Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 3, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #6,811 of 16,931
Suman... i actually already ordered the Sparks... i have a Klipsch Image S4
pair but i just can't stand how far it goes into my ear canal :|
i read the Sparks aren't very shallow fitting either, but i hope i'll like'em.
i was having a hard time deciding between the Sparks and Visang r03...and then
the Sparks price went down to 36$ in Amazon and i went for it.
too bad the delivery to Israel is made by an Israeli company that charges
27$ just for that matter...but oh well! i'll be very unique here wearing these beauties :)

May 3, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #6,814 of 16,931
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a new earphone. I'm currently using the MEElectronics M6-BK-MEE. My budget is $50-$80 CAD. I'm from Canada and I need something I can get here. I notice there are some earphone that ships to Canada from Amazon but not all.
I want something with amazing bass that won't affect the rest of the spectrum. Something that remains well separated and defined. I will using it for the gym and in the office. I have the Denon D2000 for home use.

Music I listen to is mainly house. I sometimes listen to hip-hop and R&B.

May 3, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #6,815 of 16,931
Quote:
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a new earphone. I'm currently using the MEElectronics M6-BK-MEE. My budget is $50-$80 CAD. I'm from Canada and I need something I can get here. I notice there are some earphone that ships to Canada from Amazon but not all.
I want something with amazing bass that won't affect the rest of the spectrum. Something that remains well separated and defined. I will using it for the gym and in the office. I have the Denon D2000 for home use.

Hard to beat the E10 for the price.  

May 3, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #6,817 of 16,931
Quote:
DannyBai : the e10 is 35$

To me, the E10 beats several earphones priced $50 or more.  All I'm suggesting is that the E10 and E30 are amazing sounding iem's at a low price point.  I'd rather spend $35 and use the rest on something else then get a $80 earphone when there's such awesome competition at a lower cost.  I've had at least 70 earphones listed on this thread and the E10 and E30 stays in my stable.  

May 3, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #6,818 of 16,931
Thanks for the suggestions. So the E10 and E30. Which one is better? E30 is like $5 more so it doesn't really matter to me. Only place I could find it was MP4nation. Couldn't get it to ship to Canada at the miccastore.

I was looking around and found the Klipsch Image S4 for $68 and the ship to Canada. Is that a good deal?
Also the Shure SE215-K on sale for $99 at Amazon.com looks like something I might be interested into. Is there a big difference jumping for a $40 E30 to $100 Shure SE215-K?

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

May 3, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #6,820 of 16,931
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions. So the E10 and E30. Which one is better? E30 is like $5 more so it doesn't really matter to me. Only place I could find it was MP4nation. Couldn't get it to ship to Canada at the miccastore.

I was looking around and found the Klipsch Image S4 for $68 and the ship to Canada. Is that a good deal?

E10 has more bass and the rest of the spectrum is not lacking.  E30 is a little more balanced but generally they both sound quite similar. Never heard the S4 but I think it's bass heavy and from what I've read doesn't sound as good as the Soundmagics.  Price seems ok though.  

May 3, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #6,821 of 16,931
Quote:
Hi |joker|, do you have a recommendation for a detailed iem with good bass?
This thread has been such a resource. I can't thank you enough.

Depends on how much bass you need - there are decidedly bass-heavy sets with good detail such as the JVC FX700//FX500 and Atrio MG7 as well as more balanced options (that are still not bass-light) - for example the VSonic GR07, Yamaha EPH-100, and Earsonics SM2.

Quote:
Hi guys,

It's rare for heavy bass not to affect the rest of the spectrum but if you're okay ordering internationally there's a number of choices depending on the exact signature you want - Fischer Eterna and Consonance, Xears TD-III, id America Spark, Soundmagic E10, etc. 

May 4, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #6,823 of 16,931
the main trouble with e30 is it lacks treble badly , at least what i felt , bass is good , mid takes 60% of the music . bass is 25-30% and high is 15-10 %  . cant say about e10 , but dont go for image s4 , inspite go for image s3 if kipsch is your liking , or try others , id spark as amitl went for is better then any sound magic in over all quality ( exclude the pl50 ) . or try as i said cc51 and a151 . there is a big difference between a $ 30-40 iem and $100 iem , but dont take the se-215 , its not that awesome when stacked against the re-zero , or sw-xcape , or the m4 , just go for vsonic gr06 its awesome for the price $65 . better then the se-215 .

May 4, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #6,824 of 16,931
Joker: I love my DBAs, they just have that fantastic treble and highs and airyness that puts even my FXT-90s to shame.  I love how the mids are just wonderfully in the middle, not forward nor recessed and their soundstage is perfect. I guess I really am a treblehead:) The FXT-90s just sound muddy and conjested to me, although I've seen so many positive reviews about it, from you, clieos, the appreciation thread and even i2ehan just rated the SQ 4/5, but the DBAs absolutely thrash them for me. Im looking to upgrade the DBAs( if its even possible). Are there any clear upgrades from them ( airy, forward and aggressive treble, detalied, mids , extremely fast bass, extended highs like them )? Or should I just reshell them? How do the re272s scale compared to them. Not interested in ER4s. Thanks!

May 4, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #6,825 of 16,931
Joker: I love my DBAs, they just have that fantastic treble and highs and airyness that puts even my FXT-90s to shame.  I love how the mids are just wonderfully in the middle, not forward nor recessed and their soundstage is perfect. I guess I really am a treblehead:) The FXT-90s just sound muddy and conjested to me, although I've seen so many positive reviews about it, from you, clieos, the appreciation thread and even i2ehan just rated the SQ 4/5, but the DBAs absolutely thrash them for me. Im looking to upgrade the DBAs( if its even possible). Are there any clear upgrades from them ( airy, forward and aggressive treble, detalied, mids , extremely fast bass, extended highs like them )? Or should I just reshell them? How do the re272s scale compared to them. Not interested in ER4s. Thanks!

I reshelled my DBA nearly a year ago & have been very happy with them.  As far as a (universal IEM) upgrade, the Audio Technica CK10 might be a good option (not sure if it's an outright 'upgrade' or more of a sidegrade with different tuning of the TWFK drivers, though).  The CK10 will certainly feed your treble fetish.

As far as customs, average_joe's breathtaking custom IEM review threads should help you find what you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back