I wanted to wait until the meet...er, met expectations and it seemed as if everyone had a great experience...
The Bay Area Meet would like to Sincerely Thank:
Veterans whose spirit and advice made the meet possible and successful:
- jp11801 impetus/advice/paved the way
- Voltron paved the way...
Members and attendees:
- renlute- support/advice/maps to dinner/original interest thread
- mkubota- signs/raffle fishbowl/sleep deprivation to make signs so nice
- migsmack- Power Strip and Extension Kit!
- KevinBrown- my great friendship with him inspired me to organize
- Susan- my co-worker saved the day by checking everyone in
Couldn't make it to the meet but gave great moral support (better see you next time):
- mikemalter- hope you feel better!
- FLACvest- hope you feel better too!
All showed up in FORCE.
In the rain & from as far as:
- New York
You packed your gear, you arranged time off with significant others, you braved the roads, the weather, the lack of hairnets...what can I say?
I only listened to a few things but some of them just had me laughing because I didn't know it was possible to hear that in a headphone. And you were all so nice. Thanks for that!
Thank you to Ultimate Ears...you brought FIVE raffle prizes (including a Squeezebox Touch), an Audiologist, and 25% off custom orders (with free impressions).
Thank you to Doc B. of Bottlehead who donated a Bottlehead Crack DIY Amp Kit...
Thank you to Fang of HeadDirect/HIFIMan who donated TWO RE262's to the raffle.
Thank you to my friend Robert Rich who donated (3) of his latest album, "Ylang" to the raffle.
Thank you to NuForce for loaning some gear.
Thank you to Schiit for the sneak peek at LYR.
So What's Next???
- Need a Fall Date for the next Bay Area Meet
- Need the next Organizer (I will help!)
- Don't need a Deposit! (Paying it forward from this meet!!!)
...and even contributing $150 to H.E.A.D.!!!
(Please post pictures, impressions, hints for the next meet, thoughts about the next date, and if you are game to be the Next Bay Area Meet Man. I can tell you that it is TOTALLY rewarding. I had no idea where Head-Fi was going to take me but I am so glad...we've got ourselves a fun hobby and a great community.)
Pleasure to meet you all and hope it is just the beginning!