Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Feb 6, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #41,942 of 48,562
Hola chicos, quería hacerle una pregunta, que me recomiendan, el blaster de sonido g6 o el blaster de sonido x7, sería conectarlo a la ps4 y la xbox, gracias.
Si tienes dinero para el X7, ese es el mejor producto para todo lo que usted puede necessitar. El G6 se necessita una computafora para cambiar cosas internal, so no lo recommendo si no vas usar una computadora. Y el G6 no tiener un amplificador fuerte como el X7.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #41,943 of 48,562
Si tienes dinero para el X7, ese es el mejor producto para todo lo que usted puede necessitar. El G6 se necessita una computafora para cambiar cosas internal, so no lo recommendo si no vas usar una computadora. Y el G6 no tiener un amplificador fuerte como el X7.
ok, then I'll go for the x7, thank you very much and congratulations for this magnificent thread.

Feb 7, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #41,945 of 48,562
Yeah that's possible. There are many astro mixamp models...if he has the 2013 edition that would explain why he can pick up the directional cues correctly. The TR, on the other hand, has a very bad virtual surround function...

There are some bad things about MixAmp Pro TR, but ability to pinpoint sound directions is not one of them. Who knows if there are some bad units or if there is a huge variation in our personal ability how we can hear vss.

This is me playing CoD BO III right after I got MixAmp Pro TR:

I can locate enemies with it just as good as with G6 and even better than with older MixAmp altough the older MixAmp sounds more natural and organic.

Feb 7, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #41,946 of 48,562
Having recently used DH on my Mixamp 5.8, it brought back so many memories and justified why I still think it's one of the best virtual surround implementations out there. It just works. And the warmer tonal character is pleasing as well.

Feb 7, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #41,948 of 48,562
Having recently used DH on my Mixamp 5.8, it brought back so many memories and justified why I still think it's one of the best virtual surround implementations out there. It just works. And the warmer tonal character is pleasing as well.

Yes. It is a nice and unique product that I'm not going to sell for sure.

VGf61Cxl.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #41,949 of 48,562
Since my damn gpu is at RMA (error code 43, space invaders) I am back on the PS4 and really appreciate the G6. Playing through Uncharted Lost Legacy right now. Uncharted sound design is so outstanding. I wish Ubisoft games had this recording quality since prior to this I played a ton of AC:Odyssey. I don't get the devs. Graphics-wise mindblowing in rendering and detail and then the sound is crushed down heavily with compression.

Feb 7, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #41,950 of 48,562

So among all the different virtual surround devices you've tested which is the one you liked the most (for console gaming) in terms of surround sound?

Feb 7, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #41,951 of 48,562
So among all the different virtual surround devices you've tested which is the one you liked the most (for console gaming) in terms of surround sound?

If I may

Sony receiver with beyerdynamics dt960's 600- 720's 80 (though the receiver does have surround sound i think i remember learning that its not supported out of the headphone jack)

Fiio e17 with hd598( the fiio doesn't support surround sound, correct?)

Astro's with mixamp

Triton's with mixamp

Turtle beach with earforce

hd 215's plugged directly into the tv

I still think the beyer's and hd598's sounded best though i guess what i was experiencing wasn't even virtual sorround sound.

It also seems to depend on the game audio itself. For whatever reason some games just sound better than others.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #41,952 of 48,562
So yesterday I got the astro mixamp tr pro and for my surprise I didn't need to connect the 3.5mm cable from the controller to the mixamp for chat :/
I just plugged the audio and mic Jack of the sennheiser pc360 to an y adapter and then plugged in the headphone port on the mixamp and the Xbox recognised the mic. My older mixamp I needed the 3.5mm to a 3.5mm cable for chat.
Are you guys shure that the chat functionality on the creative G6 doesn't work on Xbox?

Feb 8, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #41,953 of 48,562
So for the last 4 years and a bit i'm using a Fidelio x2 with a vmoda boompro and that shows on my headphones.
The headband became loose over time and the earpads are becoming loose on the inside.

As I am really happy with the headphones i wanted to just buy another pair but the few pairs i can find cost more then when I bought them back in 2014.

So are there any good alternatives? Or at least some earpads that are recommended? would love to keep using my vmoda boompro and my Sennheiser gsx 1200 but if there isnti anything good with a 3,5mm connection I would settle with a modmic 5.

Greetings Fleshless

Feb 8, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #41,954 of 48,562
So for the last 4 years and a bit i'm using a Fidelio x2 with a vmoda boompro and that shows on my headphones.
The headband became loose over time and the earpads are becoming loose on the inside.

As I am really happy with the headphones i wanted to just buy another pair but the few pairs i can find cost more then when I bought them back in 2014.

So are there any good alternatives? Or at least some earpads that are recommended? would love to keep using my vmoda boompro and my Sennheiser gsx 1200 but if there isnti anything good with a 3,5mm connection I would settle with a modmic 5.

Greetings Fleshless
Look in the For Sale / Trade section of the forum, you might find a cheap pair there. About alternatives, it all depends on budget and sound signature preference. I had the same setup you currently have (X2 + boompro + GSX) and I was happy with it, but then I started looking for something "better". This is all 100% subjective, so take my advice with a grain of salt. I'm pleased with the Modhouse Argon MK3 and they have great low end. Their problem is that they are super power hungry and the GSX is not going to bring their full potential (I tried, and they just don't sound good there). I'm also excited about the Verum One (Kickstarter) and Vokyl Erupt (Indiegogo) and they seem easier to drive. Unfortunately you can't just buy these in Amazon and get 2 day delivery... Plus you are trusting reviewers that might have different sound signature tastes.

Feb 8, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #41,955 of 48,562

Greetings Fleshless
You can find X2 on AliExpress for like $230

Users who are viewing this thread

Back