1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Massdrop PLUS Universal IEM

First

Back
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Next

Last
  1. Zyris
    How’d you like them with the spinfits? I’ve been gathering everyone’s thoughts on it and getting mixed , which is no surprise.

2. torifile
    cardeli22 likes this.
  3. lmfboy01
  4. cardeli22
  5. torifile
    Got my Massdrop IEMs today. They sound great. Good articulation on acoustic music and deep bass on hip hop. I’m using my Mojo right now. I’m going to try it direct from my iPhone (via headphone adapter for now) to see if they even need any amplification to sound good. Anyone with an iPhone and these IEMs and can give impressions?

6. harpo1
    Got mine yesterday. Great sound using the mojo. Deep insertion fit didn't work for me (killed my ears after 10 minutes of use) so I'm using the large double flange tips and now they are very comfortable.

7. dudiadudia1
    to be honest the large double flanged tips in the box fit me better..YMMV

8. theintroprose
    [​IMG]

Mine arrived today. I slapped on some SpinFit tips on them. And I can instantly tell I am going to love these IEMs. I've only had a chance to hear ~10 songs with them, but the first thing that popped up at me was noticeable improvement on the sound stage and a very natural monitor quality sound signature. Cable and fit is perfect, no pneumatic pressure even with sub bass heavy songs (Philter - As The Night Calls Her). Build quality feels solid. Accessory package includes a nice hard pelican case. I only listened to them on my Schiit Stack with Magni 2 Uber set to low gain.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  9. torifile
  10. snip3r77
    So far does it live up to it's hype? I don't really have a neutral iem but I want something neutral plus some bass slam. Will it disappoint me?

11. Soaa-
    They do live up to the hype. If you want neutral plus some bass slam, the MD+ is the IEM for you.

cardeli22 likes this.
  12. halcyon

Thanks.

I have had Noble cables and I chew through them in less than 2 months. It's not very economical for daily use, for me anyway. YMMV.

Has anybody found compatible 2pin replacement cables w/ mic (Android) that are more in the ballpark like this:

Newest KZ ZS3/ZS5/ZS6 Dedicated Cable 0.75mm 2-Pin Upgraded Cable Replace Cable Upgrade Cable Ues For KZ ZS3/ZS5/ZS6 With MIC $4.93 USD
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...0.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.262.7Dz9Vx

I'm not sure that model fits, that's why I'm asking.

I don't even know what is the exact cable connector name the Massdrop Plus Universal has?. Just saying 2pin doesn't really narrow it down enough as there are flushed, non-flushed, one's with a notch, others without, etc.

Anybody know any other mic cable alternatives?

I can't for the life of me find them on AliExpress, although there are plenty of MMCX versions and un-terminated ones. Of course I could solder the connectors myself (if I found them), but for the price that MMCX versions are going, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

13. torifile
    Have a look at the discussion thread over at massdrop. They might have some answers.

halcyon likes this.
  14. KtkC
    I read earlier that these were a regular drop. I assume they're out of initial stock already, as the page is only open for requesting now?

I'll have to wait :) been looking for what is literally the MD+'s tagline is: "Reference Sound, Plus Elevated Bass" for a bit now, currently enjoying the inexpensive RE-00s that replaced my ancient RE-0s, but I often find myself flicking the bass boost switch on the Oppo HA-2SE.

I've never quite splurged on IEMs, after all...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  15. Raketen
    It's merely a solid IEM at a fair price, will be for some people and not for others- it doesn't lay golden eggs of auditory bliss or anything :expressionless:.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
First

Back
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Next

Last