Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 7, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #12,152 of 48,562
Naingolann,
I hooked up my Recon3D's audio out to my receiver's input with good results, if your receiver has RCA then I don't see how you couldn't have success. And also a higher electric bill :wink:

Ahah, I hadn't thought about the electric bill. Well, if it works, then I'll deal with it! :p

It actually has a lot of RCA, although I have no idea if those are "true" line in...guess I'll just have to get a 3.5 to rca cable and try myself.

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #12,153 of 48,562
Whats up peeps. Need some help here.

I am a 100% PC gamer.

Im looking for accuracy and detail whoreing. I have no one around me and noise from open cans wouldnt matter.

I currently have a ROG Phobeus sound card (600ohm) and AD700.

I love my ad700's but the are starting to seem dullish.

Im looking at the AD900's but would like opinions. I could care less about bass.
Dont care about how they fit either.

Im looking for maximum detail whoreing and accuracy.

Would like to keep price under 350$

Thanks!! 

Oh, i also mostly play FPS's and MMO's

Mar 7, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #12,155 of 48,562
Quote:
Whats up peeps. Need some help here.

I am a 100% PC gamer.

Im looking for accuracy and detail whoreing. I have no one around me and noise from open cans wouldnt matter.

I currently have a ROG Phobeus sound card (600ohm) and AD700.

I love my ad700's but the are starting to seem dullish.

Im looking at the AD900's but would like opinions. I could care less about bass.
Dont care about how they fit either.

Im looking for maximum detail whoreing and accuracy.

Would like to keep price under 350$

AD900s won't increase "detail whoring" and accuracy over AD700s.  In fact, they may even decrease it.

The AD700s are pretty much it when it comes that, especially given their price.

You can get more fun and engaging sounding heapdhones (more bass and body to the sound) by spending more, but you can't really increase the detail and accuracy over the AD700 by spending more.

Does that soundcard come with surround DSP's like Dolby Headphone?

Mar 7, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #12,156 of 48,562

^ Sounds like the AKG K701/K702/Q701 line is what you're looking for.

Tried q701, liked ad700 better... however the q701 wasnt burnt in
Quote:

AD900s won't increase "detail whoring" and accuracy over AD700s.  In fact, they may even decrease it.

The AD700s are pretty much it when it comes that, especially given their price.

You can get more fun and engaging sounding heapdhones (more bass and body to the sound) by spending more, but you can't really increase the detail and accuracy over the AD700 by spending more.

Does that soundcard come with surround DSP's like Dolby Headphone?

Ya, it has Dolby home theater v4

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #12,157 of 48,562
Quote:
I totally understand about enjoying the thread, and wanting to give back. I recommend putting your quick-reference in your posting signature, so you can easily refer people to it, like I did with my thread. I want to get ack to adding to mine, though I'm kinda bummed because I'd hoped to write about external DACs from personal experience, but I never was able to successfully troubleshoot the ODAC connection before sending it away.

A thread is probably a better idea.  I was just gonna make a post here, but I suppose it could get buried quickly that way, huh?  Thanks for the tip!

Mar 7, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #12,159 of 48,562
Quote:
A tube amp that favors high impedance headphones would be the best bet for the 990s.

On that note I really enjoy my 12ua7 RCA Clear Top [in my Indeed G3] for my dt 990s

On that note I got teh Mad Dogs in today... they nice. I use em with my Rca CLear top, since they are a little to rich for me. The Tube gives a little more sound stage to the cans [which they need] and a little better control on bass and seperation.

Still I'm happy with the mad Dogs :D

in addition I do a alot of pc gaming but... does an mmo really need direct sound... if it's 1st person than yea but most of em are 3rd right? 

Mar 7, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #12,160 of 48,562
More for immersion and not an actual need for positional cues, I'm sure.

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #12,161 of 48,562

Oh, you were looking at Zigis' amp too? He just sent me the new wooden panels for my amp, I should do a formal review. Last I heard, he had everything he needed to build and sell a few amps. Mine has been absolutely wonderful, after I got it set up right.

A thread is probably a better idea.  I was just gonna make a post here, but I suppose it could get buried quickly that way, huh?  Thanks for the tip!

I've made some lengthy mini-guide posts in this thread, I rescued some of them and put them into my thread or in the product reviews section, but I know there's some that I've forgotten. If you make a good thread with an attractive title, and put the link in your signature, anybody who sees your post could stumble over to your guide. Good luck!

Mar 8, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #12,162 of 48,562
Quote:
Ya, it has Dolby home theater v4

I'm not sure Dolby Home Theater is the same DSP as Dolby Headphone.

Maybe Nameless would know...

Mar 8, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #12,163 of 48,562
Quote:

I'm not sure Dolby Home Theater is the same DSP as Dolby Headphone.

Maybe Nameless would know...

indeed, also Chico is ur avatar of you personally ;O, in addiotn how are the SportaPros [are they like the porta pros :D

Lastly... Nujabes and Mad Dogs is magical... Nujabes had a dark mystic Bright nature to his music... these cans capture the darkness and the bright very nicely, heavy subdued basslines and warm trumpets, a quick high hat melody... Good stuff, MAD GET THE MAD DOGS already! 

Mar 8, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #12,164 of 48,562
Quote:
indeed, also Chico is ur avatar of you personally ;O, in addiotn how are the SportaPros [are they like the porta pros :D

Lastly... Nujabes and Mad Dogs is magical... Nujabes had a dark mystic Bright nature to his music... these cans capture the darkness and the bright very nicely, heavy subdued basslines and warm trumpets, a quick high hat melody... Good stuff, MAD GET THE MAD DOGS already! 

Not quite
tongue.gif
.  It's actually this guy

The sporta pros are like the porta pros but with a different frame.  They're all KSC 35 drivers.  Sporta pros are the cheapest way to get the drivers though.

I've been wearing mine on the parts express headband, and I likey.

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #12,165 of 48,562
The Mad Dogs are kind of moot for me now though, seeing as my LCD2 will be here any day now.

And speaking of the KSC35, I have to send that in to get fixed. :rolleyes:

Been using the 75s for weeks now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back