyll @ InnerFidelity. 

Certain things definitely produce thicker, softer notes. The Heir 8.A, for example - it's not really a bass monster but it sounds very thick and full, which gives its bass a lot of weight. 

Haha, thanks anyway. Is there a good way to contact Tyll that isn't just leaving a comment on post at InnerFidelity?

Sounds like how I hear the ASG-1. Looking forward to the 8.A review :D

BTW, did the upcoming and in progress reviews portion on page one disappear?

Apr 28, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #10,130 of 16,931
Quote:

It's decent-sounding; good, balanced sound for the price, better than the Brainwavz Beta (newer version) and Superlux HD381B definitely, but like most semi-open earphones, lacks isolation. It's not quite hi-fi sound, but then again, the price isn't either. The Phiaton PS210 is still the highest quality semi-open in-ear IMHO, though (but also the most expensive).

Not the Philips S1/S2? 

Anyway, the Soundmagics sound promising. 

Quote:
Haha, thanks anyway. Is there a good way to contact Tyll that isn't just leaving a comment on post at InnerFidelity?

Sounds like how I hear the ASG-1. Looking forward to the 8.A review
biggrin.gif

BTW, did the upcoming and in progress reviews portion on page one disappear?

IF has a forum where people ask questions. 

Yes, I took off the upcoming reviews because I no longer review everything I get my hands on. There's dozens of earphones I've had to skip due to time constraints, mostly stuff that didn't impress me. They are all sitting in a huge box in case someone asks a questions about them. 

Didn't think anyone looked at that bit anyway
tongue.gif

Apr 28, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #10,132 of 16,931
Quote:

Congrats, the 8.A is quite good
wink.gif
. I'm sure the 4.A is too. 

Like I said, the MG7 is better but perhaps not $100 better. There's not much in the $150-250 price range that I'm aware of to better serve your needs so I don't think you need to spend the extra $$ (though admittedly there's lots I haven't heard).

I just ordered 8.A. I'm curious when you say its quite good, where does it stand in terms sound quality. If UM Miracle is a 10 in SQ, how much would you give a 8.A?

Apr 29, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #10,134 of 16,931
any good iem's for sport type actitivies with a good bass, mids and isolation presence? Mainly listen to dance music, prog house and electro house. I need something around $30-$60 with a carrying case if possible!! thanks. It doesn't need to be neutrel sounding just not muddly and not lacking clarity.

Apr 29, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #10,135 of 16,931
Quote:
Can you make just list of what is sitting there and isnt worth it? I found out, these are clear signs what to avoid :)

Good idea, I'll see if I can go through and catalog them all. Two I can recommend steering way clear of right now:

http://www.torque-audio.com/products-headphones/t103z-headphones/

and

http://www.air-buds.com/product/air-buds-ear-buds/

Quote:

I just ordered 8.A. I'm curious when you say its quite good, where does it stand in terms sound quality. If UM Miracle is a 10 in SQ, how much would you give a 8.A?

This was asked on the previous page and unfortunately I don't have an answer yet. See here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-278-iems-compared-astrotec-am-800-dx-60-added-03-31-13-p-659/10110#post_9388731

Quote:

Well, I haven't heard the S1/2, so I can't comment. In all likelihood, they've already taken the crown away from the PS210, though. IIRC, you liked the prototypes?

I liked the final production versions, too. See here: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/philips-fidelio-s1-and-s2-ear-headphones

Quote:
any good iem's for sport type actitivies with a good bass, mids and isolation presence? Mainly listen to dance music, prog house and electro house. I need something around $30-$60 with a carrying case if possible!! thanks. It doesn't need to be neutrel sounding just not muddly and not lacking clarity.

MEElectronics M6 if you don't mind the mids being a little recessed. Very cheap and it fits your other requirements, including being a good match for electronic music.

Apr 29, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #10,136 of 16,931
Quote:

Good idea, I'll see if I can go through and catalog them all. Two I can recommend steering way clear of right now:

http://www.torque-audio.com/products-headphones/t103z-headphones/

and

http://www.air-buds.com/product/air-buds-ear-buds/

This was asked on the previous page and unfortunately I don't have an answer yet. See here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-278-iems-compared-astrotec-am-800-dx-60-added-03-31-13-p-659/10110#post_9388731

I liked the final production versions, too. See here: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/philips-fidelio-s1-and-s2-ear-headphones

MEElectronics M6 if you don't mind the mids being a little recessed. Very cheap and it fits your other requirements, including being a good match for electronic music.

Sorry, missed that post regarding the 8.A review. So I'm guessing its in your review queue. Can't wait to hear your evaluation regarding the 8.A. :)

Apr 29, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #10,137 of 16,931
"Unfortunately I haven't heard the ES18 so I have no idea where the bass quantity and overall SQ level are on that. If think you'll be satisfied with a mid-level earphone and not tempted to upgrade for a while, something like the GR06 would be a good choice, or the Astotec AM-800, which is similar in performance but less forward in the midrange. Again, I don't know if either of these will have more bass than the ES18 but they are quite good overall at $60 or so. The GR07 may not have enough bass but there are other options in that price range, such as the EPH-100 and FXT90, that should have plenty of bass."

Should vsonic gr07 bass edition do the trick? :p could pls describe me major differences between gr07 and gr06 and if gr07 is worth the extra 100$ or I should go for gr06?pls give me some best iems in 60$ range which will suit me ...

Apr 29, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #10,138 of 16,931
Thanks for the recommendation joker! Anything else possibly in the $30-$60 range or not really worth spending more then what the m6 costs unless I went much higher?

I was considering just buying some ear hooks/guides and buying something different like the astrotec am80 or sound magic e30, any comment on those vs the meelectronic m6? I like the over the ear style on the m6's but I definitly don't mind spending slightly more and v-moda offers ear hooks for iems for $8 and i need a reason to buy something from them to get my xl pads for my m100's anyway.

Apr 29, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #10,139 of 16,931
Quote:
Thanks for the recommendation joker! Anything else possibly in the $30-$60 range or not really worth spending more then what the m6 costs unless I went much higher?

I was considering just buying some ear hooks/guides and buying something different like the astrotec am80 or sound magic e30, any comment on those vs the meelectronic m6? I like the over the ear style on the m6's but I definitly don't mind spending slightly more and v-moda offers ear hooks for iems for $8 and i need a reason to buy something from them to get my xl pads for my m100's anyway.

Sorry for butting in, e30 do have free ear hooks and its much better sounding than m6 but the cables aren't suitable for sport activities, your other option that's much better sounding than e30 is gr06 ($50-$60) it also have free ear hooks and its cable is almost as good if not better than m6. :)

Apr 29, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #10,140 of 16,931
IF has a forum where people ask questions. 

Yes, I took off the upcoming reviews because I no longer review everything I get my hands on. There's dozens of earphones I've had to skip due to time constraints, mostly stuff that didn't impress me. They are all sitting in a huge box in case someone asks a questions about them. 

Didn't think anyone looked at that bit anyway :p

I didn't even realize they had a forum. I'll give it a shot.

The upcoming reviews part was like finding out what you were gonna get for Christmas, eventually. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back