Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Aug 10, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #11,176 of 16,931
Quote:
I got the midtowns based on your description. I figured, at the very least they have a mic, and should ride over that IEM itch.

Indeed. They actually both have a mic (at least the ones I have) but one has the Apple remote and the other one has the more universal 1-button.

Quote:
Joker, have you tried the 1964 Ears V6?
Am curious over the comparisons with the higher end universals, i.e K3003 and TG334,
and also how it fairs against the top CIEMS given the V6 more reasonable pricing =)

Nope, haven't tried the V6.

Quote:
Finally I will probably buy the GR02 bass edition. Is lendmeurears reliable and do they send to europe?

Yes and yes. As far as I know they ship worldwide.

Aug 11, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #11,179 of 16,931
Quote:
i wish the Sony MH1C didnt have that huge mic/remote thing...

I think everyone wishes that.
biggrin.gif
I reckon a DIY'er would be pretty successful selling recabled MH1c.

Aug 11, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #11,182 of 16,931
Hey Joker,

My friend really liked the Senn IE800. Do you have any recommendations for a lower range universal model with a similar sound? The subbass was a factor I'd say
biggrin.gif
but it was also the midrange. Based on some reading, I was thinking along the lines of the MH1 or the RHA450 (for iphone remote). If you have any other recommendations, she'd be willing to spend up to $300 if the signature and quality can get close.

Thanks!

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #11,183 of 16,931
The past couple of days I've been looking for some bass heavy earphones with decent clarity around $30 and I've narrowed it down to five choices either Sennheiser CX250, Soundmagic E10, or TDK EB900, (IEMS) OR Koss Porta Pro or Koss KSC35 (both over ear). I'm hearing a lot of good about Soundmagic E10 but I am a little concerned about being sent a fake. Out of the five that I named which do you believe would be the most suitable for a bass head?

Aug 11, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #11,184 of 16,931
Quote:
Hey Joker,

My friend really liked the Senn IE800. Do you have any recommendations for a lower range universal model with a similar sound? The subbass was a factor I'd say
biggrin.gif
but it was also the midrange. Based on some reading, I was thinking along the lines of the MH1 or the RHA450 (for iphone remote). If you have any other recommendations, she'd be willing to spend up to $300 if the signature and quality can get close.

Thanks!

Hmm... that's an interesting question. The MH1 and RHA MA-450 would indeed be good choices if he was capping the budget at $60 or so, and the Velodyne vPulse if he was capping it a little higher. However, with a $300 budget, I would probably go for the Yamaha EPH-100. There is no remote but the Yamahas have great deep bass, rich mids, and decent treble. The bass is not as quick, tight, and clean as with the IE800 and the overall clarity and refinement lag behind the Sennheisers, but there's also a 6x difference in price.

Quote:
The past couple of days I've been looking for some bass heavy earphones with decent clarity around $30 and I've narrowed it down to five choices either Sennheiser CX250, Soundmagic E10, or TDK EB900, (IEMS) OR Koss Porta Pro or Koss KSC35 (both over ear). I'm hearing a lot of good about Soundmagic E10 but I am a little concerned about being sent a fake. Out of the five that I named which do you believe would be the most suitable for a bass head?

I wouldn't call the E10 or CX250 basshead earphones. They have enhanced bass for sure but not basshead quantities. The E10 is my favorite of those - it's a very clear-sounding earphone with a pleasant overall sound. If you want really heavy bass, however, see if you have the JVC HA-FX101 or RHA MA-350 available to you. 

Aug 11, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #11,186 of 16,931
Hmm... that's an interesting question. The MH1 and RHA MA-450 would indeed be good choice is he was capping the budget at $60 or so, and the Velodyne vPulse if he was capping it a little higher. However, with a $300 budget, I would probably go for the Yamaha EPH-100. There is no remote but the Yamahas have great deep bass, rich mids, and decent treble. The bass is not as quick, tight, and clean as with the IE800 and the overall clarity and refinement lag behind the Sennheisers, but there's also a 6x difference in price.

Thanks! I'll let her know.

Aug 11, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #11,187 of 16,931
Aug 11, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #11,188 of 16,931
Sorry, bad assumption on my part :xf_eek: .

Haha yea. The IE800, oh man, I have no doubt that if I had walked into a bar with them and went, "here listen to this." I wouldn't be leaving alone.

Aug 12, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #11,190 of 16,931
some questions regarding the JVC HA-FXT90...
is the fit snug? or does it fall out of the ear with cable movement.....?
does the design provide a more secure fit than the id America Spark, for example, or less?
and is it harsh/sibilant a-la Klipsch S4? (i hate the S4's treble)
thank you so much.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back