Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Dec 13, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #15,226 of 16,931
Posted impressions of the 1964EARS ADEL A12: http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-review-1964ears-1964-adel-a12/ . Very promising so far, quite possibly a new benchmark.

Edit: whoa, 10,000th post. 

I see. Another option I currently have is to get the Sennheiser IE80 for about $230. I want to upgrade from the MA750. I've enjoyed my journey as follows .. Brainwavz M1 > MH1C > MA750 > xxxx?

Im ok with having a little bit more treble as long as its not sharp or sibilant. 

I don't know if the IE80 is really an upgrade from the MA750 more so than just a different flavor of similarly enhanced-bass sound. The DN-1000 that suman134 recommended may well be a better option in the same price range, especially if you don't mind a brighter sound.

Thanks for all of the replies, I definitely agree that the CKM500 has a harsh treble and definitely one of the reasons I want to change. They also seem to struggle with certain genres as well.

After checking out all the recommendations I just need to choose from the below now:

JVC HA-FXT90
Havi B3 Pro 1 + Topping NX1
GR07
ATH-IM70

Again thanks for the advice, all of those comments on the comparison by Joker helped too!

A little late to the party on this but as others have said the FXT90 and GR07 might not be the best options if you're specifically after smoother treble. 

Hey, |joker|, do you have any suggestions for an IEM around $100 or less with an inline mic and a relatively balanced sound?  My friend is looking to buy one to use with his iphone.  I thought about the Senn Momentum iem but it seems to be too bassy.

Momenutm is definitely on the bassy side. The UE600vi ozkan suggested is quite good. You can also look at the HiFIMan RE-400i, Etymotic MC3, or even the mic version of the Rock Jaw Alfa Genus (with the gold filters it's quite well-balanced). 

i have been reading this thread for a while... i am wondering between ie800, ultrasone iq, 1plus2 and akg k3003. The best seems 1plus2, but i cannot seem to buy it anymore, it is not produced anymore. akg k3003 seems just a very very overpriced iem from all points of view...

i am left to choose between ie800 and ultrasone iq. i enjoy lots of sounstage, treble, recesed mids, and tight bass [i hate too much bass, like sennheiser ie8]..

ie800 doesn't seem to be around here at all...
Does the iq have a treble roll off, which would make them sound. plastic.metallic.withoutsoundstage.cheap?...
what is everyone thinking that would be better between ie800 and iq?

IE 800 and IQ are not really great value, either. Each has its own concessions. The IE800 may well be too bassy for you but is otherwise pretty good-sounding; the IQ takes some playing around with to sound right and is at best on-par with the IE800. For the v-shaped sound you're describing you may be better off with something less expensive like a LEAR LUF4. 

Are the gr06 any good compared to the re-300h or Zero Audio Bassoo? I'm really considering the gr06 because of jokers review and the accessory kit it comes with.

These days I would go for the VSD3/S over the GR06 unless you really like the GR06 form factor. So far I prefer the VSD3S to the RE-300h.

Dec 13, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #15,227 of 16,931
the thing i want is the best soundstage with a more bright than warm sound... i enjoy the best of soundstage, like i actually enjoyed hd800 a lot. something similar? i thought that iq, ie800 or k3003 should be good enough.. i found some place where i can make customs, but it is an only in romania thing, and i have zero ideea how they sound. they told me that they can reshell anything, for ~150$..   http://www.ultimatesound.ro

something like dual driver custom costs as much as a pair of ie80 new. they allow some tuning..

it doesn't seem like anyone on headfi heared of them...

so, considering only the best soundstage, with the best treble, what would be the best iem?... [price doesn't matter as much as value for price]

Dec 13, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #15,228 of 16,931
How about the A10 from the 1964 ADEL Kickstarter? Joker just did a quick review of their A12 on theheadphonelist.com and said it had the best soundstage of the BA IEMs he has tried.

http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-review-1964ears-1964-adel-a12/

The A10 is to have more of a reference sound, where the A12 is towards the warm side.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1043330169/realloud-technology-that-saves-your-hearing-and-yo

The Kickstarter only has about 6 hours left!

