Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 4, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #34,817 of 48,562
  Darin Fong's Out-Of-Your-Head gaming preset achieves very similar results and it's a software solution. However, unlike Razer Surround, it's really great. Here, try it out:
https://fongaudio.com/

Hm... that's interesting, never heard about Out Of Your Head software.  Is it better than SBX surround and Doldby Headphone? anyone tried it out? $150 for just the software?

Downloaded the Darin Fong software to try out the trial, but ccan't get it to work.

Apr 5, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #34,819 of 48,562
  Hm... that's interesting, never heard about Out Of Your Head software.  Is it better than SBX surround and Doldby Headphone? anyone tried it out? $150 for just the software?

Downloaded the Darin Fong software to try out the trial, but ccan't get it to work.

OOYH is something else entirely. I recommend listening to their example videos.

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #34,820 of 48,562
Guys any recommendations for gaming(action/RPG) and movies/anime
I am using turtle beach elite 800 at the moment , I have never really tried something of like of these two

it came down to these two or If you guys have something better

AKG K712 Pro which cost $

or
Fostex Massdrop TH-X00 Purpleheart Headphones  $450

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #34,821 of 48,562
My personal preference is the K712 but you're going to need an amp to get the best out of them. From what I've read, as I have no experience with the TH-X00, they do sound better with an amp but they have a relatively low impedance so you can run them easier.

If you want a more neutral signature then go K712, If you want more bass then go TH-X00.

It also depends on your listening environment, if you you're going to be listening in a space where theres a lot of external noise, then maybe K712, which is open, might not be the best idea. The TH-X00 will give you a lot better isolation.  

Quote:

Apr 5, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #34,823 of 48,562
To be frankly honest it might your immersion a little bit, but it shouldn't affect it to bad. I used to use my K712 with a fan on and it didn't ruin it for me. 

The Omni seems like it should do the trick with either headphone. 

I can't speak for comfort about the TH-X00, but it seems to be either hit or miss them. Some people love them, other hate them. The K712 I have no issues wearing for hours upon hours on end. The only headphones I've used that are comfier are the K812s. 

Apr 5, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #34,825 of 48,562
So I finally got the Darin Fong Out Of Your Head software to work.

My jaw dropped on the floor, wow, it's so AMAZING....I don't get how come not a lot of ppl are using this for Gaming.
It is WAY BETTER than Creative X7 dac / amp with SBX surround, better than any Dolby Headphone, DTS headphone-X, Creative G5 SBX, etc....

I have the Creative X7 and I thought it's the best Surround for Gaming until I tried out this software. It just blow the hell out of the SBX surround from the X7.

Right now I am using the software with my Chord Mojo DAC / Amp, and let me tell you, it is HEAVEN for Gaming, not only that but you get to pick what Surround sound speakers Measurements / Setup.

This software is way worth the money than the Creative X7.

Apr 5, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #34,826 of 48,562
  So I finally got the Darin Fong Out Of Your Head software to work.

My jaw dropped on the floor, wow, it's so AMAZING....I don't get how come not a lot of ppl are using this for Gaming.
It is WAY BETTER than Creative X7 dac / amp with SBX surround, better than any Dolby Headphone, DTS headphone-X, Creative G5 SBX, etc....

I have the Creative X7 and I thought it's the best Surround for Gaming until I tried out this software. It just blow the hell out of the SBX surround from the X7.

Right now I am using the software with my Chord Mojo DAC / Amp, and let me tell you, it is HEAVEN for Gaming, not only that but you get to pick what Surround sound speakers Measurements / Setup.

This software is way worth the money than the Creative X7.

My thoughts exactly. OOYH is just another league when compared to SBX and DH. Unfortunately it's a PC only solution and I don't really play on my PC anymore. The only games I managed to get this to run were L4D2 and Insurgency since they aren't that resource heavy.

Apr 5, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #34,827 of 48,562

My thoughts exactly. OOYH is just another league when compared to SBX and DH. Unfortunately it's a PC only solution and I don't really play on my PC anymore. The only games I managed to get this to run were L4D2 and Insurgency since they aren't that resource heavy.

Yea true, that it only works with PC.  I would rather spent $150 for this software than spending $400 for the Creative X7.
This software needs to be mention in the first page of this thread.  

Apr 5, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #34,828 of 48,562
I haven't tested it yet. I'll think about it in the future when I have the time.

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #34,830 of 48,562
Yethal can you send me a link to it in private message? I'm sure I'll forget otherwise.

It costs $150? But there is a demo of some sort?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back