Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Apr 25, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #152 of 4,841
The Thousand Sound TS842 hybrid dynamic/BA custom IEM is here and burning in.  3-way design wit a dual BA (not a TWFK) and a dynamic driver in a vented shell.  Workmanship of the shell is excellent and comes with a cable with UE compatible pins.  Pictures below (click to see them full sized).

Apr 25, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #155 of 4,841
Quote:
Wow. Are you going to hear the merlin and do a comparison?

Maybe.

Quote:
Nice! Again the vent in the shell is turn off for me.

BTW I see only one armature. It seems like knowles ED driver

Is the ED a dual BA?  There are 3 terminals on the BA with 2 wires going to it, so my guess is that there is an internal crossover.  It doesn't look like the ED drivers I have seen pictures of and there are no part numbers on it.

Apr 25, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #156 of 4,841

Quote:
Is the ED a dual BA?  There are 3 terminals on the BA with 2 wires going to it, so my guess is that there is an internal crossover.  It doesn't look like the ED drivers I have seen pictures of and there are no part numbers on it.

No it's not, is single.
Driver in the picture says Knowles 29689. Only ED driver has this numbering. On the side note this one can also be found in Ety ER4

Apr 25, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #157 of 4,841

Quote:
No it's not, is single.
Driver in the picture says Knowles 29689. Only ED driver has this numbering. On the side note this one can also be found in Ety ER4

Yep, you are correct, I didn't have a lot of time to check them out this past weekend (and my wife forgot to let me know they arrived until Sunday night!).  I was going by the description on the Thousand Sound post here, which the 2 represents the second point, not 2 BAs.  Anyways, the ER4P is highly regarded so ER4P with a dynamic low end could be a winner!  Of course I will have to give it some time and compare with my other customs over the next several weeks.

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #158 of 4,841
Correct me If I'm wrong Gui Ling custom headset makes remolds for about $100
while their custom shells' quality seems not wors then UM's, they can be strong competitor here.

EDIT:
Beat Audio with 14mm DD http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9807368894&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=&pm_id=

more here: http://www.wxid.cn/index.html

May 4, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #160 of 4,841
More photos added in above post.  Updates:
- JH16 might be finished this week; Adam is making sure the sound before is the same as the sound after the reshell
- SA-43 is being made!  I plan on doing a shootout between the SA-43, EM3 Pro, LS8, JH16 reshell, and 5-way (and possibly one more)
- SA-12 canal custom will also be shipped from Starkey!  This should be smaller than the Fabs and fit in the canal, being pretty covert!
- Mi-3 work should start soon
- DRM Earz 4X should arrive next week.  I plan on doing a shootout between the Mi-3, 4X, Kozee X3, TS842, and Fabs
- I updated some sound signature information in the first post of this thread.

May 5, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #162 of 4,841
Thanks Joe. :)
this tread is only getting better :)
by the time I put enough money away in a safe place from myself to get a pair,
you will have a review of all of them :p 

looking forward to the shootout plans :)

May 5, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #163 of 4,841

Quote:
More photos added in above post.  Updates:
- JH16 might be finished this week; Adam is making sure the sound before is the same as the sound after the reshell
- SA-43 is being made!  I plan on doing a shootout between the SA-43, EM3 Pro, LS8, JH16 reshell, and 5-way (and possibly one more)
- SA-12 canal custom will also be shipped from Starkey!  This should be smaller than the Fabs and fit in the canal, being pretty covert!
- Mi-3 work should start soon
- DRM Earz 4X should arrive next week.  I plan on doing a shootout between the Mi-3, 4X, Kozee X3, TS842, and Fabs
- I updated some sound signature information in the first post of this thread.

Do you even sleep? 
biggrin.gif

May 5, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #164 of 4,841

Quote:
you should really try out a compact monitors stage 2.

Maybe some day.  I wouldn't mind reading up more on these if you have links.

Quote:
Thanks Joe. :)
this tread is only getting better :)
by the time I put enough money away in a safe place from myself to get a pair,
you will have a review of all of them :p 

looking forward to the shootout plans :)

Thanks!  I still have some waiting on several of the contestants and plan on writing some individual reviews before the shootout, but it is coming!

Quote:
Do you even sleep? 
biggrin.gif

Not much 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back