Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 25, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #32,611 of 48,564
I actually wrote CAL's instead of Koss's, but deleted it to go with something more different from the Astro's

Oct 25, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #32,614 of 48,564
  You'd be paying almost as much for the Astro as you are for the K7xx wouldn't you?

And it'd only be a temporary unit while you wait?

If I had to make the choice I'd look at something like the Koss's or a cheap closed can, so at the end of the day you'd have 2 totally different headphones that do what they do well - and each would still have a place moving fowrard.

Hey, man! I'm only getting the mixamp, not the headset combo.

Oct 25, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #32,619 of 48,564
If I was you I'd stick with the A50's that you have for the time being rather than spend any cash for the short term.

If you already have them and they work - mixing and matching on the cheap is more going to be a side-grade, not an upgrade.

Oct 25, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #32,620 of 48,564
If I was you I'd stick with the A50's that you have for the time being rather than spend any cash for the short term.

If you already have them and they work - mixing and matching on the cheap is more going to be a side-grade, not an upgrade.

Kk, sounds good. Thanks for the help. I shall hold out till the next mass drop n make do with my current setup till then. Cheers.

I regret falling for the gaming headset nonsense twice haha. G930 long ago n then Astro a50 last year. Haha, these days, there's more misinformation than the truth for any kind of topic. For example, healthy eating. :frowning2:

Oct 25, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #32,621 of 48,564
1 last question - what are you going to be driving the headphones from?

Whatever it is - someone will be able to say if it's up for the AKG's or not (never bothered asking as it was the Q701's? you were getting intially

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #32,624 of 48,564
1 last question - what are you going to be driving the headphones from?

Whatever it is - someone will be able to say if it's up for the AKG's or not (never bothered asking as it was the Q701's? you were getting intially

I currently have the schiit magni 2 uber/modi 2 uber stacks getting audio through toslinq pass through from pc into the stack.

Those should be enough to drive most headphones while providing good audio right?

Yup, Q701's were my initial choice among the many choices I decided on getting. Then I looked into the mass drop ones you mentioned and their reviews, definately want those now haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back