Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Apr 11, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #6,556 of 16,931

Quote:
Looks like atrio.me doesn't ship to The Netherlands.. So unfortunately that's not working out.

Oh thats a shame and i have the same problem in the UK! :frowning2: Its only because you but $100.... Well if you see a pair of mono price 8320 come available in your area swipe them up their nice and clean acrros the frequency range and stupidly cheap but as for something available for you i don't know sorry! Joker will be around to help soon enough I'm sure :D

Apr 11, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #6,557 of 16,931

Quote:

I heard the HF2 and HF5. I found them very similar to ER4 - they had a similar harshness in the highs and lacked dynamics, bass and soundstage. PFE is way more dynamic sounding. I find it plenty even through the mids - close to ER4 with maybe a tad less texture.

Beats me than. You do tend to speak in definites before sometimes having a change in heart. Many here have described the HFs with triples vs the PFE with stock tips as very similar overall. I agree and like both. PFEs more comfort with touch more bottom and HFs even more balanced.

Apr 11, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #6,559 of 16,931

Quote:
What kind of IEM's would you experts advice to go with an Cowon J3? Most of the times I play Trance/House/Hardstyle music. I like bass, but it must controlled and deep, but not to overwhelming. It must be there when it needs to be there, but it shouldn't be there when it's not supposed to be there. I also would like the IEM's to go loud. Not the whole time, but just now and then when I'm playing a really good track. 
Price range should be somewhere around $100

First I was thinking of the SE215's but an guy on a dutch forum said to me I should not take the SE215's if I want bass. While other reviews stated there was plenty of bass in the SE215's. I'm a bit confused. So what do you guys advice me?

The SE215 has ample bass by my standards but it always depends on where you're coming from. Compared to the TFTA 1V, for example, it would seem to have almost no bass at all. SE215 and HiSound Crystal are pretty safe choices in that price range for bass that has good quality and above-neutral quantity. There are bassier sets - the TFTAs, Beyer DTX 101s, or Velodyne vPulses for example - but typically in that price range you'll be risking the quality of the low end. Even the vPulses, which have mostly deep bass, can be somewhat intrusive. 

Apr 12, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #6,560 of 16,931

Quote:

The SE215 has ample bass by my standards but it always depends on where you're coming from. Compared to the TFTA 1V, for example, it would seem to have almost no bass at all. SE215 and HiSound Crystal are pretty safe choices in that price range for bass that has good quality and above-neutral quantity. There are bassier sets - the TFTAs, Beyer DTX 101s, or Velodyne vPulses for example - but typically in that price range you'll be risking the quality of the low end. Even the vPulses, which have mostly deep bass, can be somewhat intrusive. 

Well I'm coming from the Q-Jays of which I think, they can not go loud enough and sometimes lack a bit of bass. I know it's going to be a step backwards with a budget of only $100 but for now that's just the way it is.  

Apr 12, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #6,561 of 16,931

Hey Joker really appreciate all the hard work you've put into these reviews. I currently have Monster Turbines right now and I have been looking around for an upgrade to them that keeps the same sound as the Turbines. I have already tried the Shure Se215s but they weren't to my liking. Any suggestions? Wanting to keep it sub $200. Thanks.

Turbine pro golds w/mic are $202 on amazon - they are a more relaxed & refined take on the Turbine sound. If you can describe the things you didn't like about the SE215, that might help with other options as well. 

The sound of the Shure SE215 wasn't the problem; I actually liked the Shure's sound. The problem was with the cable and it started to annoy me enough to become a deal breaker. So I decided to return them. I was looking at the Turbine Pro Golds but wasn't sure if there were any other IEM's out there with similar sound. Read through a lot of reviews but couldn't find any that referenced similar sound to the Turbines. The only problem I might have with the MTPG's are that they are a little flashy for me with the gold color, but that shouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

Again thanks for the advice!

Apr 12, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #6,562 of 16,931
hey folks get a es18 from soundmagic and write back , its got flat spectrum , sharp notes and enjoyable at just under $10 .

Apr 12, 2012 at 5:28 AM Post #6,564 of 16,931
brought it recently . and search it here you will find a thread with es18 measured .

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #6,565 of 16,931
Joker, which of all the TWFK-based IEM's is your personal favorite?
Just wondering 
tongue.gif

Apr 12, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #6,567 of 16,931

Quote:
You can't tell?

$50 says its the CK10, followed by the DBA-02 mkII.

Yes, I have a feeling those two are the contenders, just wanted a direct answer from him I guess 
wink.gif

I myself just brought a UE700 for 86$, and am really impressed by the clarity, separation, and detail of these TWFK drivers, I'd say about the same with the GR07, do you agree with this Joker? Or do you rank the GR07 higher?

Oh, and btw, is a chin slider and a cable cinch the same thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back