Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread
Mar 28, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #376 of 1,273
Where I read these sentences?
biggrin.gif

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=18922147026

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #377 of 1,273
So I just received word - X-Sabre should be shipping as of tomorrow. The Matrix USA website is now taking actual orders instead of pre-orders. Remember - order from there and it ships from China directly from the manufacturer. But any issues or support comes from the local distributor based in New Jersey. 

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #378 of 1,273
Quote:
X-Sabre vs Gungnir

No contest. X-Sabre takes resolution to the next level. Smoother, more open, more detailed, more air, even better bass control and texture. No downside in upgrading from the Gungnir, except the price of course.

X-Sabre vs Concero

Sound is very similar. Detail and air goes to X-Sabre barely. Attack perhaps slightly better. There are several areas where the X-Sabre has a very small advantage, and the Concero at best equals the X-Sabre, so no advantage areas, except price. Largely the decision on these units comes down to features. DSD/DXD + Balanced and slight sound gains vs $500.

X-Sabre vs DA11

Smoother and clearer than the DA11. DA11 is voiced a little different. I would say the DA11 is better than the Gungnir, but I did not compare them directly. I preferred the X-Sabre to the DA11, but not by as much as over the Gungnir.

X-Sabre vs PWD2

Did not care for the PWD2. Treble tended to be harsh and felt much less open. Lacks impact and attack. I think I would even prefer the Gungnir over the PWD2 but again did not compare directly.

This could get interesting with the New Concero DSD Dac set to release mid April... ""[size=small]We previewed the CONCERO DSD at the SSI show in Montreal. Units will start shipping at the end of April. Price of the unit will be $799. We will start taking orders in mid April.[/size]
[size=10pt] [size=x-small]Mark M[/size]
[size=x-small]On 3/27/2013 9:09 AM,[/size]

[/size]

Mar 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #380 of 1,273
This could get interesting with the New Concero DSD Dac set to release mid April... ""[size=small]We previewed the CONCERO DSD at the SSI show in Montreal. Units will start shipping at the end of April. Price of the unit will be $799. We will start taking orders in mid April.[/size]
[size=10pt] [size=x-small]Mark M[/size]
[size=x-small]On 3/27/2013 9:09 AM,[/size]

[/size]

It comes down to how much DSD/DXD content you actually have, or whether you are willing to purchase audiophile music in speshalitistic formats for the express purpose of listening to gear.

Mar 28, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #384 of 1,273
Got an email today from Arthur saying my unit will ship from china tomorrow. Anyone else order one?

Mar 29, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #385 of 1,273
Got mine back today, what a relief it is switching out the Gungnir.

Mar 29, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #390 of 1,273
@Maxvla @Project86
Could you tell us what type of output I/V stage x-sabre use?
From your pictures is impossible to understand.
I think an opamp based one, but... who knows?

@Project86
How do you put x-sabre vs parasound zdac?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back