Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Dec 16, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #15,243 of 16,931
If You are anywhere near liking slightly enhanced bass, then avoid B3 Pro1. They do sound very good but bass department is littlebit too weak/laid back and gives no emotion. Tried lot of tips with those and couldn`t get bass right. And cable is quite pain in the as: .
Otherwise great build quality and SQ. Don`t know about Pro2 but they should have more bass. 

IMO
wink.gif

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #15,244 of 16,931
  If You are anywhere near liking slightly enhanced bass, then avoid B3 Pro1. They do sound very good but bass department is littlebit too weak/laid back and gives no emotion. Tried lot of tips with those and couldn`t get bass right. And cable is quite pain in the as: .
Otherwise great build quality and SQ. Don`t know about Pro2 but they should have more bass. 

IMO
wink.gif

I agree, the fit can be really tricky too. The sound-sig is on the neutral-bright side. But still way better than the KC06A imho.

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #15,245 of 16,931
Dec 16, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #15,246 of 16,931
Can't wait to hear Joker's opinion bout EPH-M200; it sounds pleasant and intimate to me except it takes time to get used with the fit. It's like comparing W3 to W4; the W4 is smoother than its predecessor. I paid $100 for it ( now it went back to its retail price,$150) and find the bend-able titanium tube is questionable.

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #15,247 of 16,931
i have been reading reviews for the last days, about dunu, and other iems... most people seem to think that akg k3003 is still in another league than the rest of the iems i was searching for, considering that i am not so much into customs...

the thing is that if the value would not have been so bad, i just feel that i pay more than i am going to get.

[the price is way to much, even if they are the absolute best universals, still they cost  the same as my ultimate laptop, which has a i7, gtx970, ram memory, hard disk, ips display... they are certainly cheaper to build and man, i just cannot explain to myself spending so much on just a iem, but if it is the best..]

what if i am to ask, differently, without considering my tastes, the ear usually adapts, what is the absolute best sounding universal IEM out there?
and what is the best universal iem out there that has a lot of soundstage?

[general sound, everything to sound at it's best possible]

i am sorry for being so insistent with my questions.. i have been reading the entire k3003 thread and 1plus2 threads, and now i am more confused than i was before.

Dec 16, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #15,248 of 16,931
i have been reading reviews for the last days, about dunu, and other iems... most people seem to think that akg k3003 is still in another league than the rest of the iems i was searching for, considering that i am not so much into customs...

the thing is that if the value would not have been so bad, i just feel that i pay more than i am going to get.

[the price is way to much, even if they are the absolute best universals, still they cost  the same as my ultimate laptop, which has a i7, gtx970, ram memory, hard disk, ips display... they are certainly cheaper to build and man, i just cannot explain to myself spending so much on just a iem, but if it is the best..]

what if i am to ask, differently, without considering my tastes, the ear usually adapts, what is the absolute best sounding universal IEM out there?

i am sorry for being so insistent with my questions.. i have been reading the entire k3003 thread and 1plus2 threads, and now i am more confused than i was before.

If you want something that doesn't do anything wrong even at top tier level and something that you want to keep it for a really long time, even if it might not wow you on initial listening-

-you might want to check out Dita Truth Edition also - The owners of them might be able to provide you their 2 cents.

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #15,249 of 16,931

I'd say that if you want the best sound, somewhere you'd want to spend money on a source, quality music, maybe cables if you're into that. So buying just k3003, dita truth or 1plus2 or another iem and driving it out of your smartphone or on board sound card will most likely not give you the best results. So I'd suggest maybe spending 50% of your iems cost on other equipment to compliment your iems.

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #15,250 of 16,931
Wow, great write-up! I wish that I never read it because I don't need to know about iems like that, but nevertheless, good stuff :)

Know exactly how you feel - I have the same thoughts every time I get to try the STAX SR-009 demo 
tongue.gif

Can't wait to hear Joker's opinion bout EPH-M200; it sounds pleasant and intimate to me except it takes time to get used with the fit. It's like comparing W3 to W4; the W4 is smoother than its predecessor. I paid $100 for it ( now it went back to its retail price,$150) and find the bend-able titanium tube is questionable.

Hmm... didn't realize this but do the nozzles actually pivot like the Audio-Technica CKX earphones? Those use a ball joint but it seems to be a similar concept:

I personally don't have any additional recommendations than what's already been discussed - the only new "top tier" universal on my horizon is the Sony XBA-Z5, but I haven't tried it yet. Everything I've been told about the DITA unit mentioned above has been very positive, but I haven't had a chance to try it and probably won't in the near future. 

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #15,251 of 16,931

Hmm... didn't realize this but do the nozzles actually pivot like the Audio-Technica CKX earphones? Those use a ball joint but it seems to be a similar concept:

Actually they're not quite pivot-able like the GR07 or the audio technica's. According to the advertise, the nozzle is supposed to be flexible but it's stiff and don't move much.

Dec 17, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #15,253 of 16,931

Actually they're not quite pivot-able like the GR07 or the audio technica's. According to the advertise, the nozzle is supposed to be flexible but it's stiff and don't move much.

Got it. In that case I'm not sure how much utility it carries... 

Dec 17, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #15,254 of 16,931
i'm really interested in the design of the Sony SBH80 / LG Tone+... i wonder
why good sounding wireless in-ears is a new thing when the technology exists for quite a long time.
do you guys think we should see more in-ears with similar design in the near future?
i was almost going to order the SBH80, but i'm such a picky person, i always have complaints
and i fear the specific design woudlnt stay put behind my neck.
i wish Sony would go for a more LG Tone+ design, and make the earpiece more MDR EX650 design :S

Dec 17, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #15,255 of 16,931
  i'm really interested in the design of the Sony SBH80 / LG Tone+... i wonder
why good sounding wireless in-ears is a new thing when the technology exists for quite a long time.
do you guys think we should see more in-ears with similar design in the near future?
i was almost going to order the SBH80, but i'm such a picky person, i always have complaints
and i fear the specific design woudlnt stay put behind my neck.
i wish Sony would go for a more LG Tone+ design, and make the earpiece more MDR EX650 design :S

I think the wireless in-ear market is a very inviting one right now but it seems like there are a lot of challenges with the compact designs. I'm sure more and more companies will enter the market (heck, even RBH is going for a wireless in-ear) and more and more will deliver a decent product, but it might not be the first-gen effort. Still, more choices is always better as long as there's some way of sifting through the options. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back