Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Apr 14, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #6,586 of 16,931
Joker,

I would just like to say thank you for recommending the ER4S - they sound absolutely amazing, and found the bass to be excellent, and have not experienced sibilance!

They have much wider soundstage compared to the RE0 and CK10, not quite the same with height and depth, but still good. I wouldn't call these bright phones - more refined, neutral, and balanced. My only real gripe would be the fit - though custom reshell or sleeves would solve that. Unsurprisingly the ER4S can't quite compare to the RE262 in terms of presentation, well at least in terms of absolute measure. The ER4S however has much better imaging, instrument separation, accuracy, and resolution. Overall I would call these an upgrade from the RE0, and sidegrade from the CK10.

Thanks again Joker!

Apr 14, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #6,587 of 16,931
Joker, can you give me an estimate for the GR06 SQ rating? How well do you rate them?

Apr 14, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #6,588 of 16,931

Quote:
Joker - your reviews have helped so much and! I also love that everything is so clear and easy to understand!

I'm torn very right now between the W4 and the SE535.  I've heard some say that the 535 is more "musical" than the W4 but that the W4 improves upon a few areas of the 535 that some have been looking for.  Is one much better than the other for classical (instrumental/orchestral and opera) and rock/alternative than the other?  Is one especially more comfortable than the other?  I'm looking to have this IEM for a long time to come as I simply don't have the money I'd love to try multiple different/new things :)  I want to get lost in the music - at least that's my goal.   Anyone can reply, as well as Joker.  On the low end of the spectrum, I've had a few recommendations for the DBA-02 MKII.  Thank you!! 
smile.gif

I find the W4 both better-sounding overall and more comfortable though I'm sure you'll find many who disagree. The SE530 and SE535 (though the latter to a lesser extent) have always seemed to be triple-drivers that don't take advantage of the range benefits of a crossover. The W4 can still be called mid-centric to an extent but it covers the full frequency range more effortlessly. In the end it will still be down to preference and coming from entry or mid-level gear I'm sure you'll be happy with either.

The DBA-02 mkII sounds very different - not as rich and full but impossibly clean, crisp, and articulate. I happen to like the sort of sound it offers and think that it can definitely compete with the $200+ monitors overall. 

Quote:
Thanks for the reviews...it is really appreciated!

Glad they've been useful!

Quote:
Joker,

I would just like to say thank you for recommending the ER4S - they sound absolutely amazing, and found the bass to be excellent, and have not experienced sibilance!

They have much wider soundstage compared to the RE0 and CK10, not quite the same with height and depth, but still good. I wouldn't call these bright phones - more refined, neutral, and balanced. My only real gripe would be the fit - though custom reshell or sleeves would solve that. Unsurprisingly the ER4S can't quite compare to the RE262 in terms of presentation, well at least in terms of absolute measure. The ER4S however has much better imaging, instrument separation, accuracy, and resolution. Overall I would call these an upgrade from the RE0, and sidegrade from the CK10.

Thanks again Joker!

That sounds like a match for my own impressions. I actually sold my first ER4S shortly after getting the CK10 partly because I found the fit of the CK10 much more secure and generally found it to be more convenient out and about. I bought a new ER4S after I had custom sleeves made for my HF5 and they solved most of my problems.

Quote:
Joker, can you give me an estimate for the GR06 SQ rating? How well do you rate them?

Sorry, not yet. I have yet to compare them to anything in their price bracket. Hope to have the review done this coming week, though.

Apr 14, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #6,589 of 16,931
Hey guys,

Been looking to get some new iems, after my rather shocking CX400-IIs were stolen. This thread and reviews have helped me out a fair bit and narrowed the choice down to either MEElec CW31s or ViSang R02s...

The CW31s I can get for £21, whereas the R02s are £26 - not willing to pay more than £30, as I simply cant afford it.

Which is the best bet, or should I be considering the Brainwavz M6?

Main genre is metal/rock, but I listen to a lot of Jazz and "Classical" (mainly classical or romantic) and am slowly edging into DnB (mainly liquid tbh). Thanks in advance!

Apr 14, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #6,591 of 16,931
bro , may i help , my cx 400 II are worn out , so i went out and got quiet a few iems to replace it , cx 400 II i remember when was in its prime it had not the clarity or crispyness nor the sound stage , but the signature , the light hearted music which has a happy go lucky style to any thing that comes to it , did you liked that ? it had bass a bit hold up by the way . do you want bass and a improvement in other part spectrum ? or you want to ditch the bass for good clarity ?
          if clarity is what you want then under euro 30 i will say you are in the right way , go get the cw31 , one of the best lower end iems ever made , dont forget to get a pair of long , tips they dont fit awesome to me at least in their stock tips . buy a cheap philips , their tips fits nice and are longer .
          if you want bass and some improvement then go for the sound magic e30 , dont have a awesome mid , which is just a bit laid back , bass is good , a worthy replacement for the cx 400 II , cuz your coming from a so called bass earphone you may find bass missing in cw31 .

i havent heard the visang r02 of the brainwavz m6 , but i must tell you you wont be sad with the above two iems .

for a small reference , you can try my shoot out of one of my fav iems cx 400 precision II with some other sennheisers and some more .
                http://www.head-fi.org/t/597823/the-new-cx-175-review-with-cx-270-cx-215-cx-400-ii-ue-350-and-klipsch-image-s3-should-we-go-details#post_8179080

Apr 14, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #6,592 of 16,931
or try some cheapos , a ep-600 creative  + a es18 soundmagic . go for the e30 i will say cuz it has its own areas to entertain , may not be the fastest at that price range nor the most clear too but the most value iem if insertion is not a problem . try the cheap ones they are really nice at their price point , both under 8 euros .

