Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 25, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #32,626 of 48,579
Speaking of creative and their new line of gaming headsets...

I get the marketing angle they are going for "hip" and "slightly sexual" ... But these "girls" smh... Ugh

haha, know what u mean. personally, I'm tired of the general consensus thinking all gamers are mindless perverts and will flock over to companies that show women.. same trend in games too over sexualizing women.(steel string armor.. sigh)

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #32,627 of 48,579
haha, know what u mean. personally, I'm tired of the general consensus thinking all gamers are mindless perverts and will flock over to companies that show women.. same trend in games too over sexualizing women.(steel string armor.. sigh)

I mean at least if they are going to go that route find some attractive girls?!? These chicks look very rough imo.

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #32,628 of 48,579
@Evshrug
 Hey, bud. What are your thoughts on whether or not the Creative G5 will be able to output voice chat for daisy chaining?

I'm basing a lot of my expectations for the G5 off of the design of the E5. The E5 has a line out... But I don't think it's configurable to just send voice out while game and chat go to headphones. However, with my PS4, I can have the USB port set to receive chat and send voice, from that I extrapolate that a USB hub could theoretically skip consoles and exclusively be dedicated for chat. That said, I don't know of such a device, it would be a product separate from the G5.

So basically, same answer as before. The Astro's built-in LAN chat chaining is pretty purpose-built (read: niche and rarely used) and unique... You probably could get the same/similar results with a mixing board but I wouldn't know which to recommend as I've never had to research it.

Speaking of research, what has your research into this issue found?

Oct 25, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #32,629 of 48,579
I know this isn't exactly headfphone related, but I got a Mixamp, Magni 2, and AKG K702s and now I need a 3.5mm microphone. I'd prefer a condenser, but can't seem to find one that I am certain will work plugged into the Mixamp. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I've posted an update (http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-5-31-2015-beyer-cop-and-shure-1540-added/32865#post_12073235) to my working setup for anyone looking for a similar setup. Just browse a few pages ahead or search through my posts to find the detailed setup guide.

Oct 25, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #32,630 of 48,579
Not headphone related, but would using an amp or DAC create audio lag when hooked up to a Wii U or 3DS? Not sure if I should go for a headphone that doesn't need an amp/DAC or go for a better headphone that will sound better with an amp/DAC.

Audio lag is important here. Would amps and DACs create  it?

Oct 25, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #32,632 of 48,579
  Not headphone related, but would using an amp or DAC create audio lag when hooked up to a Wii U or 3DS? Not sure if I should go for a headphone that doesn't need an amp/DAC or go for a better headphone that will sound better with an amp/DAC.

Unless you look for it using oscilloscopes, you won't notice the lag. Would be very very small.

Personally i have the audio going through my sound card through into doc/amp n don't notice any lag when i use my bros headphone. Although if one tries really hard to notice any lag, you either will barely notice it or will get a placebo effect thinking you notice it because it'll be so small

After all, lags always present in any task, just the magnitude is what matters.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong :D

Oct 26, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #32,634 of 48,579

There is some but it's measured in nanoseconds so no worries here.

I know this isn't exactly headfphone related, but I got a Mixamp, Magni 2, and AKG K702s and now I need a 3.5mm microphone. I'd prefer a condenser, but can't seem to find one that I am certain will work plugged into the Mixamp. Any suggestions?

See the first post of this thread.

Oct 26, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #32,635 of 48,579
There is some but it's measured in nanoseconds so no worries here.
See the first post of this thread.

Those all seem to be boom mics. Looking for a desktop condenser 3.5mm mic that will work with the Mixamp. If it exists...

EDIT: I've posted an update (http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-5-31-2015-beyer-cop-and-shure-1540-added/32865#post_12073235) to my working setup for anyone looking for a similar setup. Just browse a few pages ahead or search through my posts to find the detailed setup guide.

Oct 26, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #32,636 of 48,579
Those all seem to be boom mics. Looking for a desktop condenser 3.5mm mic that will work with the Mixamp. If it exists...

Desktop mics tend to come with either XLR input or with built in ADC and USB input. Desktop condenser is highly unlikely. Unless You count the ModMic which is an electret mic.

Oct 26, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #32,638 of 48,579
Desktop mics tend to come with either XLR input or with built in ADC and USB input. Desktop condenser is highly unlikely. Unless You count the ModMic which is an electret mic.

This is the one I just nabbed. Should get it by Wednesday.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0140ZEDB2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1A1AHRSYJ96SD&coliid=I3S24RVM9EVZ9Z&psc=1

Not sure if it'll work with the mixamp. I'll give it a shot and report back in case anyone else ever has the same pursuit.

Oct 26, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #32,639 of 48,579
Audio lag is important here. Would amps and DACs create it?

Basically, no, but a TV might and thus get the audio out of sync. Your 3DS would only be able to be connected to an Amp, and you wouldn't have any latency issues.

I bought a 3-pack of Neweer brand lapel Mics off of amazon, worked great. They have a clip for your shirt/lapel, but obviously you could clip them to a stand/glued-together-tongue-depressors if you want. It was like $3, but sounded good, especially when I used a system that let me control the gain (input volume).

Oct 26, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #32,640 of 48,579
for the XLR desktop Mics you need these : 

(1) A Microphone like this : 

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT2020-Cardioid-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B0006H92QK/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1445883290&sr=1-1&keywords=at2020

(2) A phantom power supply like this :

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-PS400-BEHRINGER-MICROPOWER/dp/B000FG795I/ref=sr_1_5?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1445883335&sr=1-5&keywords=phantom+power+supply

(3) Two cables :

XLR male to female :

http://www.amazon.com/Sendt-Female-Microphone-cable-24AWG/dp/B00EPMXWNQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1445883410&sr=1-3-spons&keywords=XLR+cable&psc=1

XLR female to 3.5mm TRS:

http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-XVM-115F-Microphone-Cable-Right-Angle/dp/B000068NZF/ref=sr_1_8?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1445883510&sr=1-8&keywords=hosa+XLR+female+to+TRS

(4) and of course, a nice ADC like the one in Creative X7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back