Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Dec 11, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #15,196 of 16,931
Haha yeah sounds like I can't go wrong with whichever one I get at this point!! At least this will be the last decision I will have to make on IEMs in a long while!

That's true, you can't go wrong with any of them so I'm sure you'll be happy whichever you choose.

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #15,198 of 16,931
Coming from the CKM500 you will not like the B3. Very diferent signature, you'll miss the fun factor and find the treble somehow cold. You should get the non detachable cable VSD3S. It's a very complete and versatile IEM.
And I love the B3. But I also have VSD3S. You can live with only a moderate warm IEM, but not with only an almost cold IEM. The B3 is not suitable for many genres. It doesn't party with a rock track like the VSD3S does.

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #15,199 of 16,931
Coming from the CKM500 you will not like the B3. Very diferent signature, you'll miss the fun factor and find the treble somehow cold. You should get the non detachable cable VSD3S. It's a very complete and versatile IEM.
And I love the B3. But I also have VSD3S. You can live with only a moderate warm IEM, but not with only an almost cold IEM. The B3 is not suitable for many genres. It doesn't party with a rock track like the VSD3S does.

Is it correct that it's the B3's you find cold?

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #15,201 of 16,931
Yes, in comparison. ZapX629 says most of it:
It really comes down to whether you want warm and rich, or more analytical and neutral. Coming from the CKM500 either one will be a sizable upgrade. 

As treble coldness I mean aggressive and almost harsh. Some refer to this as hot but to me, the sound like that feels cold almost like ice. Somehow analytic, cynical and not emotional.

For instance, I don't like FiiO E6 with the B3 because it enhances the treble a bit, and overall clarity and definition. So I find it somehow harsh and "cold" in a way that I start to not enjoying the sound.

Anyone tried the "aftermarket" Vsonic small nozzle foam tips with the B3? Great match I believe, the most advantage I feel is that it adds sub bass. And doesn't loose much of the highs. These http://penonaudio.com/VSONIC-Soft-Foam-EarTips?search=tips

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #15,202 of 16,931
Well, to be fair, I found the Havi quite cold in comparison to the GR07. To me it had an analytical bent that was extremely clear and detailed but not as warm and musical. Please note, when I say cold, I don't mean it as a negative as in with a person being cold vs. warm. It's just a way to describe the quality of the sound. I got a sort of cold, clinical clarity rather than a warm, organic detail, if that makes sense. I think it probably depends a lot on what amp you're pairing it with as well. 

Dec 11, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #15,203 of 16,931
I believe most of this coldness in the B3 is because it lacks sub bass. So with this tips I mentioned it gains some sub bass and overall sound warmth. Looks like a different IEM to me. It's more "fun". And somehow the sound gained some body and musicality. I'm very very happy with this tips :)

And BTW, I believe if @dukespecial prefer soundstage the VSD3S is better with it's V snapped sound. If he prefers forward voice perception, and consequently louder and more noticeable, I believe the IM70 is better. Overall VSD3S is more versatile, less intrusive and signature fatigating. Having voices upfront and intimate can get tiring after a while. For some people it's too intrusive.

Dec 12, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #15,205 of 16,931
Apart from channel imbalance the fit is NOT for everyone......

i just wonder if these havi's are really that good or its more of an hype, cuz i think UE600 which is currently priced under $50 can give these a run for their money.

Dec 12, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #15,207 of 16,931

i just wonder if these havi's are really that good or its more of an hype, cuz i think UE600 which is currently priced under $50 can give these a run for their money.

It's really good and it's not just hype, but it's weird in that it's really unbalanced and has this odd reverberant soundstage. It ends up sounding really good for the price, it definitely wasn't expertly tuned or anything.

Dec 12, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #15,208 of 16,931
I believe most of this coldness in the B3 is because it lacks sub bass. So with this tips I mentioned it gains some sub bass and overall sound warmth. Looks like a different IEM to me. It's more "fun". And somehow the sound gained some body and musicality. I'm very very happy with this tips :)

And BTW, I believe if @dukespecial prefer soundstage the VSD3S is better with it's V snapped sound. If he prefers forward voice perception, and consequently louder and more noticeable, I believe the IM70 is better. Overall VSD3S is more versatile, less intrusive and signature fatigating. Having voices upfront and intimate can get tiring after a while. For some people it's too intrusive.

I guess we just have to agree to disagree. The B3's to my ears are slightly on the warm side and I find them warmer than the IM70's. Less bass yes but still warmer.

I also enjoy the ue600's a lot but to my ears the B3's are superior in every way, YMMV.

As for fit it's always individual, I find the B3's more comfortable than the IM70's, others don't.

VSD3S is also a good suggestion though..........

Dec 12, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #15,209 of 16,931
Well,its just fit issue thats one of its huge drawback,I think, I pointed out,so do you call it as "hype"?
rolleyes.gif

i just wanted to know, i wondered about its credibility.

Dec 12, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #15,210 of 16,931
  i just wanted to know, i wondered about its credibility.

Yes I understand and I'm only one person but the old B3 thread had a lot of love for them before it got closed. Fwiw they're still on to of my ranking after a year and a lot of new challengers in my collection during this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back