1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)

First

Back
645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654
656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665
Next

Last
  1. damex
    thx for answers, ordered Fischer Audio DBA-02 mkII with LineaRossa W1 (got nice discount).

2. BigCabDaddy
    Quote:

Thanks! Great read. Now if I can only find a used ER6i...

3. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

Never tried the SL99. The vPulse is quite good for what it is. 

Quote:

Depends on whether you like warmer (Trident) or slightly more v-shaped (Soundmagic). Personally I would go for the E10 since I like its treble better and generally prefer a more v-shaped signature for electronic music. 

Quote:

Good price, no doubt. Very competent earphones. 

Quote:

Most of the IEMs that fit deep inside the canal (i.e. have a lower profile) tend to also isolate more. One way to go might be an ergo-fit IEM that would be housed mostly in the outer ear. A few that come to mind that don't isolate super well are the MEElec M6 (most bass, medium isolation), Soundmagic E30 (less bass, lowest isolation), and Soundmagic PL50 (not much bass, low isolation)

Quote:

The ER6i actually isolates quite well, like all Etys, and isn't warm-sounding at all. It would make sense to do one or the other - either high isolation (which reduces the bass loss) and a more balanced sound or a bassy IEM that doesn't isolate much. It's clear that Tyll (of InnerFidelity) prefers the first way. 

Lifted Andreas likes this.
  4. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    Quote:

My experience with the $10 SHE3580/3590/3500 leads me to believe they have just the right amount of "non-isolation" for your needs as they have a small port between the driver and the eartip that serves the triple purpose of leaking sound in, preventing a total vacuum seal and creating a more open sound.  They also happen to be very low profile.  I've been annoyed by their relative lack of isolation while riding transit and walking the busy streets of Hong Kong but that makes them sound like just the right ticket for you! [​IMG]

There's also the SHE3575/3595 models which add a mic and button, should you find that useful [​IMG]

5. Ziilot
    What would be the next logical step after Ultimate Ears 700 and Brainwavz B2? Maybe Ultimate Ears 900?

I like them both but I'm little concerned about the build quality of Logitech/UE, since UE700 cable is about to crack soon :/

6. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

I'm not a fan of that UE cable either. The UE900 uses a different one, thankfully. In terms of sound, it'll have more bass than the 700, including depth and impact, better imaging, and smother treble, but if you like the brighter sound of the UE700 you may not enjoy it as much.

7. ljokerl Contributor
    Added two old Sennheisers - CX980 and IE7

Quote:

Quote:

8. kmd107
    I need some help choosing my next IEM's.

Budget: under $200
    Source: Clip+ and Galaxy Nexus, Fiio E6, Flac and 320mp3's
    Music: R&B, Jazz, some Rock, Hip Hop

I currently have the RE-Zero's and love them, I feel they are great for about 70% of my music, the other 30% the bass on the Zero's falls short.  I use the Fiio E6 bass boost with the Zero's and I do feel it fills the gap and helps for most of my music.  I am hoping to find something where the amp's added bass is not needed.

I do like the mids and highs on the Zero's, so I am basically just looking for another IEM with similiar mids and highs but with the added low end.  I was hoping the RE-400 would meet me needs but from reviews it sounds like it may still not have enough bass for me (although it sounds like it does have more than the Zero's).

I have been considering the the GR07 BE's, but am open to other suggestions.

Thanks in advance for the help.

9. TheGame21x
    He finally added the IE7! [​IMG]

Great reviews as always Joker. But, wow, if you're getting to the IE7, the TF10 review can't be far behind! [​IMG]

Kidding of course. (Or am I?)

10. ZomG123
    Hey Joker, looks like a section of your thread is missing. Post #3 is blank :frowning2:

11. extrabigmehdi
    @Joker
    Great that you finally reviewed the senn IE7. I  though their bass is great, at least compared to the yamaha eph-100 (better impact & texture).
    Off course the yamaha eph-100 has better  clarity, but it's with the senn ie7 that I  learned true bass excitement.
    Thinking they deserve a better rating.

12. esanthosh
    Quote:

Coming to a browser near you on 13.13.13

13. TheGame21x
    Quote:

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

14. RedSky0
    Hi Joker,

Was hoping your opinion across the PFE232, CK100, UE900 and EX1000.

How would you rank them in terms of level of perceptible detail and bass extension, and would you recommend any other universals on those two fronts? Coming from the TF10s as an upgrade (and also because my aftermarket cables keep on breaking ...) so leaning towards the UE900s.

Much appreciated.

15. GN-0015
    Quote:
    That sounds like pro wrestling to me.

First

Back
645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654
656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665
Next

Last