Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jun 14, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #35,626 of 48,580
Ordered the new Turtle Beach TAC from Amazon since it is released now. Figured I can return it if I don't like it compared to my current Astro Mixamp 2011.

Will leave feedback here when I receive it in a couple days.

Jun 14, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #35,627 of 48,580
The Amazon.com reviews are really embarassing and downright amazing at the same time. Nobody in his right mind is taking even one of those reviews serious. What a bad joke. 

Jun 14, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #35,630 of 48,580
The Infinite Warfare campaign looks awesome as fuuuu. Something I could never say about Blops III campaign which was a crapfest.

Found it ironic how everyone was loving the campaign reveal until CoD logo showed up. All the bandwagon haters exposed themselves yesterday. Instead of judging a game based on gameplay, they immediately started the hate as soon as they saw that it was CoD. had it been called Space Opera 2985958, Halo 7, Titanfall, they'd have praised it.

I hate people. I really do.

Jun 14, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #35,631 of 48,580
@Vader2k
It's confirmed! You can most definitely run seperate game/audio chat with mic + other features like mic monitoring, capability to play your own music through your headset, feed any audio you want to your peers, etc.. all for around $100.
What you'll need is a behringer 802 mixer (not usb version($60 new)), Sabrent USB sound card ($6), xlr input microphone (around $20), Hosa 1/4 TRS to dual TS 1/4 Y cable (from AVR to mixer($5-7)), Hosa 3.5mm to 1/4 stereo (mic input on Sabrent to mixer ($5-7),3.5mm to 1/4 Y cable (Sabrent HP out to mixer (around $5)),
I would buy a couple extra 3.5mm to 1/4 in Y cables so you can plug things like your phone, mp3 player, or CPU into the mixer too. Also, get a few 3.5mm to 1/4 adapters so you can transform your cables if you need to.
From the HP jack on the AVR I run that to 5/6 so I can get eq's on my game audio. The single 1/4 to 3.5 you run from FX Send to the mic input on the mixer essentially acts as a audio input for the PS4 so whoever you're chatting with will be able to hear anything that you twist the FX knob up on; maybe like a playlisy for a raid.. except it will be mp3 quality instead of coming through your mic. The 3.5 to 1/4 y feeds into stereo aux and the aux return knob will make chat louder or softer... and of course you'll use a kick ass pair of cans from the HP out on the mixer (which you'll obviously need a 3.5 to 1/4 adapter for) to get all of your audio. I'm typing this on my phone and left a lot of detail out. It's actually quite simple and we'll worth the money. Hope I was able to enlighten you on getting the best possible audio experience from your receiver! PM me if you have any questions or want me to make up a shopping cart on Amazon for everything you need.

Cool that you got it to work, though I agree with others that it sounds complicated to setup.  Still, it's an interesting alternative.

Jun 14, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #35,632 of 48,580
The Infinite Warfare campaign looks awesome as fuuuu. Something I could never say about Blops III campaign which was a crapfest.

Found it ironic how everyone was loving the campaign reveal until CoD logo showed up. All the bandwagon haters exposed themselves yesterday. Instead of judging a game based on gameplay, they immediately started the hate as soon as they saw that it was CoD. had it been called Space Opera 2985958, Halo 7, Titanfall, they'd have praised it.

I think the real problem here is the MP aspect and probably the reason why a lot of people hate COD with a passion. Though I have to agree, the SP looks pretty cool and interesting.

But I wouldnt be surprised if the SP is only 8 hours long.....lol

Jun 14, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #35,633 of 48,580
To paraphrase Huey Lewis: It's hip to hate COD.

Jun 14, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #35,634 of 48,580
Not a bad price, assuming it's in good working order.  I have the SR6005 and really like it.  I still use the mixamp when needing chat, but the bulk of my time is spent using the Marantz for single player gaming and movies/TV.  Enjoy!

Cool, yeah, share your results for sure!

I do very little PC gaming, though, and when I do any online multiplayer it's only on console, so the mixamp serves it's purpose in that situation.  I owned it long before the Marantz and it's hard to get rid of it. :p  

It's really not that complex. you just need specific cables so it sounds worse than it is. I do it so I can get seperate game & chat audio with equalizers, so I can play music through my Q701's, and so I can use my microphone input as a general audio input for streaming, playing music for friends, etc.

You don't lose any quality because I'm not daisy chaining anything, really. Just feeding the AVR and usb sound card into a mixer. I don't even need a headphone amp anymore. Can I post a pic on here? I'm not familiar with the rules.

Jun 14, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #35,639 of 48,580
It's really not that complex. you just need specific cables so it sounds worse than it is. I do it so I can get seperate game & chat audio with equalizers, so I can play music through my Q701's, and so I can use my microphone input as a general audio input for streaming, playing music for friends, etc.

You don't lose any quality because I'm not daisy chaining anything, really. Just feeding the AVR and usb sound card into a mixer. I don't even need a headphone amp anymore. Can I post a pic on here? I'm not familiar with the rules.

That's actually rather intriguing. You're certainly allowed to post pictures.

I'm considering going back to an AVR, but poor DSP out of the headphone output has been keeping me from doing so. That was why I replaced my Pioneer VSX-1121 with the Sound Blaster X7.

Jun 14, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #35,640 of 48,580

I knew it was CoD the moment the grappling hook and neck breaking came about.

I will admit I thought, at first, it was a VR Mass Effect demo or something. Were those area hubs the captain was choosing from in the beginning? If we are free to explore as we like, they may just have something going for themselves.

Will there be online space dogfights, though? How they innovate in the MP aspect of the game is how this game will be judged, unfortunately. Unless they mostly focus on the campaign and give us hours of exploration and gameplay. Doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back