Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jan 16, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #41,851 of 48,578
Yeah, I’m happy with the shp9500 and I only wan’t to upgrade and invest $200 on a realy improvement. And $700 on those focal is a bit too much for me.
So, sennheiser gsp 500/600 are not worth the upgrade.? I think the price came down a bit.

Jan 18, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #41,855 of 48,578
Guys, do any of you use wireless headphones for PC? I'm dying to get some good wireless headphones for my PC...
Been thinking about a BT headphone for some time as well.

Audeze Mobius?

That one came to mind but although it works with a lot of devices I heard it only gives surround with a few.
Do you know which devices I can get surround with and with which it doesn't work at all?
I'm interested in IOS, Android, MacOS, Windows, Xbox and PS4.
Maybe even from an aTV, Smart TV with Firefox OS or from a receiver?

Jan 19, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #41,856 of 48,578
On a bit of a merry go round again with headphones - so wondered if someone could help me pick a new pair.

While some of the following are great for music, I've yet to find my 'almost' perfect gaming set. I have a Wireless Mod Mic and Creative G6 and game on a PS4 Pro.

So far have tried, HD58x (not quite spacious enough for gaming for me), K702 and K712 (both just too cold sounding for me) and Phillips SHP9500 (pretty close but not enough clamp or deep enough ear pads plus its been pinched by my son now!!). Currently have the Audio Technica ATH ADG1X and sound-wise its pretty much exactly what I want. What I don't really like is the wing head band and I absolutely hate the fixed cable they have used.

Question is, is there a headphone out there that closely matches the ATH ADG1X sound signature, with a more traditional headband and removable cable?? I've been thinking maybe the Beyer DT1990 Pro? Thanks in advance.

Jan 19, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #41,857 of 48,578
Been thinking about a BT headphone for some time as well.

That one came to mind but although it works with a lot of devices I heard it only gives surround with a few.
Do you know which devices I can get surround with and with which it doesn't work at all?
I'm interested in IOS, Android, MacOS, Windows, Xbox and PS4.
Maybe even from an aTV, Smart TV with Firefox OS or from a receiver?
IT only does real surround on PC, on everything else it's processed stereo.

What might work for you is to buy a regular set of wireless headphones with s/pdif input at the base unit and connect that to digital output of X7/G6

Jan 19, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #41,858 of 48,578
Thanks for the info.
But wireless for me is to use it with portable devices as well, without extra clutter. So that suggestion won't work.
So it'll have to be stereo then. But if I'm looking a pair of stereo BT headphones maybe there are better options than the Mobius.
Anything good from Sennheiser?

Jan 19, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #41,859 of 48,578
Thanks for the info.
But wireless for me is to use it with portable devices as well, without extra clutter. So that suggestion won't work.
So it'll have to be stereo then. But if I'm looking a pair of stereo BT headphones maybe there are better options than the Mobius.
Anything good from Sennheiser?
RS195 is pretty nice.

Jan 19, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #41,861 of 48,578
On a bit of a merry go round again with headphones - so wondered if someone could help me pick a new pair.

While some of the following are great for music, I've yet to find my 'almost' perfect gaming set. I have a Wireless Mod Mic and Creative G6 and game on a PS4 Pro.

So far have tried, HD58x (not quite spacious enough for gaming for me), K702 and K712 (both just too cold sounding for me) and Phillips SHP9500 (pretty close but not enough clamp or deep enough ear pads plus its been pinched by my son now!!). Currently have the Audio Technica ATH ADG1X and sound-wise its pretty much exactly what I want. What I don't really like is the wing head band and I absolutely hate the fixed cable they have used.

Question is, is there a headphone out there that closely matches the ATH ADG1X sound signature, with a more traditional headband and removable cable?? I've been thinking maybe the Beyer DT1990 Pro? Thanks in advance.
Give the sivga sv007 a try

Jan 20, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #41,863 of 48,578
Hello fellow head-fi gamers. I have been gaming with AD700/X-Fi Titanium HD for the past 8 years. I am having a hard time deciding on my new wireless headphone. I have an RS-185 on the way coupled with the Antlion wireless mic. However I cannot decide whether I should go for Amiron Wireless; it is closed back. From the comments I read around the web, it seems like Amiron Wireless should have a better sound quality than RS-185. Though I am not sure whether that difference makes up for the fact that it is a closed back. It seems like Amiron Wireless performs similar to DT1770 but less analytic and tiring. DT1770 is not really a go-to gaming headphone from what I gather but should be more fun/immersive than the RS-185, I believe.

So here I am trying to decide.

Oh, and there is the GW100 but I have no clue how it compares to RS-185. I think I watched and read every review out there on GW100, RS-185 and Amiron Wireless. Nobody really compares stuff though.

I care mostly about imaging and sound stage. Some fun would be nice too after all these years with AD700. I would appreciate some advice.

Thanks

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #41,865 of 48,578
Anyone tried Avantree Audition low latency aptX headphones with PC?
I have it. Worked for the Grado GW100 wireless (Apt X low latency), but not for my Koss PortaPro wireless which it defaults to it's FastStream codec which is fast, but sounds bad. Noticeably so. The Mobius can't take advantage of it, and defaults to SBC with the transmitter.

The Mobius is amazing in many regards, but I absolutely would never game with it in wireless mode. It's a LOT of delay.

If you're accustomed to headphones without the BEST comfort, the Grado GW100 works really well for wireless gaming and takes advantage of the Apt X LL codec. I wanted to keep it, but after a few days, it really started to bother my ears. But I'm very sensitive in comfort.

I had gotten the big bagel pads for it, but it ruins their sound quality enough for me to just disregard the whole thing. The stock pads are fine for an hour or so, but they start to bother after.

In any case, for wireless, I do use the PortaPro wireless with the avantree transmitter with the fast stream codec. It doesn't sound great, but my main concern is not waking up people at night, and at least being able to hear in comfort.

Or rather, I DID, but now I just use my Mixamp 5.8 and attach a KSC75X to it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back