Apr 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #6,593 of 16,931
I recently found this website. I love listening to music (all kinds), and I like listening to it and thinking "wow" this sound is awesome. So, I have been looking for some new earphones and this website is very informative. Thanks again for all your hard work on this website. Keep up the good work. Joyce

Apr 14, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #6,594 of 16,931

Quote:
what Brainwavz M6 ??

MEElec M6, sorry - loooong day :p

Quote:
bro , may i help , my cx 400 II are worn out , so i went out and got quiet a few iems to replace it , cx 400 II i remember when was in its prime it had not the clarity or crispyness nor the sound stage , but the signature , the light hearted music which has a happy go lucky style to any thing that comes to it , did you liked that ? it had bass a bit hold up by the way . do you want bass and a improvement in other part spectrum ? or you want to ditch the bass for good clarity ?
          if clarity is what you want then under euro 30 i will say you are in the right way , go get the cw31 , one of the best lower end iems ever made , dont forget to get a pair of long , tips they dont fit awesome to me at least in their stock tips . buy a cheap philips , their tips fits nice and are longer .
          if you want bass and some improvement then go for the sound magic e30 , dont have a awesome mid , which is just a bit laid back , bass is good , a worthy replacement for the cx 400 II , cuz your coming from a so called bass earphone you may find bass missing in cw31 .

i havent heard the visang r02 of the brainwavz m6 , but i must tell you you wont be sad with the above two iems .

for a small reference , you can try my shoot out of one of my fav iems cx 400 precision II with some other sennheisers and some more .
                http://www.head-fi.org/t/597823/the-new-cx-175-review-with-cx-270-cx-215-cx-400-ii-ue-350-and-klipsch-image-s3-should-we-go-details#post_8179080

I found the bass to be quite leaky with regards to the mids and felt I was missing out on a lot of clarity and just generally in the mids and treble.

Apr 14, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #6,595 of 16,931

Quote:

Quote:
what Brainwavz M6 ??

MEElec M6, sorry - loooong day :p

Quote:

I found the bass to be quite leaky with regards to the mids and felt I was missing out on a lot of clarity and just generally in the mids and treble.

if that's the case , maybe the cw31 is better suited. but you could consider the gr06 for £32

Apr 14, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #6,597 of 16,931
Thank you for all the details review. It helped me a lot in picking the right IEM. I narrowed it down to 3 choices need a bit more guidance.

A151 vs CC51 vs ETY MC5

My budget is around $60 and these 3 fit my budget (I got the price from amazon). I listen to pretty much all kind of music. Currently, i listen to pop/electronic and a bit of rock/metal. I want it to have good isolation but if isolation come at the cost of having better sound then I would go for the one with better sound. 

Apr 14, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #6,598 of 16,931

Quote:
Sorry, not yet. I have yet to compare them to anything in their price bracket. Hope to have the review done this coming week, though.

No problem! Can't wait for it!

Apr 15, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #6,599 of 16,931

Quote:
Hey guys,

Been looking to get some new iems, after my rather shocking CX400-IIs were stolen. This thread and reviews have helped me out a fair bit and narrowed the choice down to either MEElec CW31s or ViSang R02s...

The CW31s I can get for £21, whereas the R02s are £26 - not willing to pay more than £30, as I simply cant afford it.

Which is the best bet, or should I be considering the Brainwavz M6?

Main genre is metal/rock, but I listen to a lot of Jazz and "Classical" (mainly classical or romantic) and am slowly edging into DnB (mainly liquid tbh). Thanks in advance!

The CW31 and R02 are both better than the M6 if you're looking for a more or less balanced sound. The R02 is a little warmer but they are both safe bets if you don't need much isolation (if you do, the R02 is clearly the better buy). 

Quote:
I recently found this website. I love listening to music (all kinds), and I like listening to it and thinking "wow" this sound is awesome. So, I have been looking for some new earphones and this website is very informative. Thanks again for all your hard work on this website. Keep up the good work. Joyce

Thank you, glad the thread's been useful!

Quote:
Thank you for all the details review. It helped me a lot in picking the right IEM. I narrowed it down to 3 choices need a bit more guidance.

A151 vs CC51 vs ETY MC5

My budget is around $60 and these 3 fit my budget (I got the price from amazon). I listen to pretty much all kind of music. Currently, i listen to pop/electronic and a bit of rock/metal. I want it to have good isolation but if isolation come at the cost of having better sound then I would go for the one with better sound. 

Out of those three I certainly prefer the punchier, livelier CC51 for those kinds of genres but it has the least isolation. Still isolates well enough for public transport with a good fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back