Massdrop PLUS Universal IEM
Nov 1, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #94 of 877
In on this drop based on this thread as several other positive things I've read. I didn't want to take the risk and also wait this long but I've been so frustrated with my recent IEM purchases. If the mids are as good as I've read they are, these will be right up my alley.

Nov 1, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #95 of 877
I've never hear the unit before. Sorry I can't help.

Yeah, I figured. Wasn't sure who else got preview copies. Thanks anyways! Hopefully if a pair does cross someone else's hands that they might offer up their thoughts.

The reason I was asking was I've never heard the UERM so I wouldn't know what a "fun" version of that might sound like. And tbh everyone's definition of enough sub-bass seems a bit different, so it's hard to know what to make of that as a description. Another concern I have is tip fit. I'm a big fan of spiral dots. I will say, I dig the form factor and 2-pin connector. But basically there are too many open questions for me to throw down so much money on a pair of IEMs.

Nov 1, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #97 of 877
Any thoughts on these vs the Periodic Beryllium IEM?
Came pretty close to ordering but with the long lead time I figured I'd wait for canjam nyc in february.

The Be's are warm-ish, reminds me of the HD650-ish signature.

Bass: Be lifted in overall region, while lift on Plus only focus on sub bass. Plus is more punchy and dynamic, but the mid bass of Be allows a rich, textured tonality to come through.

Mids: Plus is clearer and more forward, Be is smoother and lusher but lacks a little clarity when compared.

Treble: Plus is brighter but may sound sharper if you like the Be sound.. Be is smoother but lacks apparent detail.

Soundstage: Be soundstage lacks width. Depth is above average. Plus is better on width, depth is similar if not better.

Key to note is that I always found the Periodic Audio IEMs to be harder to fit snugly for me than the Plus.

May lead to how the soundstage is less favoured than the Plus.

Nov 5, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #98 of 877
Apparently Cee Tee is working on a lightning cable for these as mentioned in some recent comments on the drop page. If they do launch the next drop with a lightning cable that has a mic and hifi audio performance built in, I'm in like flynn.

Nov 7, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #99 of 877
Apparently Cee Tee is working on a lightning cable for these as mentioned in some recent comments on the drop page. If they do launch the next drop with a lightning cable that has a mic and hifi audio performance built in, I'm in like flynn.
I can bet it will be re released and the lead time will be much faster

Jan 30, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #102 of 877
Fedex for me too... though just says label created so far. Im guessing it hasnt actually shipped yet.

Jan 30, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #103 of 877
Fedex for me too... though just says label created so far. Im guessing it hasnt actually shipped yet.

That simply means that FedEx is waiting to receive the product in hand. So no, it hasn't moved yet. I'm in the same boat.

Jan 30, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #104 of 877
That simply means that FedEx is waiting to receive the product in hand. So no, it hasn't moved yet. I'm in the same boat.

Im aware, I was just phrasing it that way because sometimes theres a bit of lag when they first create the label even after its started shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back