1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)

First

Back
641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650
652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661
Next

Last
  1. jant71
    Hope he does have an AX7 as I'm am interested in the AX9 so the AX7 is a good starting point to gauge/guesstimate the adding of the dynamic in to the mix.

Not less bright than the R-50, hmmm. But there are the two nozzles and they have different filters in them right? So, I'm thinking one should be brighter and one attenuating the treble a bit.

2. ljokerl Contributor
    Finally had a chance to work on the table. Isolation scores have been fixed with 5/5 as the maximum instead of 5.5/5. Additionally, the accessory score now has half the weight of the other categories. Have been meaning to do that for a while. The "i" column also now has the number of buttons on the remote for those earphones that have remotes. 3-button remotes have the Apple iDevice volume controls on them. 

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, though my pair has a channel imbalance so it's a little annoying to listen to. Need to get it exchanged. 

Quote:

One of the nozzle pairs has no filters (way bright) and the other pair (came on the earphones and sounds better) has what looks to be standard Knowles acoustic dampeners (the gray ones, not the green ones that my Ety ER4 uses). 

3. Impulse
    Thanks for keeping that chart up to date and taking care of the score weights etc joker! I hadn't even that i column, very very useful for quick reference.

4. papijoe08
    Quote:

Maybe the new Vsonic VC1000 is the upgrade / sidegrade or gr01? It could have the same housing/cable setup with vc02 (They look the same except the color) :) It looks interesting too and its cheaper than gr01.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380597556592

5. ffh2303
    Hi joker,I've got a question. How does the RE-400 fare against the ATH-M50 [just sound quality,please ignore everything else] ? I've had a Brainwavz M4 [too V sounding] and a Sony MH1C [too much bass,exaggerated cymbals] which didn't satisfy me when compared to my M50 [which i find to be just nice]. Any input is much appreciated. :)

6. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

Thanks [​IMG]. I try to keep it as up-to-date as possible... when I have the time. 

Quote:

Sure does look promising at that price. 

Quote:

The M50 is more v-shaped than the RE-400. If you're expecting similar bass quantity you'll be disappointed but otherwise I think the HiFiMan is generally better than the M50. 

7. ffh2303
    I think a little less bass compared to the M50 wouldn't bother me,I don't listen to bass heavy tracks anyway. Thanks for the input.[​IMG]

8. Godinhovsky
    I would like to see reviews over the 3A tier but seems posts #3 is gone.

9. JosephKim
    Helpful reviews but I'm curious how the ratings work. For the numbers to have any value the IEMs have to be rated against each other.. if so you are going by superhuman audio memory and you are assuming your taste/hearing hasn't changed since you've started reviewing IEMs. Am I missing something? It seems like the numbers are completely arbitrary. Oh well. Still helpful nonetheless!

10. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

You should be okay, then. For me personally I still wish the RE-400 emphasized deep bass a little more a-la VSonic GR07 but it has a little more impact to make up for that compared to previous HiFiMan sets. 

Quote:

According to Head-Fi admins that post has reached some sort of character limit and as a result takes a while (something like 24 hours) to show up after each edit now [​IMG]

Quote:

Who said anything about audio memory? I have a lot of IEMs here that have been used as benchmarks since I started the thread or since they were originally reviewed. 

11. waynes world
    Hey Joker! If you feel like playing along.... you gave the GR07's a sound score of 9.1 and an average of 8.75. If the GR07 Bass Editions rated a higher score such as 9.2, and if you could get them for $139 (which you can do periodically from Lendmeurears), what kind of average score would that give them?

12. markychas
    Hi Joker-
    I wonder if you could give me some advice. I just bought the Etymotic HF-5. I absolutely love their level of clarity and the ability to pick up every detail. I still feel I'm craving a little better soundstage and the ability to do the deepest most accurate  bass. I only listen to classical and the Ety level of clarity is paramount with this upgrade. I am very sensitive to the microphonics you get with iems even the amount you get with the HF-5 is ultimately a deal killer. Is this too big of a request to fill with a universal iem?

13. Impulse
    Have you tried wearing them with the cable around your ear? I haven't had much issues with mine and microphonics, sound stage isn't the greatest but I think no IEM's gonna approach full size headphones in that regard.

14. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

Sure, it's as easy as changing a value in a spreadsheet. The "average" score is just a weighted numerical average. With 9.2 for sound the average for the GR07 goes up to 8.85 and falls right below the Rock-It R-50 on the table. The price does not factor into the average score - it only affects the tier the unit falls in and the value score. 

Quote:

You would probably like the VSonic GR07 - more deep bass than the Etys and a slightly wider sonic space at the expense of a bit of treble smoothness. 

I agree with Impulse - the cable noise really isn't bad if you wear them cord-up. 

15. markychas
    thanks for the advice. I will consider looking into the Vsonics. I'm weird but the only time I listen to iems is in a reclining position (bed) and the over ear probably won't work.

First

Back
641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650
652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661
Next

Last