Dec 14, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #15,229 of 16,931
  the thing i want is the best soundstage with a more bright than warm sound... i enjoy the best of soundstage, like i actually enjoyed hd800 a lot. something similar? i thought that iq, ie800 or k3003 should be good enough.. i found some place where i can make customs, but it is an only in romania thing, and i have zero ideea how they sound. they told me that they can reshell anything, for ~150$..   http://www.ultimatesound.ro

something like dual driver custom costs as much as a pair of ie80 new. they allow some tuning..

it doesn't seem like anyone on headfi heared of them...

so, considering only the best soundstage, with the best treble, what would be the best iem?... [price doesn't matter as much as value for price]

Never heard of that CIEM manufacturer. Don't think they are known outside of Romania. 

Thinking that if you're sticking to universals, the Sony MDR-EX1000 (assuming you can find one) may be a better option for a brighter, wider sound. It's certainly a better match for that type of sig than the IE 800 or IQ.

Dec 14, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #15,230 of 16,931

Never heard of that CIEM manufacturer. Don't think they are known outside of Romania. 

Thinking that if you're sticking to universals, the Sony MDR-EX1000 (assuming you can find one) may be a better option for a brighter, wider sound. It's certainly a better match for that type of sig than the IE 800 or IQ.

i could not fiind any..

thanks a lot for devoting some of your time to helping me..

so, you seem to not want to talk about akg k3003, i like ideea of an not natural, but exaggerated soundstage, even if sounds are not where they should be naturally. i would be ok with the ideea. but i feel like k3003 is more of a bad value for the money?..

on the first page, you seemed to like ultrasone iq, like they were almos akg k3003.. this is also a reason for me to stop and ask what if i can get something like k3003 at a price which would be almost half.... if not, would you reccomend k3003, as i don't seem to fiind anything else which would match the word soundstage?...

as far as CIEMs would go, i don't want to complicate things, like buying from someone who is not from my country.VAT is 24%.

i want the soundstage to be like the sounds coming from as far as possible, making it easy to discover new sounds and such. about sq, i am not sure, i just hate having too much bass, like ie8 from sennheiser treble i like to be easier to be heared, even if this leads to sibilance, and harsh treble. as i said, i am searching for something that comes as close as possible to the general signature of something in between hd800 and ultrasone signature dj.

i must mention that i have been reading most of the reviews of the iems that were on the first page, and, i can say that i want amazing soundstage, and the opposite of dark signature. i have this problem with ie8, and other headphones/iems that i tried, except hd800, when a vocal is shout, or is loud, it distorts, like, the sound you hear from the radio when it is between channels. specially bad with piano..

Dec 14, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #15,231 of 16,931

so, you seem to not want to talk about akg k3003, i like ideea of an not natural, but exaggerated soundstage, even if sounds are not where they should be naturally. i would be ok with the ideea. but i feel like k3003 is more of a bad value for the money?..

on the first page, you seemed to like ultrasone iq, like they were almos akg k3003.. this is also a reason for me to stop and ask what if i can get something like k3003 at a price which would be almost half.... if not, would you reccomend k3003, as i don't seem to fiind anything else which would match the word soundstage?...

as far as CIEMs would go, i don't want to complicate things, like buying from someone who is not from my country.VAT is 24%.

i want the soundstage to be like the sounds coming from as far as possible, making it easy to discover new sounds and such. about sq, i am not sure, i just hate having too much bass, like ie8 from sennheiser treble i like to be easier to be heared, even if this leads to sibilance, and harsh treble. as i said, i am searching for something that comes as close as possible to the general signature of something in between hd800 and ultrasone signature dj.

i must mention that i have been reading most of the reviews of the iems that were on the first page, and, i can say that i want amazing soundstage, and the opposite of dark signature. i have this problem with ie8, and other headphones/iems that i tried, except hd800, when a vocal is shout, or is loud, it distorts, like, the sound you hear from the radio when it is between channels. specially bad with piano..

