1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)

First

Back
639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648
650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659
Next

Last
  1. Sladeophile
    Quote:
    Did you keep your W3s?  If you did, I would recommend sending them in to be recabled by Westone.  I had my UM3Xs sent through the wash a couple times due to my carelessness and my wife's unwillingness to care about my carelessness [​IMG].  As you said, the treble was fine, but the bass would rattle above anything more than a whisper.  I emailed Westone, and they said to send them in.  They took a look at them and recabled them for 40 bucks, and they are perfect again.  I am also very glad because they gave me a newer, smaller plug that is much easier to deal with than the original I had.  I would say it is at least worth looking into for such a nice and costly IEM.

2. davidcotton
    Fair enough, I wouldn't of thought it would have been the cables though.

Cheers

3. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

I don't think it's quite on par with the VC02. It's really a different (less v-shaped) flavor of the GR02BE but I haven't compared them head to head yet to be able to say it's better. The signature is quite pleasant taken on its own, with no real harshness and no overwhelming bass.

Quote:

I thought the Yamahas were pretty straightforward and those weird tips were comfier than I expected. Had more trouble finding a well-fitting tip for the Monster Trumpets, which come with at least a dozen different pairs.

4. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    Quote:

You realize that you've just described the V3 as bassier, more middy and more trebly than the RE-400 all at the same time? [​IMG]

5. suman134
    Quote:

nothing wrong with that .

6. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

I realized that's the way it reads when I was typing it, but I promise I haven't lost it. The V3 is more aggressive/forward in general than the rather laid-back RE-400, but this is most noticeable in the midrange. It also has a larger bass boost than the mild one of the RE-400 (which is the case with many other IEMs as the RE-400 is pretty flat). Lastly, it has more treble energy and is a little more peaky overall. The RE-400's treble is quite smoothed-over so this is also going to be true for many IEMs, including the Ety ER-4S and the old RE-ZERO. 

7. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    This would be so much more understandable with FR charts in hand... even just the by-ear makeshift charts I make listening to Sinegen :wink:

8. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

Really can't afford to put in the time on that - it would take a while to get it right and do so consistently. Sadly the InnerFidelity testing rig can't measure customs [​IMG]

9. garcsa
    Quote:
    Hi, received the VC02 at this very moment from bigbargainonline seller. Received within 10  days from HK to Hungary . Also bought Astrotec AM90 from the same seller. Everything was ok

10. Sladeophile
    Quote:
    Me neither, but that was the best cast scenario as it was only 40 dollars to fix a near $400 IEM rather than finding out they were toasted.  I'm glad I had them checked out, and I am still using them every day.

11. OliverBB
    Right now I'm trying to decide between Visang Ro2, Brainwavz M1, and Vsonic vco2

What I am most interested in is bass. Vsonic VCO2 gets great review but I worry there isn't enough bass.

I'm not a basshead-MEELECTRONICs M9 has much more bass than I like. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!!!

12. papijoe08
    Quote:
    you'll only get disappointed with vc02's and m1 if you're a basshead, R02 is a bassheavy one but I suggest you get something like hisound popo bass light (doesn't mean its basslight the bass heavy version is just tooooo bass heavy) | sony mh1c | gr02 bass ed :)

13. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

With the M9 as your only reference it's pretty hard to gauge just how much low end you need. The M9 is quite bassy, though it doesn't have as big a mid-bass hump as many of the other entry-level bass monster. It does have tons of sub-bass, though.

The VC02 bass is tight and punchy and I think would be just enough for most listeners, but to be on the safe side you might want to settle for the GR02 Bass Edition instead as papijoe08 stated. That said, bass-heavy sets like the M9 have a tendency to skew what a "normal" amount of bass sounds like so for all we know you may love the VC02 after you get used to it. 

14. Impulse
    It probably depends on how open you are to appreciating and enjoying a new kind of sound... Some people have very specific and absolute preferences, others are more flexible.

I went from MEElec M9/M6s to Ety hf3s and frankly it didn't take me long at all to get used to it... I can still enjoy the MEElec's for what they are, actually bought the M6 for running after I already had the hf3, since I had given the M9 away.

That rumble gets the blood pumping when I'm a few miles into a run... But I rather enjoy the detail and isolation I get from the Ety's when I'm out and about. I guess I'm just not terribly hard to please... :p

15. ljokerl Contributor
    Added the HiFiMan RE-400

Quote:

First

Back
639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648
650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659
Next

Last