Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Nov 12, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #48,136 of 48,562
Hi! Im looking at the H6PRO open since I already have the closed Nova Wired Pros. Now is it worth getting the bundle with the GSX 300 for $20. I dont have a PC just a Mac, XsX and a PS5. Can I use the EPOS software on my Mac similar to the SteelSeries Engine–Im thinking not. Its either the H6PRO or the Penrose (B Stock) if I can grab it on sale this week, maybe both if Im feeling slutty. :beyersmile:

Nov 14, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #48,138 of 48,562
If it's not on the sale page, we have no info to provide on sales outside of these items. The current sales includes all items we may put up at this time.

Nov 15, 2022 at 6:26 AM Post #48,139 of 48,562
Hey guys, i have a question about the Creative G6.

I know that the G6 can output its VSS over optical to another DAC. However I´m not planing on using creatives VSS, i plan to use HeSuvi with it. So i wanted to know if the device is still recognized as 7.1 device in windows if i put it into direct mode, or if its only recognized as stereo device? If its only recognized as stereo, HeSuvi wouldnt work with it.

Also: Does the optical output even work if its in direct mode?

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #48,140 of 48,562
Hey guys, i have a question about the Creative G6.

I know that the G6 can output its VSS over optical to another DAC. However I´m not planing on using creatives VSS, i plan to use HeSuvi with it. So i wanted to know if the device is still recognized as 7.1 device in windows if i put it into direct mode, or if its only recognized as stereo device? If its only recognized as stereo, HeSuvi wouldnt work with it.

Also: Does the optical output even work if its in direct mode?
Seems like you could just remove the G6 and connect the motherboard's optical directly to the DAC.

Nov 15, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #48,141 of 48,562
Seems like you could just remove the G6 and connect the motherboard's optical directly to the DAC.
Sadly its not that simple. For Hesuvi to work, you need to be able to configure the device in the windows audio settings as 7.1 device. To get it to work with the optical out of the pc requires virtual audio devices which have to be routed there, which will add quite a bit of latency or/and requires additional software running on the pc.

Using a creative card as 7.1-optical converter for hesuvi is the cheapest method i found until now, which wont add latency. As far as i know the G6 will also run in standalone operation, without having to run software in the background.

Im just curious if it works the same way in direct mode, or if the dsp is needed.

Nov 15, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #48,142 of 48,562
While I wait for the Penrose to go on sale any recommendation on what to drive EPOS H6Pro? I know it doesn't take much to drive them but I would like something cost effective for XsX and PS5. I was just going to use my Gamedac 2 but if anyone owns the H6Pro please let me know your experience.

Nov 15, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #48,143 of 48,562
While I wait for the Penrose to go on sale any recommendation on what to drive EPOS H6Pro? I know it doesn't take much to drive them but I would like something cost effective for XsX and PS5. I was just going to use my Gamedac 2 but if anyone owns the H6Pro please let me know your experience.

Did you purchase the H6 Pro already? If not, I would skip the open version and go with PC38X. The H6Pro Open is only semi-open, and it ends up sounded really congested. I tried to like them but couldn't get used to them. They were really comfy, though.

The GameDac 2 would be plenty for them.

Nov 15, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #48,144 of 48,562
Did you purchase the H6 Pro already? If not, I would skip the open version and go with PC38X. The H6Pro Open is only semi-open, and it ends up sounded really congested. I tried to like them but couldn't get used to them. They were really comfy, though.

The GameDac 2 would be plenty for them.
Yes I purchased the open H6Pro. My Nova Pro Wired are closed so I wanted an open back. Several reviews I watched regarding the H6 open praised its natural expansive sound signature I guess I’ll find out soon. Also I’m hoping to pick up the Penrose if it goes on sale, another closed back.

Nov 15, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #48,145 of 48,562
hello I ask for help.
I have ps5 and creative g6. I want the G6 to be used only as an amplifier, without additional virtual processing. virtual sound I want to leave from ps5 - sony 3D audio. the question is, what settings should I select on the ps5 for this? And what are the settings on the g6 itself? so that the ps5 itself creates 3D sound, and not creative g6.

Nov 15, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #48,146 of 48,562
So you just want the 2-channel headphone surround sound, to just pass thru the G6.
So set the G6 to 2-channel stereo audio.

Nov 20, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #48,147 of 48,562
Sooooooo anyone have experience with the Astro mixamp, and specifically on a Xbox series x? It’s supposed to be supported. I wonder if it’s powerful enough to drive a pair of fostex t50rp? I have a g6, but it’s not officially supported so the mic doesn’t work.

Nov 21, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #48,149 of 48,562
has anyone experienced buzzing/ hissing/ white noise coming from headphones plugged directly into the dualsense controller? I had no issues with over ears like 560s, DT900, Cloud Alpha etc, but now started using ism's a bit more. Currently I have the QKZ x HBB and as soon as a sound is produced, I get said noises alongside the sound. When there is silence, it doesn't happen. Best way to try is to simply navigate the ps5 home screen. It happens on any volume, controller mic on/off, usb or bluetooth connection. If it was one controller, I would put it down to it being faulty, but I have 2 and both have the issue. I assume it might have to do with the low impedance ism's have, but I am not sure. I was planning to get the raptgo hook x (not primarily to be used with the controller as that would be pointless and a waste), but not sure if they would also cause issues. Maybe someone has the hook x and ps5 and would be kind enough to try it? I will post in the relevant item thread too just in case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back