Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Feb 25, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #9,618 of 16,931
Quick question regarding microphonics on the VC02, can you just clarify how bad it is when worn straight down? I straight up can't wear over the ear headphones so it rules out a lot of the stand out IEMs at the 30-60 price range. I'm used to wearing a J-Corded set so I get almost no microphonics at the moment.

They'll be used to commute so I'll be walking around a reasonable amount in them (transfers between tubes) and audible (to the point where the interfere with music) microphonics would drive me up the wall.

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #9,619 of 16,931
Nice review on the VC02, I can sense people are flocking to LMUE's site and purchase...
wink_face.gif

Feb 25, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #9,622 of 16,931
NIce review on the VC02 - pretty much how I would rate it. I still think the GR04 flagship is superior but the VC02 is definitely on par with the GR06 with a different sound to suite the different people. I don't think it can replace any of the current vsonic line-up but it's a great addition to it.

Feb 25, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #9,624 of 16,931
Quote:
While we're on that topic...GR06 versus VC02? Can someone remind me what lendmeurears facebook coupon code is...the one that gives 5% off all the time...Thanks

LMUECUST It's 15% on all items that aren't currently discounted. It should probably still work

Feb 25, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #9,625 of 16,931
I am really sorry to be that guy, but I just can't help but notice that when you mention that the cables come off easily in your "cons" list for the VC02, you say "can come off to easily" instead of "can come off too easily. :p

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #9,626 of 16,931
Quote:
Rice review of the VC02, Vsonic and other companies SHOULD pay you consultation fees for your recommendations. (LOL just kidding)
I'm a fan of good low end iems and VC02's is the best I've tried and had under $100 to my ears its better than GR06 even if GR06 has more bass.
If I may ask, how long did you burn them in before making this review? others said that it sounded better after 300hours.  

I prefer the VC02 to the GR06 but only because it suits my preferred signature better. It is very difficult to split them on performance IMO. 

Burn-in was the usual 100-150 hours like all of the IEMs in this review. I did not bother listening to it before burn-in but I usually don't hear much change. 

Quote:
Really nice review on the VC02, they sound absolutely fantastic for the price.

Short question though, did you reverse the polarity on them?

I did not - with how easy it is to reverse polarity on these you'd think VSonic left it as is intentionally, either for tuning reasons or because it doesn't matter. 

Quote:
Quick question regarding microphonics on the VC02, can you just clarify how bad it is when worn straight down? I straight up can't wear over the ear headphones so it rules out a lot of the stand out IEMs at the 30-60 price range. I'm used to wearing a J-Corded set so I get almost no microphonics at the moment.

They'll be used to commute so I'll be walking around a reasonable amount in them (transfers between tubes) and audible (to the point where the interfere with music) microphonics would drive me up the wall.

I would say borderline. Wearing them over-the-ear is annoying for me because of the lack of a cinch so I always wear them cable-down. The cable is smooth and doesn't bounce around a lot. If you're going to move around all the time I would probably look for something quieter. 

Quote:
Nice review on the VC02, I can sense people are flocking to LMUE's site and purchase...
wink_face.gif

They are so cheap that I don't feel bad about it 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Can you review the The Brainwavz R1 , I'm very curios how they compare to the 30-60$ Vsonic headphones

[size=1em]

[/size]

I'll try to do so later but don't have a pair on hand so it'll be some number of months.

Quote:
Nice review on the VC02. 
how is the clarity compared with the FX40 and RE0 ?

Better than FX40 and just behind the RE-ZERO (don't have the RE0 anymore). On some tracks it keeps up with the ZERO and on others the ZERO sounds just a touch cleaner and less congested. 

Quote:
NIce review on the VC02 - pretty much how I would rate it. I still think the GR04 flagship is superior but the VC02 is definitely on par with the GR06 with a different sound to suite the different people. I don't think it can replace any of the current vsonic line-up but it's a great addition to it.

beerchug.gif

Quote:
While we're on that topic...GR06 versus VC02? Can someone remind me what lendmeurears facebook coupon code is...the one that gives 5% off all the time...Thanks

GR06: bassier, warmer, thicker, fuller, may sound more natural depending on track, larger presentation (depth/height)

VC02: clearer, more detailed, more balanced, thinner-sounding, cooler tone, tighter bass but also less body and presence

Quote:
I am really sorry to be that guy, but I just can't help but notice that when you mention that the cables come off easily in your "cons" list for the VC02, you say "can come off to easily" instead of "can come off too easily. :p

I actually appreciate that - I was in a rush to get it posted on Sunday and didn't do my usual once-over after posting. 

Feb 26, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #9,628 of 16,931
Quote:
Ah, ok. Is there anything that has a big/out of head soundstage but still mid forward, with neutral bass. Good treble extension but never harsh/sibilant. With very good clarity, I don't like a veiled or metallic sound. The only ones I know of that are known for a big soundstage are IE8, FX700, EX1000, SM3, TF10.

The TF10, IE8 and FX700 are v-shaped and will be too bassy for my liking based on reviews.

The SM3 I find is too thick and lack the clarity i'm looking for.

The closest is probably the EX1000, but the treble tilt may pose a problem for me and the isolation and fit is bad.

I still think the UE 900 would work but the 7550 is a good option too.

Joker,

would the Westone 4 or the BA200 fit my requirements also?

Feb 26, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #9,629 of 16,931
Quote:
Ah, ok. Is there anything that has a big/out of head soundstage but still mid forward, with neutral bass. Good treble extension but never harsh/sibilant. With very good clarity, I don't like a veiled or metallic sound. The only ones I know of that are known for a big soundstage are IE8, FX700, EX1000, SM3, TF10.

The TF10, IE8 and FX700 are v-shaped and will be too bassy for my liking based on reviews.

The SM3 I find is too thick and lack the clarity i'm looking for.

The closest is probably the EX1000, but the treble tilt may pose a problem for me and the isolation and fit is bad.

I still think the UE 900 would work but the 7550 is a good option too.

Joker,

would the Westone 4 or the BA200 fit my requirements also?

Feb 26, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #9,630 of 16,931
The 3A group including the VSonic is completely gone. Just mentioning it in case you hadn't noticed.

There is a problem with one of the posts. I think I may have hit a per-post character/image/word cap of some kind. I posted in a bug report thread so hopefully it will get fixed before long.

It's also mentioned on the first line of the post for the Vsonic review. Broken posts are indeed broken... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back