Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 11, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #47,911 of 48,562
God damn Battlefield has the best sound when it comes to fps games. Some of the bf games easily has the best sound in gaming as a whole.. Started BF4 again last week after playing a lot of bf1 lately. Got the best sound when i turned off dolby atmos and just had stereo on. Using a g6 with my t50rp mayflower mod. The sound is sooooo good. Every other fps game sound like they are using airsoft guns.
Definitely agree the BF series does very well with audio. In my opinion I have yet to hear anything top Destiny/D2 for sound design, though.

Apr 11, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #47,912 of 48,562
Definitely agree the BF series does very well with audio. In my opinion I have yet to hear anything top Destiny/D2 for sound design, though.
Ohhh yeah its good. Really immersive sound, like the space walk in deep stone crypt. But i dont think it topps bf4 och bf1. The guns sound a little to metallic. Like the ace of spades, sounds a little too "clanky".

Apr 11, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #47,913 of 48,562
God damn Battlefield has the best sound when it comes to fps games. Some of the bf games easily has the best sound in gaming as a whole.. Started BF4 again last week after playing a lot of bf1 lately. Got the best sound when i turned off dolby atmos and just had stereo on. Using a g6 with my t50rp mayflower mod. The sound is sooooo good. Every other fps game sound like they are using airsoft guns.

Would be nice if Warzone took a page out of their book, I only get footstep audio about 50% of the time in game...it's so frustrating.

Apr 13, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #47,917 of 48,562
The way I do what you're trying to (combine PC and console audio) is to run optical out from the console to an optical-in on your PC and then output from your PC to whatever device you want, your existing amp included. Depending on the console (Xbox Series X specifically) you may need an HDMI audio extractor to get optical-out. I'm not sure about dedicated optical-to-USB adapters (if you don't want to buy a sound card just for optical-in), I'd have to think something like that must exist.

Depending on your console platform you can also run their application on the PC for native party chat (e.g. Xbox app) to talk with your buddies on console. The other nice thing about such a setup is that if your output device supports game/chat mixing those chat applications will be identified by Windows as communication applications.

Apr 13, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #47,918 of 48,562
I'm so old, I've been computer gaming (not talking about video arcade gaming) since 1979.
It was on a main frame, using those dummy consoles, I believe it was Star Trek.

Apr 22, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #47,920 of 48,562
My DT990 pro paired up with a Soundblaster x g6 just broke down and I think I'm ready to go for a more expensive cans since it blew me away just how good it is when gaming. Can anyone recommend some headphones that are better compared to a DT990 Pro in terms of soundstage and sound quality?

Apr 22, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #47,923 of 48,562
My DT990 pro paired up with a Soundblaster x g6 just broke down and I think I'm ready to go for a more expensive cans since it blew me away just how good it is when gaming. Can anyone recommend some headphones that are better compared to a DT990 Pro in terms of soundstage and sound quality?
If you plan to continue to use the G6 then stick to cans that are easier to drive. If you thought the DT-990 Pro were good on the G6, they get better on better amplification. For an upgrade, you can consider it's bigger brother the DT-1990 Pro, and iirc thomannmusic.com has the best current pricing on those. Audio Technica ATH-R70X, Monoprice Monolith M1070 or M1570. (I don't recommend Hifiman due to quality assurance crapshoot), Mackie MC-250/350/450, Kennerton Magni / Ghallahorn.

I would also recommend getting an amp, or even a stack. The quality out of my stack utterly destroys G6 analog out, which sounds grainy and rolled off in bass response in comparison to the stack.

Apr 28, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #47,924 of 48,562
So it seems that Waves will release at some point an app called MaxxPlay, that could be the updated version of Waves NX, i suppose?
It has more features/functions, and to me better UI for NX:

Link for the video: and some screenshots
1651160405407.png
1651160463654.png

1651160955369.png

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #47,925 of 48,562
I'm all up for a NX update, and I hope current licensees can get a discount.

EDIT: After looking it seems the new software will only be available bundled with hardware. D:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back