Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
May 15, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #181 of 4,841
Frequency response charts for LS8 and Miracle below...

And speaking of UM vs. Rooth, I asked Rooth do do some custom artwork but they said they couldn't do what I asked (although some others said the same thing).  Minerva tried it and I love the UM artwork.

A kind soul happen to share their Miracle graph for comparison.  First picture = Rooth LS8, second picture = UM Miracle.  The graph grid and numbering/stamps look the same.

I do hear the accentuation at 6K which makes the clarity readily apparent.  Also, when I first received the LS8 it seemed like the treble was rolled off a bit but now seems much more extended (this is compared with the 5-way that extends up as far as I can hear).  The LS8 does look to have a 5 dB imbalance at around 12K, but with music I can't tell.  And the Miracle is more mid-prominent than the LS8 per the graph, but the LS8 appears to have slightly more oomph in the mid-bass region.  The bass of the LS8 starts to roll off while the Miracle doesn't, and I am not sure what the super-tweeter of the LS8 gets you except a few more dB in the upper treble region, but with more peaky performance.

And thank you for taking the time to read and keeping tabs on the thread.  I am looking forward to seeing how the artwork comes out on the Mi-3 almost as much as my interest in the sound!

May 17, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #183 of 4,841
Is this full silicone or acrylic with silicone inside?
Bubbles are kind of turn off

Hidition NT6 measurments are now up http://goldenears.net/board/1251319 trully outsanding performance as for BA IEMs.
Bass must be blowing, however I'd be afraid of recessed mids especialy upper mids.

May 18, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #184 of 4,841
The outside shell is acrylic filled with silicone.  The bubbles look worse in the pictures than in person.

So is the graph two separate measurements (both with right and left) at 2 different volume levels?  And that looks like massive amounts of bass with a good sized dip.  Unfortunately, Google translate doesn't seem to be doing a great job.

May 18, 2011 at 9:44 AM Post #186 of 4,841
Once switch turns the second bass driver on/off to change the bass from flat to enhanced and the other switch is for presence, which increases the midrange and is good for switching when you switch music from say vocal to electronic.  You can read the Starkey product info here.  Some additional pictures below.

May 20, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #188 of 4,841
Wow, the design of the Starkey SA-43 is much more different from the other customs out on the market. Can't wait to hear your impressions.

May 21, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #189 of 4,841
TS842 review done: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/553516/thousand-sound-ts842-review-lowest-cost-hybrid-custom-iem

Updated source, cable, and volume performance.

And yes, the Starkey customs seem to be unique.  The sound has not disappointed so far!

Now that the TS842 review is done and I am still waiting on the JH16 reshell and for the USPS and Royal Mail to exchange the package (at least per the tracking), I am going to continue to work on the Spiral Ear SE 5-way review.  I wanted to have the JH16 before I was proceeded, and was thinking of sending them back for a refit, but as luck would have it, I have neither the JH16 nor have I sent back the 5-way.

And for those that don't know, I have been slowly updating the first post in this thread.

May 26, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #194 of 4,841
Great reviews!

How do you afford to buy all these customs? You either get these for free due to reviewing purposes OR you don't have kids.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2011 at 5:09 AM Post #195 of 4,841

Quote:
Great reviews!

How do you afford to buy all these customs? You either get these for free due to reviewing purposes OR you don't have kids.
smily_headphones1.gif

He's a mutant freak that was born w/ 5 pairs of kidneys.  I think he's doing a review of a Dialysis machine next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back