Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread
Mar 18, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #346 of 1,273
hehee look at that thing... :)
Quote:
You called? (Yes, this is mine, it didn't come with a case, so I used the box it came in!
biggrin.gif
)

Mar 18, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #347 of 1,273
Quote:

So you're getting the Blue Circle amp/dac based on what?  

Didnt u get my pm on which i gave u more info?

well u ask and i reply:

i am considering to get myself that dac/amp because of this:

1. Their excellent reputation of making some very very very special high quality sounding components
2. They love to make u any custommade project humanly possible,love is keyword here
3. Reasonable priced..NOT CHEAP
4. The reviews/ posts on threads i read
5. My hero here on headfi, SKYLAB, owned a blue circle headphone amp ( i pm'ed him for more info) and he said he loved it...what more confirmation u want..lolz
6. And i love tohave something very special almost no one knows off..thats why i have the 337
4. The way blue circle reply on my, a bit stalkative, questions bout 'my' future amp/dac
5. 3 years warranty
5. My guts and intuition tell me they make something that can really surprise, has same feeling i got when i heard/read bout the 337 and the he500 and even my mstage..i trust this feeling..until now it didnt fail me..
6. I love to take a little bit of a risk
7. Am lucky this time that my budget this time stretches to get something excellent, thanks to the taxes..first time that i am happy bout those creeps! Oops
wink.gif

so now u have (some of) my reasons why i maybe ( if price is acceptable ofcourse) will join the blue circle fellowship.

EDIT

u can see i didnt include esthetics! For me thats the less most important fact of an amp...as long it has quality built to last forever..and i read blue circle products are built like that...as i said..in worst case scenario i will put it under my desk on a small table
biggrin.gif

i didnt buymy 337 not  based on looks also...to be honest..almost everyone who saw it in my house find it ugly and oldfashioned..but i dont care..as that heavy beast pumps out music through my he500 in a way i could never be able to imagine..its heavely!!

but now i need a dac to connect it to my pc...and ialready heard a couple of them already...not one really made me wow'ed myself compared to the dap i use now as source..the excellent hm602 on lineout as standalone source..not connected to pc.

Mar 18, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #348 of 1,273
Quote:
Didnt u get my pm on which i gave u more info?

well u ask and i reply:

i am considering to get myself that dac/amp because of this:

1. Their excellent reputation of making some very very very special high quality sounding components
2. They love to make u any custommade project humanly possible,love is keyword here
3. Reasonable priced..NOT CHEAP
4. The reviews/ posts on threads i read
5. My hero here on headfi, SKYLAB, owned a blue circle headphone amp ( i pm'ed him for more info) and he said he loved it...what more confirmation u want..lolz
6. And i love tohave something very special almost no one knows off..thats why i have the 337
4. The way blue circle reply on my, a bit stalkative, questions bout 'my' future amp/dac
5. 3 years warranty
5. My guts and intuition tell me they make something that can really surprise, has same feeling i got when i heard/read bout the 337 and the he500 and even my mstage..i trust this feeling..until now it didnt fail me..
6. I love to take a little bit of a risk
7. Am lucky this time that my budget this time stretches to get something excellent, thanks to the taxes..first time that i am happy bout those creeps! Oops
wink.gif

so now u have (some of) my reasons why i maybe ( if price is acceptable ofcourse) will join the blue circle fellowship.

u can see i didnt include esthetics! For me thats the less most important fact of an amp...as long it has quality built to last forever..and i read blue circle products are built like that...as i said..in worst case scenario i will put it under my desk on a small table
biggrin.gif

Yeah - but this is more of what I was looking for or asking rather...

Thanks..

Mar 18, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #349 of 1,273
Quote:

Yeah - but this is more of what I was looking for or asking rather...

Thanks..

Ur welcome.

ps..i edited my post a bit
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #351 of 1,273
Mar 18, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #353 of 1,273
Mar 18, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #354 of 1,273
That is utterly brilliant. What a great bit of recycling. Kudos to you.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:
You called? (Yes, this is mine, it didn't come with a case, so I used the box it came in!
biggrin.gif
)

Mar 18, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #355 of 1,273
That is utterly brilliant. What a great bit of recycling. Kudos to you.

Cheers,

Andy. 
Thanks! Didn't want to spend a lot of money on a case for a $30 amplifier board (I supplied the power supply, and it's a really nice little amp!).

Mar 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #357 of 1,273
What speakers are you powering. Im envisioning 2 washing machine boxes with cutout cardboard cones. Concentric drivers of course!
:)
Cool stuff.
Just a cheap pair of Pioneer SP-BS22-LRs. Wish I would've gone with Kef iQ30s though, but didn't have the funds at the time... :frowning2:

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #358 of 1,273
They have good reviews. You could always check Audiogon when you save up again. There's plenty of excellent 5-10 yr old speakers and you'll get more value. Though audio is an expensive hobby for sure.

Mar 18, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #359 of 1,273
They have good reviews. You could always check Audiogon when you save up again. There's plenty of excellent 5-10 yr old speakers and you'll get more value. Though audio is an expensive hobby for sure.
Thanks!

Mar 20, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #360 of 1,273
A bit offtopic..but..i just heard metrum has her octave upgraded to version mk2..u can now get the same 192 usb module as in the hex inthe new octave...as not having a usb connection was what was bothering me in the original octave..but now they solved that...and that for a price of around 1100 euro..just wanted u to know that guys..
and now back to topic
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back