Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jan 2, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #10,336 of 48,562
Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CAINRK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 I ended up getting this, for anyone that is interested in modding the headband to make it more comfortable. According to my reading around of these, this seems to be the best one. I just hope the size is okay. Maybe I can cut it, and it will still be fine.

I couldn't find the 2012 AKG Q701 under the make and model year :/

Jan 3, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #10,337 of 48,562
Quote:
Fuzzy... Might want to look at something more breathable.

Oh well, too late. Already purchased. Lol. http://www.ehow.com/list_6128508_sheepskin-effects.html <<< It pays to do your research. I was mainly asking because I was concerned about the size.

Jan 3, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #10,339 of 48,562
Just got my DX mic in today. For the price, hard to beat, unfortunately mines has something loose inside that's rattling around when I move. Picks up well, though its a bit quiet. I may try the modmic next when they release a mute version.

Jan 3, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #10,340 of 48,562
Just got my DX mic in today. For the price, hard to beat, unfortunately mines has something loose inside that's rattling around when I move. Picks up well, though its a bit quiet. I may try the modmic next when they release a mute version.

Yeah, the pickup isn't very sensitive, especially compared to the Turtle Beach mics. The TB's are so sensitive that I constantly hear fans and other people in the room who are talking, even sometimes the earpiece audio. The TB's overdo it, but my mic has to compete with that. I tried putting my E5 amp in-line to try to control the gain, but it didn't work at all that way.

It's still better than the Xbox mic.

Jan 3, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #10,342 of 48,562
It picks up the sound well, just quieter than the turtle beaches. Edit: the DX may be louder than the brand I got, but when I first got it people commented that they heard me louder and clearer.

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #10,343 of 48,562
So Head-Direct sells the Yuin clips alone for $10 (17 after shipping). I just need to know how many pairs come in the package, because one pair for $17 is a bit steep. I could just get another KSC75 for less than that and nab the clips.

I prefer the Yuin clips though. They feel quite a bit better than the KSC35 clips. I wanna use them for my KSC35.

Been using the 75 clips on my 35s, and I'm quite digging the sound. Its not as warm as the stock hard clips, but still fuller than the KSC75 stock. Ironically, I'm digging the KSC75 with the 35's clips. It adds that warmth the 75s were missing, but loses the supreme comfort.

The smooth plastic Yuin clips feels better and easy to wear than the 35 clips. I just dont wanna order the clips and they only have one pair. Im gonna bend them again to put the drivers closer, but I fear that if I snap the ONE pair, I will be out $17.

Jan 3, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #10,344 of 48,562
Hey Mad Lust Envy,

Are you going to do a separate review of the A40's 2013 ed.?

2013 a40 is decent for competitive gaming. The fun factor wasn't there for me. And for black Ops 2, I found myself having to really listen for directional cues with the a40. Whereas, with my mmx 300 cues were alot more evident.

Mmx300's are incredibly fun. Crazy highs, and explosions have a very tight punch to them. The headset is actually capable of creating sound pressure, probably due the nice seal it makes. The a40 is a bit more comfortable, but they feel so cheap in comparison to the Beyerdynamic.

For the price, the a40 bundle is a good deal. I wouldn't buy the headset standalone, however.

Jan 3, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #10,345 of 48,562
I've been known to be normally pretty soft spoken when behind a microphone. If find if I really project my voice the microphone has no problem picking me up. I couldn't attach it to my headphone cable as suggested because the movement of my head causes the microphone to audibly rattle. 

Mind you, my Mixamp is the old Pro version which has known to be way overkill on background noise filtering to the point of skewing audio slightly. I have to switch to my soundcard's microphone input when I record things on the PC. 

Anyone know if the Modmic has a user replaceable cable?

Jan 3, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #10,346 of 48,562
Quote:
Lol it's okay. That's what I'm here for. Don't worry. I think the E09K is a great amp, and it will suit your needs just fine. I'm actually sad I don't have it anymore. I was very impressed with it. My OLD E9 had a noisy volume knob (when adjusting volume), as well as a faulty 3.5mm input (not that anyone should use it anyways, as it had an atrociously high 43ohm output impedance). The E9K I had was just perfect. Very black background, and pure, energetic sound.
http://www.amazon.com/Little-Dot-standard-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00A2QM5O6/ref=sr_1_47?ie=UTF8&qid=1356615983&sr=8-47&keywords=headphone+tube+amp
Wonder how the Little Dot I+ sounds. Power specs seem pretty similar to the E9K, but a tube hybrid. $88 too. $109 on their main website.

I have just received the E9 that I canacelled. Seeing what you wrote MLE and it appears that E9 only has the 3.5mm input, do you think that it is worth returning the E9 for the E9K??

Thanks in advance

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #10,347 of 48,562
I think you're misunderstanding me. I meant 3.5mm HEADPHONE input, which you should avoid using. It also has a 6.3mm (1/4" input.), which is much better and is 10ohm output impedance.

The 3.5mm input on the back is perfectly fine.

And yes, I believe the E9K is better than the E9. Full size RCA inputs on the back are more sturdy and last longer than 3.5mm jacks. The front looks better too, with just one headphone jack, and the aux in/line in switch. The E9 I owned had a noisy volume knob, while the E9K was perfectly silent. Sound-wise, they should be identical.

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #10,348 of 48,562
Quote:
I think you're misunderstanding me. I meant 3.5mm HEADPHONE input, which you should avoid using. It also has a 6.3mm (1/4" input.), which is much better and is 10ohm output impedance.
The 3.5mm input on the back is perfectly fine.
And yes, I believe the E9K is better than the E9. Full size RCA inputs on the back are more sturdy and last longer than 3.5mm jacks. The front looks better too, with just one headphone jack, and the dock in/line in switch.

lol definately misunderstanding you. I might as well keep it then

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #10,349 of 48,562
Yeah, the E9K should sound identical to the E9. The biggest improvements is functionality of the front and the change of 3.5mm inputs to RCA (which are the same thing, just different cable needed). Also, the E9 is rated just a smidge more powerful than the E9K for some reason. They use the same internal amp, etc. Realistically, they are the same in power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back