Massdrop PLUS Universal IEM
Apr 22, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #316 of 877
I own both and from what I can tell, the graphs say it all. The Plus has exaggerated highs and less bass. I actually think the iT01 is a little better. (I bought the Plus knowing it would sound like that, and I bought it for certain applications, not as a general listening device for everything)

But it's personal preference (and opinion). It also depends on the source. And... It could be manufacturing variations.

Right now, the iT01 is my favorite, and I have a few. (I need more ) :D

note: big price difference also.......

Its beyond me how could anyone prefer IT01 over MD Plus. Ibasso sounds mediocre to me, while Plus competes with my former JH Angie II which costed 4 times the price.

Apr 22, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #317 of 877
Its beyond me how could anyone prefer IT01 over MD Plus. Ibasso sounds mediocre to me, while Plus competes with my former JH Angie II which costed 4 times the price.

Umm, did Massdrop pay you to say this? I think the Massdrop sounds great for 300 bucks, and it arguably sounds as good as some $500 IEMs, but let’s stop from here on, thanks.

Apr 22, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #318 of 877
Umm, did Massdrop pay you to say this? I think the Massdrop sounds great for 300 bucks, and it arguably sounds as good as some $500 IEMs, but let’s stop from here on, thanks.

Right, something strange about it :D

Point is: The iT01 is quite an item for the price. Almost and undercut, considering you have the CA Atlas for $1200 coming out, which certainly is better, but you get my drift.

Ok, so i'm off topic. The Plus is fantastic, and serves it's purpose.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #319 of 877
Right, something strange about it :D

Point is: The iT01 is quite an item for the price. Almost and undercut, considering you have the CA Atlas for $1200 coming out, which certainly is better, but you get my drift.

Ok, so i'm off topic. The Plus is fantastic, and serves it's purpose.

I don’t have an Atlas (nor did I buy it yet)...

Apr 22, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #323 of 877
Hello, I'm on the road (next weekend at the Tokyo Headphone Festival) and I appreciate the questions and comparisons in this thread...

Some of you were inquiring on the next availability of the Plus.
I was checking in on production before I left and we're only held up by some packaging at the moment.
Should be safe to say that you'll see some Plus available within the next month. Hope this helps!

Also, some cables and adapters are in the works that will fit with the Plus for added flexibility.
We're working to make these new options available for existing owners too.

Catch you later!

Apr 23, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #324 of 877
The KZ ones will not work as there's a notch in the MD+. You can cut one out though and it may work. The connector is 2-pin 0.75mm or 0.78mm. They are different in size but in my experience THEY BOTH WORK. Tolerances! Anyway,you want to find one with a notch between the two pins and also a thinner end piece. I bought a bunch of connectors for making my own cables and these work great with these and iSines: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1Pa...rch0104.8.33.16935d1cyPur8A&priceBeautifyAB=0

You can easily make your own cable for a few bucks. :)
Where would you get a quality microphone from for your DIY cable ?

Apr 23, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #325 of 877
Hello, I'm on the road (next weekend at the Tokyo Headphone Festival) and I appreciate the questions and comparisons in this thread...

I was checking in on production before I left and we're only held up by some packaging at the moment.
Should be safe to say that you'll see some Plus available within the next month. Hope this helps!

Also, some cables and adapters are in the works that will fit with the Plus for added flexibility.

Catch you later!
CEE please, try to find a way to sell at least Massdrop Plus in Europe without +28% of taxes :disappointed:
I still want them badly since I got the announcement first email

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #327 of 877

Catch you later!
Is @Jerda right about the +28% taxes for buying from Europe ? This would drastically reduce the attractivity for all EU buyers :frowning2:

Apr 24, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #330 of 877
Thanks!

And to clarify, by saying it’s useless, I was responding to that post above mine which mentioned he wants some stupid microphone units for making a cable. Comon why would anyone want hassle like that.

The Massdrop plus is not useless. It’s ugly as hell and is ideal to be used as a Halloween deco.
Oops I had even missed that part of your reply :p Well I will be using my phone as source and I would be happy to not have to switch to the stock earbuds when having to make or take a call... call me lazy :wink: Plus I think making my own cable would be a nice little project while hopefully saving a bit on the cost of a cable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back