1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)

First

Back
631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640
642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651
Next

Last
  1. forceofnature
    Quote:
    Thanks for the tip. Still its cheaper to lose the X10 than the IQs

2. saurabh
    Quote:
    thanks for one more option. sony are available at my place. EX300 is in my range but as per your review, it does have more wide & open sound but at the cost of some clarity & crispness than E10 and e30 is slightly more clearer than e10. As you have rated gr06 so high & even if it has similar or slightly more open & airy sound than e30 with more clarity, then i guess i'll go with gr06. even a slight upgrade would do as i am moving up the ladder of sound gradually enjoying each n every slightest of the updates trying different signatures & understanding them rather than be straight on top[​IMG]. many thanks for such a huge list of reviews and detailed info on most of the iems [​IMG]

3. suman134
    Quote:

best way to move up the ladder .

4. thesuperguy
    After spending a little bit more time with RE262s, I can say the mids are amazing but there is a constant feeling of shallowness mostly due the anemic bass. While sub bass is clearly audible, anything below 50hz suddenly just blends with the mids leaving some songs that have a very prominent bassline feeling incomplete. I've read many reviews stating that they are able to feel this bass and that it has good impact but I'm just not feeling it. Note, I have yet to burn them in (if it really does anything :p) and I am using an E6 (considering to upgrade to E11), but are the RE262s supposed to be like this?

I will admit though, this impression might be a side effect of spending the past couple of months with quite a bass heavy IEM in comparison...

5. kristianflindt
    Hi again ljokerl, i think i have boiled down my list a bit, but i need some help choosing. What would choose pf the following: UE 900, SE535, Westone 3/4 or the MTPC's? Maybe you have other recommendations?

I'm gonna use my Galaxy Nexus or Ipad as a source, with 320kbps mp3 files :)

6. james444 Contributor
    Quote:
    Quote:

Just a heads-up, assuming from your description that the IE800 is the same that Tyll measured, you guys may possibly have a defective pair.

Quote:
    Quote:

7. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

No, that never goes away. The bass is extended but never all that punchy, especially if you are used to bassier earphones. 

Quote:

If it were me I would choose the UE900 or W4.

Quote:

It's the same pair. I'll see if I can convince him that it's defective. I haven't seen the graphs but the treble doesn't sound great. 

8. ljokerl Contributor
    Added VSonic VC02. 3rd post of the thread is broken but that's okay. 

Quote:

eke2k6 and phantompersona like this.
  9. phantompersona
    Superb review Joker, the VC02 sound like something magical especially for it's price point. As always your reviews always makes me want to purchase headphones, i placed a order on the Vsonic VC02 on ebay. My wallet hates you very much^^ I hope your happy :)

10. eke2k6
    Quote:

x2

I had to remind myself that I still had to pay this month's electricity bill.

Careful, joker. If you keep giving these Vsonic phones such high ratings, you may get labelled as a fan boy/man

11. zerocoolhifi
    I concur even though I rated the GR02 BE a hair higher because I do like my bass a little deeper and punchier, I have been enjoying the heck out the VC02 because of its awesome clarity. I like better than the RE0. GR02 BE is just a bit more fun.

12. TwinQY
    ljokerl I tried linking to one of the posts on the 1st page...it wasn't there?

Oh, also first post here, love this thread - indescribably immense work, invaluable resource. I link it to all my non-head-fi friends and they love it as well. Probably the greatest thread on this site.

13. ayaflo
    nice review on the VC02 - Ah micro-drivers FTW

Hope the next one is the MH1c! 

14. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

[​IMG]

I was pretty surprised by the performance (especially clarity) gap between the VC02 and some of my favorite entry-level monitors - sets like the Monoprice 8320, Brainwavz M1, and Astrotec AM-90, which all still sound very decent to me on their own.

Quote:

I may just start avoiding VSonic IEMs altogether so that I don't have to re-scale the whole damn thread. 

Quote:

There is a problem with one of the posts. I think I may have hit a per-post character/image/word cap of some kind. I posted in a bug report thread so hopefully it will get fixed before long.

Quote:

Not next... but soon (hopefully)

pro1137 likes this.
  15. papijoe08
    Rice review of the VC02, Vsonic and other companies SHOULD pay you consultation fees for your recommendations. (LOL just kidding)
    I'm a fan of good low end iems and VC02's is the best I've tried and had under $100 to my ears its better than GR06 even if GR06 has more bass.
    If I may ask, how long did you burn them in before making this review? others said that it sounded better after 300hours.  

First

Back
631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640
642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651
Next

Last