Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 28, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #17,072 of 48,578
Only time I saw people type E19 was when they meant to say E18, and also by others who got excited by the people typing it by mistake. Gotta love it when a company announces a product, especially funny with a new flagship, and immediately (before said product is even released and available) people ask when the next big thing is coming out.

Sep 29, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #17,074 of 48,578
Not being impressed by the MA900's soundstage, would make you certifiably insane. Yeah, better re-evaluate, since the MA900 has the largest soundstage, this side of AD700.

Sep 29, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #17,075 of 48,578
  Mad Lusty, if you or any other friend can help me...

What headset/headphone should i use?

I play on xbox/ps3/pc and im looking for the perfect setup.

I thought about buying an dt990pro with a zalman mic and later buy the amp from the tritton720 or the one frmo the astros.

If i buy the tritton720 first, can i buy later the dt990pro and connect the mic and the headphone to the tritton amp?(i didnt find the connectors)

1.And the tritton720 with the amp will sound better than the dt990pro alone?

2.Should i buy the dt990pro first? or the tritton then the dt990pro?

3.Can i connect the dt990pro to the consoles without the amp from tritton/astro?

I cant get both at the same time, but i can buy one now and then another later.

But i can try find and buy the tritton control box(the axpro one will work with all the 3-pc-xbox-ps3?) + cables + dt990pro + zalman mic but i have no idea how to link the dt990pro+zalman mic on the tritton control box, which cable should i use?

Thanks!!!

any help here guys? =/

Sep 29, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #17,076 of 48,578
  What headset/headphone should i use?
I play on xbox/ps3/pc and im looking for the perfect setup.
I thought about buying an dt990pro with a zalman mic and later buy the amp from the tritton720 or the one frmo the astros.
If i buy the tritton720 first, can i buy later the dt990pro and connect the mic and the headphone to the tritton amp?(i didnt find the connectors)
1.And the tritton720 with the amp will sound better than the dt990pro alone?
2.Should i buy the dt990pro first? or the tritton then the dt990pro?
3.Can i connect the dt990pro to the consoles without the amp from tritton/astro?
I cant get both at the same time, but i can buy one now and then another later.
But i can try find and buy the tritton control box(the axpro one will work with all the 3-pc-xbox-ps3?) + cables + dt990pro + zalman mic but i have no idea how to link the dt990pro+zalman mic on the tritton control box, which cable should i use?

If your PC's motherboard comes with DDL (Dolby Digital Live)
then Get an Astro Mix-amp, plug the Astro into whatever your currently gaming with (PC or console), I believe the Astro can drive the DT990 Pro 250-Ohm headphones decently.

Sep 29, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #17,077 of 48,578
  If your PC's motherboard comes with DDL (Dolby Digital Live)
then Get an Astro Mix-amp, plug the Astro into whatever your currently gaming with (PC or console), I believe the Astro can drive the DT990 Pro 250-Ohm headphones decently.

mine just come with: 
"

Intel® High Definition Audio subsystem in the following configuration:
10-channel (7.1+ 2 independent multi-streaming) audio subsystem using the Realtek ALC892* audio codec
Five analog audio ports and one optical S/PDIF out port
Internal S/PDIF header and front panel audio header
"
If i dont buy the astro mix-amp, the sound will still be better than the tritton 720?
And when i buy it will be 7.1 as the tritton is? i dont understand too much about that... but im reading...
Thanks for your answer!

Sep 29, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #17,078 of 48,578
  Intel® High Definition Audio subsystem in the following configuration:
10-channel (7.1+ 2 independent multi-streaming) audio subsystem using the Realtek ALC892* audio codec
Five analog audio ports and one optical S/PDIF out port
Internal S/PDIF header and front panel audio header
"
If i don't buy the Astro mix-amp, the sound will still be better than the Tritton 720?
And when i buy it will be 7.1 as the Tritton is? I don't understand too much about that... but I'm reading...
Thanks for your answer!

Would help to know the make and model of the motherboard?
(for around $60, you can add a Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card, comes with DDL)

Sep 29, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #17,079 of 48,578
  Would help to know the make and model of the motherboard?
(for around $60, you can add a Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card, comes with DDL)

Its a Intel DH67BL. A poor one i guess...

The idea, is not to use any aditional cards on pc because i want to use it on xbox360 and ps3 also(ill buy a mic if i buy a headphone).

But here where i live the mixamp from astro is rare(it will cost me almost the double to someone at USA), the tritton ones i can found easily and cheaper(even at ebay). 

I was reading all night, and i found plenty setups dt770pro + astro mixamp + zalman mic, if i buy the tritton ones to use on the consoles, where can i find the cable to use the control box from tritton on any headphone(i even dont know what headset output type comes from the tritton control box)? or it is just possible at the astro mixamp?

Thanks friend!

Sep 29, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #17,080 of 48,578
Hello.

I am using AD700 with Xonar D1 ( nothing special i know ). 
Positional audio with those two is tragic. Dolby Headphone makes everything mixed. Cant really tell from which direction i am hearing noise. 

After choosing only 8 chanel in Xonar drivers everything is much better. Still not very good but i can tell now which is right which is left. 

Dont want to be grump but i think that DH is overrated. I am buying Titanium HD to try something different. Maybe in the future i try to get STX for comparison.

Sep 29, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #17,081 of 48,578
Makes every mixed? What dos that even mean? If it doesn't give you comparable sound cues to the video I posted on the first page, something is wrong with your settings.

Sep 29, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #17,082 of 48,578
Sorry. I poorly expressed myself. While testing ( not in game ) DH is very good ( same as 8 chanel ) but while in game simple 8 channels is much better, i can hear gunshots separately ( footsteps still are very hard to hear ) but with DH its like one big shot, really cant separate them ( footsteps like 8 channels setting ).
Settings:
I have 7.1 in windows
48KHz
8 channels, Headphone in Xonar settings ( or DH enabled - tried 7.1 and "simple" DH and various speaker shifts ), 

I am noob :) and maybe i set something wrong. 

Sep 29, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #17,083 of 48,578
Ill end up buying a tritton control box or an astro mixamp + dt 770 pro... I really dont know if the sound will be good as an pure astro a40...

Here we cant test the headphones/headsets, they are impossible to find on normal stores...

Endless doubt. =/

Sep 29, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #17,084 of 48,578
  Ill end up buying a tritton control box and a mixamp + dt 770 pro... I really dont know if the sound will be good as an pure astro a40...

Here we cant test the headphones/headsets, they are impossible to find on normal stores...

Endless doubt. =/

You should be fine with that setup it does better even with the added tons of low end bass.. It will no doubt  surpass the a40 headset for sound whoring If that is what your after

Sep 29, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #17,085 of 48,578
Not being impressed by the MA900's soundstage, would make you certifiably insane. Yeah, better re-evaluate, since the MA900 has the largest soundstage, this side of AD700.

ha ha that's too funny... Maybe its because how he is wearing them on his head??  They should be worn all the way down on the tops of the earlobes and pulled towards the the back of your head..

Another thought the left and right indicators on the headset should be pulled back towards the back of  his head if any of this makes any sense lol....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back