Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 19, 2020 at 6:26 AM Post #45,271 of 48,562
I haven't heard the 58X.

Really it all depends on the type of flavor you want. Yeah the 560 might be better for gaming due to more clinical and airier sound, but if that isn't your preferred sound signature, it's not going to beat something you WOULD LIKE.

I have no problem gaming with the 6XX. Yes, if you want to focus on just competitive GAMING, there are better options, but it's not like you can't game with things you like.

Virtual surround makes any good headphone worth it for gaming, so don't stress out of its not an OMG 10/10 KILLER.

I play mostly with the 6XX and LCD1 (which atm has a lapel mic attached to the wire), neither which I rated anywhere near the top for GAMING performance. I enjoy the sound off both and can play things like Warzone just fine with them.
What would you list at the top?

Please don't say hd800 lol

Oct 19, 2020 at 7:28 AM Post #45,274 of 48,562
I haven't heard the 58X.

Really it all depends on the type of flavor you want. Yeah the 560 might be better for gaming due to more clinical and airier sound, but if that isn't your preferred sound signature, it's not going to beat something you WOULD LIKE.

I have no problem gaming with the 6XX. Yes, if you want to focus on just competitive GAMING, there are better options, but it's not like you can't game with things you like.

Virtual surround makes any good headphone worth it for gaming, so don't stress out of its not an OMG 10/10 KILLER.

I play mostly with the 6XX and LCD1 (which atm has a lapel mic attached to the wire), neither which I rated anywhere near the top for GAMING performance. I enjoy the sound off both and can play things like Warzone just fine with them.

Good insights, makes me think I should just keep on my K7XX, plus I've made it into a pretty convenient headset.

Attachments

• IMG_20201019_122653.jpg
    IMG_20201019_122653.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Oct 19, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #45,275 of 48,562
What would I rate near the top? It was depends on what you want. Again, clinical, or more immersive. You can't have everything. Get something that you like. In terms of a good balance between detail and immersive, I'd probably get something like an Ananda.

I certainly wouldn't get an HD800 for anything other than clinical detail retrieval, not immersive or literally anything else that I'd actually use headphones for.

This is why I say that people should stop thinking there is a best. There isn't. You're going to sacrifice somewhere.

Good insights, makes me think I should just keep on my K7XX, plus I've made it into a pretty convenient headset.
I certainly wouldn't have trouble using that as a headset.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #45,276 of 48,562
I haven't heard the 58X.

What’s the best way to get virtual surround then? I’ve heard some are better than others and i’ve also heard it can better or worse from person to person. Im on pc if that matters.

Oct 19, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #45,277 of 48,562
16031286107127032998493046819782.jpg

Got the modded with MMCX connectors, Portapros in today. Definitely better sounding than the KSC75. No wonder they've always cost more than the 75s. I mean it's been awhile since I could compare them properly.

Also got the Audeze Penrose in today...

1603128763590952191053635618639.jpg

What’s the best way to get virtual surround then? I’ve heard some are better than others and i’ve also heard it can better or worse from person to person. Im on pc if that matters.
there's a few ways. Personally, I mainly use a cheap Xonar U3 usb dac that has Dolby Headphone (I use room 2 setting). Then have it where it sends audio through the spdif/optical out, and use a legit dac like a Modi 3 and an amp like a Magni 3.

Oe you can go super easy and get something like a Creative G6 dac/amp. That has SBX which a lot of people prefer over Dolby Headphone (I personally prefer Dolby Headphone though).

Both are great though, so just whatever you want.

Still waiting on Sennheiser to make a dac/amp with GSX that isn't the GSX1000.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #45,280 of 48,562
That's awesome. Who did the modding for the MMCX connectors?
@Zerousen has an ebay listing. I found him by chance. Didn't even know he was a headfi member, but he recognized who I was. :D

I def recommend getting Portapros for the mod, though if you want clips you'll have to takethem from KSC75s or KSC35s (the 35's clips are not as comfy, and it's like double the price.)

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #45,282 of 48,562
FYI: Oluv did a review of the HD-560S, and compared against the HD-58X Jubilee from Drop. Based on the listening playback, it seems Sennheiser likes the Beyerdynamic House Sound. :beyersmile: Tho seriously, the unveiled treble should be popular with gamers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back