Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Oct 5, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #4,831 of 4,841
Yes, DIY ears. Acrylic shell, GV driver, green and orange dampers, MMCX connector. I left the ports in the LF portion of the driver sealed, and filled the shell with resin, cooked it, and built my steampunk cover plate as part of the solid piece. Just glued watch parts to the top of the cured resin, then coated the whole works in more resin, sanded, buffed, polished. They sound real good.

Oct 5, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #4,832 of 4,841
Yes, DIY ears. Acrylic shell, GV driver, green and orange dampers, MMCX connector. I left the ports in the LF portion of the driver sealed, and filled the shell with resin, cooked it, and built my steampunk cover plate as part of the solid piece. Just glued watch parts to the top of the cured resin, then coated the whole works in more resin, sanded, buffed, polished. They sound real good.
Where can I find a kit?

Oct 5, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #4,836 of 4,841
I can't say much more, because that would violate the TOS agreement. Just sayin.
You could make kits and become a "member of the trade." :D

Oct 5, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #4,838 of 4,841
Oct 5, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #4,839 of 4,841
Mar 5, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #4,840 of 4,841
I had my triple fi 's reshelled a spell back by Alien Ears (do not know if they still do reshells) and they turned out wonderful and with a quick turn around. And on the opposite end I had my UE quad drivers reshelled by a company InEarCentral and long story short after one year in their "care" I was sent back a good looking IEM that worked well for one week upon which the right monitor snapped off in my canal when removing it and a trip to Kaiser to have it removed. I sent them to be repaired and 8 months later they were returned to me in many pieces now stating they were now out of warranty and it would cost me $190 for the fix. So now have a pile of plastic with four drivers semi attached. Still looking for a service that can be trusted.

Jan 2, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #4,841 of 4,841
Quote:

The 5 bore holes are for the 5-way design. New thread here.

A highlight from Grzegorz's description:
"Super extended resolution, frequency response, instrument separation and multi-dimensional soundstage will make you realize all the subtleties you have missed and never heard before in your well known recordings. And we mean all recordings…"

And from an email from Grzegorz when asked about his "delayed woofer" (now called delayed "ignition" woofer):
"A “delayed” woofer is an idea I’ve been thinking and experimenting upon for a long period of time now and which I have implemented in the upcoming models. I cannot disclose the details for that as the concept is not used anywhere else, as far as I know. It doesn’t, of course, mean any delay in time or phase of the transducers, etc., but rather the ability to render the signal in a controlled environment with different “strength/amplification” and levels as perceived by one’s brain. At least to my ears it helps with texturing, SPL, punch, attack/decay ratio of bass notes, etc.The best bass I've ever heard anywhere so far."

They should arrive this week as they arrived in New York the 12th (USPS Express Shipping)
Thats a time delay circuit to produce a dynamic driver decay, thats all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back