Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 1, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #38,416 of 48,568
I'm looking to sell my AKG K7XX... it's got a ModMic 4 attached to it (which is now missing it's little foam pop filter, thanks to my toddler) with the modmic and headphones cable running through a cabling sleeve.  Any suggestions on price?  I mostly want it to go to a good home. :)

The HE-400is I just got are so good and I love them... they've really made Horizon Zero Dawn come alive.

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #38,419 of 48,568
  Has anyone tested Sennheiser's gaming headsets? Are they any good?

I have the PC37X (Massdrop version of PC373D) and it is an amazing headset for the price.

Mar 3, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #38,420 of 48,568
Has anyone tested Sennheiser's gaming headsets? Are they any good?

I also have the PC37X, the special Massdrop edition of the PC373D (without the D digital dongle part), and I tried their current gaming lineup inside Sennheiser's Pop-Up NYC store. They're all quite good, though I would suggest upgrading from the USB dongles to something nicer like the GSX1000 or processors from Creative, Asus, and Turtle Beach will be a more satisfying experience.

I'd like to try the Beyerdynamic MMX300. I wonder if it would have a more premium build quality than the DT770, which was already a good value. The Beyer Custom One Pro (COP) and Creative H7 sounded near indistinguishable from each other when A/B'd, so despite the tunable bass in the COP, I would recommend the less expensive H7 first, maybe the H5 if the drivers are tuned the same as the H7 but without the USB dongle built-in to the cable (I haven't heard the Creative H5).

Mar 3, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #38,421 of 48,568
Feel free to add my one and only K7XX review on the contributor's page if needed. :p

I'll think about it, because it was well-written. Thing is, having several reviews gives readers a better sense for your tastes and ears. So they know if you like the K7XX and HE-400i but dislike the AD700 for specific reasons, then readers can read more into your comments.

Mar 3, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #38,422 of 48,568
I'll think about it, because it was well-written. Thing is, having several reviews gives readers a better sense for your tastes and ears. So they know if you like the K7XX and HE-400i but dislike the AD700 for specific reasons, then readers can read more into your comments.

Once I have some free time after the semester I'll put something together of what I own. My thing is, I try to avoid reviewing those (since I've had them all for a long while) to avoid major bias (which I felt there was much of in my K7XX review). If I had the 400i side by side when I wrote that, I would have explained its faults with more detail. I may just do the Fidelio L2 since it's still fresh to my ears.

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #38,424 of 48,568
Just snatched a 9500 from the classifieds for cheap. Excited to have one back in my possession. The L2 is stellar, but its pleather pads aren't ideal for long gaming sessions. Should be fun comparing the two, also. Both are definitely great choices for low cost gaming with the Boompro, the L2 more so if one isn't bothered by pleather pads.

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #38,425 of 48,568
Just snatched a 9500 from the classifieds for cheap. Excited to have one back in my possession. The L2 is stellar, but its pleather pads aren't ideal for long gaming sessions. Should be fun comparing the two, also. Both are definitely great choices for low cost gaming with the Boompro, the L2 more so if one isn't bothered by pleather pads.

Nice :thumbsup:
That was a steal!

Mar 4, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #38,426 of 48,568
Nice :thumbsup:
That was a steal!

Definitely. The L2 was a steal, also. That thing sounds pretty refined for its price. Just a bit lacking in soundstage, but super impressive everywhere else. Probably going to keep both for the long haul.

Mar 5, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #38,428 of 48,568
For Gaming
here is how I rank my headphones

1. HD800 (excellent, you will have a huge advantage)
2. TH900 ( excellent as well)
3. THx00 ( Average)
4. X2 (too muddy for competitive shooter.)

I wander how T1 would fair.

When did you get the HD800?
I would agree with the order of ranking, but you'I've set the bar very high for "average" :wink:
I'm not sure I know what I'd consider average anymore... ideally, something hugely popular and common, but I agree that something like a mid-range Turtle Beach or Astro is basically at the "entry-level" and beat out or tied by some cheaper music headphones.

Mar 5, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #38,429 of 48,568
Does anyone know if the custom one game will work with the nintendo switch?

It has a regular headphones jack so it should.

Didn't You own like three of those before?

Mar 5, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #38,430 of 48,568
For Gaming
here is how I rank my headphones

1. HD800 (excellent, you will have a huge advantage)
2. TH900 ( excellent as well)
3. THx00 ( Average)
4. X2 (too muddy for competitive shooter.)

I wander how T1 would fair.

When did you get the HD800?
I would agree with the order of ranking, but you'I've set the bar very high for "average" :wink:
I'm not sure I know what I'd consider average anymore... ideally, something hugely popular and common, but I agree that something like a mid-range Turtle Beach or Astro is basically at the "entry-level" and beat out or tied by some cheaper music headphones.

I got it a few weeks ago. It's not my cup of tea, I prefer the th900.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back