Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
May 9, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #166 of 4,841

Quote:
Another yet to be mailed

Copyright infringement?  
tongue.gif

May 10, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #169 of 4,841
Wow it's been a while since I went to this thread and it's becoming pretty crazy...lots of customs and exciting stuff

average_joe: it's like you get a new custom every couple of weeks :p Also that last custom frequency chart you posted last page seems very similar to the custom I got from UM..I think it was the Rooth LS8? I wonder how it will sound to you and looking forward to your reviews :)

May 11, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #170 of 4,841
I might be able to get the first part of the TS842 review up tonight...I will try.  I have been extra busy and all my spare time has been listening and comparing.  

The LS8 is nice and I like it but I have been sticking to the $500 to $600 range lately with the TS842 review and have two more coming in that range.  Both shipped, the DRM Earz DRM 4X and the Minerva Mi-3 (I can't wait to see the art work), but I have no idea when I will receive either.  The 4X should have arrived yesterday according to the USPS site and I am guessing the Mi-3 will arrive in a week or so.  Also, some day I will get the JH16; Adam at Kozee is making sure the sound signature is exactly the same as when I sent it to him.  And I will have two from Starkey coming sometime in the near future along with another I am not at liberty to disclose.

I have been holding off sending my 5-way back as I wanted to listen to the JH16 before sending it back, but maybe I should have just sent it.  I have started the 5-way review, but think it might be best to get the rework done before I post the final review as there are two conditions when I wear them: comfortable but lacking a little in the deep bass and uncomfortable/painful, but oh so amazing.  All of this is taking longer than I anticipated!

May 11, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #173 of 4,841
I have this feeling that Rooth really is from UM as well. Nobody has just confirmed it yet. Anyway, good luck on the upcoming reviews Joe. I don't want to be in your shoes with all those custom iems.

May 12, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #174 of 4,841
Hidition added to the manufacturer page.  Their site doesn't seem to have the NT6 and I have to go by Google translate for information, so not all that sure about the offerings.  I did find 2 reviews, the NT6 (well, pictures) and the NT2.

Rooth =  UM?  Maybe, and from what I remember hearing someone left UM and started Rooth, then left Rooth and started yet another company, Gui Ling custom headset.  

May 12, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #175 of 4,841

Quote:
Hidition added to the manufacturer page.  Their site doesn't seem to have the NT6 and I have to go by Google translate for information, so not all that sure about the offerings.  I did find 2 reviews, the NT6 (well, pictures) and the NT2. 

I remember I've managed somehow to visit their online store and was able to see the whole offer.
They also have NT (single driver) NT3 (triple driver 3way). I don't remember the prices though.

They also offer remolding AFAIR for smothing about ~$100

May 13, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #176 of 4,841

Quote:
I remember I've managed somehow to visit their online store and was able to see the whole offer.
They also have NT (single driver) NT3 (triple driver 3way). I don't remember the prices though.

They also offer remolding AFAIR for smothing about ~$100

Thanks for the additional information; I will update the manufacturer page with any store links you can provide.

May 14, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #177 of 4,841
Some notes:
- I have been listening to the 5-way and LS8 today and have updated the info in the first post for both.
- Waiting for the cables to burn in before testing with the TS842.  I am using the EM3 Pro to burn in the Crystal cable and while it fits, the connectors are not very secure.
- I received my DRM Earz 4X but will be sending them back due to a fit issue.
- Minerva Mi-3 is on the way.  They weren't happy with how the graphics turned out on one channel so they redid them causing a day delay.  But I am happy they wanted to get them right before sending them to me; I haven't seen any pictures so I will be very surprised.
- Starkey shipped the SA-43 and SA-12 canal phone; very quick turn around.

As Anaxilus said, I think I need more ears!

Oh, and I will be getting a new reference DAC in the near future (2-3 weeks or so).  Once you get high end headphones you realize your weak links in the chain (AKA thanks Spiral Ear!).

May 14, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #178 of 4,841
A+ thread this. Look forward to the Minerva impressions, as I'm pushing my mum to get some cheap(ish) customs as a long term investment and they would probably fit the bill! Also looking forward to hearing your JH16 impressions, particularly as I'm v. curious to see how it compares to both the Spiral Ears and any of the dynamic drivers in the low-end department. I think I'm obsessed bass lol.

May 15, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #180 of 4,841
Just read this thread for the first time in a long time when it was first started - wow, very nice! I also love the writeup about how to interpret a review - that stuff should be required reading for just about anybody new to head-fi and this audio hobby. 

About Rooth and UM, this was posted back in November:

Quote:
Well, this is definitely up to you.
Unique Melody and Rooth Lab are actually under the same company, but they have different technician groups working on these two different "brands/names".
So the head company decided that they will give UM and Rooth different discount products for this sale event.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back