Massdrop PLUS Universal IEM
Feb 27, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #181 of 877
No Results
We wish to inform you that a number of packages may experience delayed or missing tracking information. Continue to check this tracking page for the latest update. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this may cause.

Feb 27, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #182 of 877
If you are not in a hurry to get a new IEM, you might want to wait a bit. There might be something interesting down the pipeline that could be what you'll want.

I would be interested in such an earphone. Please keep us in the loop.

Feb 27, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #184 of 877
I would be interested in such an earphone. Please keep us in the loop.

I'll share a bit more info when the time comes, but don't hold your breath if your life depends on it (so to speak) as nothing is 100% confirmed yet.

Is there anywhere to get a cheap (under $100, preferably around $50) IEM cable for the MD Plus?

Any cable that has 0.78mm pins and made for Westone UM3X / W4R or JH13/16 should be ok for Plus.

Feb 27, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #186 of 877
...on a side note, I won't mind seeing MD selling the Plus' optional 2.5mm balanced cable with the FiiO 2.5mm balanced to 3.5mm single-ended adapter together as a standalone product - they look like they are made for each other.

Feb 28, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #187 of 877
Been on a lookout for a higher end neutral reference level IEM for a good awhile now. As I also do like a little thicker bass, the top contenders for my selection were ER4XR and Andromeda (based on all the rave reviews its getting). What finally sold me on MD Plus however is the fit folks are describing. From everything I am reading I think I would potentially have fit issues with Andromeda.. I know for instance that my KZ ZS6 do not provide enough insertion, and I've heard some folks mention they had the similar issue with Andromeda. So MD Plus it is. I just placed my order in.

Feb 28, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #189 of 877
I'll share a bit more info when the time comes, but don't hold your breath if your life depends on it (so to speak) as nothing is 100% confirmed yet.

Any idea what this one might sound like? Which is to say, I'm not holding my breath but might this be worth waiting for if I was looking for something more like the ER4S?

Feb 28, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #190 of 877
Any idea what this one might sound like? Which is to say, I'm not holding my breath but might this be worth waiting for if I was looking for something more like the ER4S?

Probably not for you if you are looking for an exact ER4S upgrade.

Mar 1, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #192 of 877
lol can you give us atleast a taste of this product. this is way too vague

Not my intention to be vague, but it is not within my power to reveal any specific detail without the permission of the maker, especially since it is an upcoming product that is still in development. If I did, no one will trust me with such information again.

p/s: just read back the post I am addressing to and you should at least have some idea the kind of sound I am referring to.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #195 of 877
Been playing around with these for a week. These need a good low Z source. It picks up too much noise on anything else I’ve plugged into and changes sound signature too much.

Has anyone tried these with the spinfit tips yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back