Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 26, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #47,357 of 48,562
I've been thinking about purchasing a Sound BlasterX G6 (or something similar) for use with my PS5 (among others), but as a total audio noob I was hoping someone could give me a simple answer as to how it would work. Would this replace whatever the PS5 is capable of (3D audio, etc...) and if so is it even important? Or does it act as an addition?

And would you all recommend the Sound BlasterX G6 or are there better alternatives? (My only requirement is that it has to work on PS5 and PC.)

Cheers
I have it for my series X and pc. Just love it. I also have an atmos license that does 3d sound when i want to, and it works great. Plug in the g6, then sit as close to the tv as you can, start battlefield 1 and remove the HUD. Go for the map called passchendale and i swear by the gaming gods that you will crap your pants.

Oct 27, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #47,359 of 48,562
Ordered mine earlier, should arrive tomorrow.

Loved the BF1 atmosphere and that was prior to having a decent audio setup, so I'm looking forward to testing it with the G6 and my Fidelio X2.
Also looking forward to BF2042 together with the G6, although it might not rival BF1's atmosphere.
Nice! Yeah bf1 has an incredible atmosphere. Prefer it to bf5 when it comes to maps, the presentation and the cinematic feeling. 2042 looks good, i hope it delivers. The sound in the beta was not as good as expected, but i hope they will fix it. And the map just looked to clean. Just hope they still have the ”ping” sound when you get a headshot. Just love it.

Oct 27, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #47,360 of 48,562
Haven't really researched gaming headphones in a few year. Been happy with my K7xx for shooters like Halo and COD for a few years now and they have been great, no complaints. Is the anything (preferably $200 or so and below) that would be considered an upgrade at this point (strictly for competitive gaming)? I have amps to drive more demanding headphones, so thats not a problem

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #47,362 of 48,562
Nah, haven't had the time to really play anything, let alone test these things out. Not gonna have time this weekend either.

Oct 28, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #47,363 of 48,562
Hello, guys! Is there any wireless headset better than the Sennheiser HD 598 for gaming?

I tested the Cloud S but liked the HD598 better because of the soundstage (I felt like I was in the middle of the battle), despite the Cloud S have a really good/precise sound/bass.

Oct 29, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #47,364 of 48,562
Hello, guys! Is there any wireless headset better than the Sennheiser HD 598 for gaming?

I tested the Cloud S but liked the HD598 better because of the soundstage (I felt like I was in the middle of the battle), despite the Cloud S have a really good/precise sound/bass.

I don't know about better, but the Astro A50 Gen 4 has been very good to me as wireless option.

There are EQ preset creators for it, too. Some for the Astro base station via optical and some for USB only using Atmos EQ.

Biggest pro for me is comfort and being able to use Dolby Headphone Surround Sound via optical with other devices like an Apple TV or Sheild TV. The wireless latency is basically close to non existent, too.

Rtings.com is high on it, too. Featured on many of their best lists. FWIW. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #47,365 of 48,562
Hey guys

I am currently using Audio technica ath adg1s with an astro mixamp on an xbox series x and am now wondering if it is time for a change.

Really, I would like to get another openback headset (if they still exist) and perhaps a small amp if needed. I was looking at the very expensive audeze openback headset, but if my partner discovered the price after I purchased them I would never hear the last of it.

Any suggestions?

Oct 29, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #47,366 of 48,562
Hey guys

I am currently using Audio technica ath adg1s with an astro mixamp on an xbox series x and am now wondering if it is time for a change.

Really, I would like to get another openback headset (if they still exist) and perhaps a small amp if needed. I was looking at the very expensive audeze openback headset, but if my partner discovered the price after I purchased them I would never hear the last of it.

Any suggestions?
The GX? Yeah you'll have to switch the receipts if you wanna get away with that LOL. HD6xx from Drop and Sennheiser seems to be the go to budget pick, if you want a headset then look at their old GAME series. Going used might be an option for the GX as well, just did a quick search for them on Classifieds and they're going for around $550 USD, could also try B-stock direct from Audeze. Amps are a bit tricky for Xbox since they don’t play nice with most gear, they have to be made with Xbox compatibility in mind.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #47,367 of 48,562
I'm super excited for Forza Horizon 5. I expect a fantastic soundtrack, and just chilled out vibes.

Oct 29, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #47,369 of 48,562
Excuuuuuse me, 2080 Tee EYE.

Get it right, pleb!

And yes, I would love me a 3080ti/3090. :'(

BTW, what are you doing Sunday, I'll be 6hrs homeless again. :frowning2:

Let's go to CHEEEEEEEESECAKE

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #47,370 of 48,562
Hey everyone just got a question on your opinion before I buy. I currently have the hifiman Deva headset and was looking at getting an amp/dac. It will be used mostly for gaming on the pc, but if it works with the ps5 that’s a plus. Which I play mmo, open world style games hardly any FPS games. Just so you know if it helps with the decision I also bought waves, atmos for headphones virtual software in the past. So my question would you get something like the quadelix-5k, Fiio btr5k or creative GC7. I am also open to any other suggestions.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back