You dismissed the K3003 right away as a poor value, and I can't really argue with that because it's $1300, but at the same time I don't think the IQ or IE800 really have the soundstage you're looking for. Even the K3003 doesn't really have as wide a presentation as an EX1000, so I am thinking with value for money factored in there might be better options. For instance, I thought that Dunu's hybrid answer to the K3003, the DN-2000, was actually a bit more spacious and it's about 1/4 the price. I posted a brief overview of it here: http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-review-dunu-dn-2000-fidue-a83-t-peos-altone200-sony-xba-h3-triple-driver-hybrids-compared/ 

Dec 15, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #15,232 of 16,931

You dismissed the K3003 right away as a poor value, and I can't really argue with that because it's $1300, but at the same time I don't think the IQ or IE800 really have the soundstage you're looking for. Even the K3003 doesn't really have as wide a presentation as an EX1000, so I am thinking with value for money factored in there might be better options. For instance, I thought that Dunu's hybrid answer to the K3003, the DN-2000, was actually a bit more spacious and it's about 1/4 the price. I posted a brief overview of it here: http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-review-dunu-dn-2000-fidue-a83-t-peos-altone200-sony-xba-h3-triple-driver-hybrids-compared/ 

from your post it would seem like dn2000 is not as bright soundsing as k3003 is, and it is not as good sounding in rest, but it is a very nice iem for that price..

dn2000 is not available in my country either, and it would seem that it is going to be a hassle to buy one, not to mention that i am going to pay around 500$ for one, because of taxes... 
i was trying to buy something from my country because of this, but if dn2000 beats k3003 in all aspects, and it is a cheaper version, then i might go for it..
it is not much of a problem how much it costs, but how good it sounds for the price. i want to buy the best sound possible, but the aspect of soundstage and treble has a more importance for me, when looking for headphones. also, i am searching for a thight bass. questions would be more like k3003 worth it's price? better sound exists for my tastes? what would be the price of that one?

thanks for all your help, i am just the type that makes up his mind a little harder..

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #15,233 of 16,931
ljoker.

I really appreciate this thread.  I remember lurking those rainy nights and reading all about the iems that i wanted and was always glad to see a nice detailed summary of everything listed.

So I've been using the Visang-R02's for quite a long time, and i love em, but they unfortunately got misplaced and now i need a new pair of iem's !

What is something better/similar to the visang-r02, with same similar qualities, full body vocals, decent/all-rounder explosive and quality bass/great soundstage and separation,  but maybe a little warmer too.

I can stretch my budget to $80 if needed.

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #15,234 of 16,931
  ljoker.

I really appreciate this thread.  I remember lurking those rainy nights and reading all about the iems that i wanted and was always glad to see a nice detailed summary of everything listed.

So I've been using the Visang-R02's for quite a long time, and i love em, but they unfortunately got misplaced and now i need a new pair of iem's !

What is something similar to the visang-r02, with same similar qualities, full body vocals, decent/all-rounder explosive and quality bass/great soundstage and separation,  but maybe a little warmer too.

Having not heard the R02, but going by your suggestions, my recommendation at $80 is the ATH-IM70. It has natural, forward vocals and warm, full signature with excellent separation and imaging as well as great depth and height in a very 3D presentation. The little brother IM50 ($50-60) is a great call as well, just not quite as good at imaging/separation and lacks a bit of the balance of the IM70.

The VSD3S is a good IEM that I'd recommend as well, though the vocal range is rather recessed and the upper treble is rather peaky. I also wouldn't say it has the best build quality. It does have very good stage and separation though as well as a warm quality. The KC06 might be a little too bass light for an allrounder and the soundstage is very two dimensional. It does tick your box of good vocals and separation though. 

Hope that helps. 

Dec 15, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #15,236 of 16,931
  ljoker.

What is something better/similar to the visang-r02, with same similar qualities, full body vocals, decent/all-rounder explosive and quality bass/great soundstage and separation,  but maybe a little warmer too.

Couple of solid options - for absolute sound quality your best bet may be the Sony MH1C. The cable is a pain in the neck but the sound is quite special - warm, smooth, punchy, yet spacious and not real veiled. Fidue A63 is another I'd consider - not as much bass (especially deep bass) as the MH1C but it's still tonally warm and has a more mid/vocal-centric sound with a pretty good soundstage. Another one in the same vein but a little more balanced and not as punchy or clear would be the ViSang VS-K1, which has a lot of similarities to your R02.

If you just want to go a ways warmer and bassier, I'd also consider the Dunu DN-23. About as warm as it gets in the price range without sound like crap. 

Sony advertises the SBH80 as having balanced armature drivers.....i'm confused

Not BA. It's the MH1C driver. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back