Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Aug 7, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #31,696 of 48,562
Mike,
So, have you decided not to get the Sennheiser G4me Zero black, nor any other headphone? The STX has a nice DAC, Amp, and headphone output with Dolby Headphone which makes normal stereo headphones sound like virtual surround, very good. It also has a stereo RCA output and an optical output for either stereo or Dolby 5.1 encoded output. The STX is very nice for movies, gaming, and music, if you use headphones or an AV receiver with 5.1 passive speakers.

When you say 5.1 multimedia Edifier speaker system, do you have these?

It looks like the M1550 only has analog inputs, so you wouldn't use digital at all unless you have the S760D system. An analogue 5.1 active speaker system is off topic from this thread; I can tell you that a 5.1 active speaker set + STX is not a well-thought-out system. If you have more questions about that, you will get better help if you post in a thread about soundcards or speakers.

Aug 7, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #31,697 of 48,562
Yes

Bose are good brand for speaker system

Get Monster cable to hook them up with

Ask in camera forum about video cards too - they know Canon make good 35mm film stock for the cinematic feel

;;;;

Blind test both of the screens too - just remember that your left eye may be a little bit laggy due to the ouzo

Good luck in your search for headphones that you don't use because you use multimedia speakers which people told you are good and bad

Google translate said sell the Parthenon, buy Beats by Dre

Aug 7, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #31,698 of 48,562
So CAL2 coming after auction next week to my place, what that fostex thing is doing for CAL`1 ? Game Zero went away for 64 pounds, got cal2 for 31, so i think i will be happy with this, i want isolated sound and closed back cans, guess will be at least decent, also cable detachable, could use v-moda boom pro cable maybe? with mic in one cable together. Sound card is Asus d2 7.1, plenty for fps

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #31,699 of 48,562
Mike,
So, have you decided not to get the Sennheiser G4me Zero black, nor any other headphone? The STX has a nice DAC, Amp, and headphone output with Dolby Headphone which makes normal stereo headphones sound like virtual surround, very good. It also has a stereo RCA output and an optical output for either stereo or Dolby 5.1 encoded output. The STX is very nice for movies, gaming, and music, if you use headphones or an AV receiver with 5.1 passive speakers.

When you say 5.1 multimedia Edifier speaker system, do you have these?

It looks like the M1550 only has analog inputs, so you wouldn't use digital at all unless you have the S760D system. An analogue 5.1 active speaker system is off topic from this thread; I can tell you that a 5.1 active speaker set + STX is not a well-thought-out system. If you have more questions about that, you will get better help if you post in a thread about soundcards or speakers.

EDIFIER S760D HOME THEATER 5.1 SPEAKERS 3xOPTICAL  540W RMS

5.1 channel home theatre system with Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II, and DTS Digital Surround decoders 3 optical, 1 coaxial input, analog 5.1 channel, and dual stereo inputs Wooden enclosures for all speakers effectively reduce resonance and vibration 10”(260 mm) subwoofer driver with twin bass reflex radiators 2-way satellite speakers with 3o”(92 mm) mid-range drivers and 1”(25 mm) silk dome tweeters Professionally calibrated crossover in each satellite speaker Class D amplifier and DSP (Digital Signal Processing) technology Power booster function to enhance system volume Multi-functional wired controller with LCD display and multi-functional wireless remote control Built-in 600W high efficiency switching power supply with low standby power consumption

Features
Power Output: L/R/C/SL/SR: 60W x 5
SW: 240W Audio
Input Type: 3 Optical, 1 coaxial, analog 5.1, dual stereo inputs
Digital Decoder: Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II, DTS
Input sensitivity: L/R/C/SL/SR: 5.1, Aux, CD: 750mV ± 50mV Optical, coaxial: 350 ± 50FFSSW: 5.1
Aux, CD: 900mV ± 50mV Optical, coaxial: 400 ± 50FFS
Frequency Response:L/R/C/SL/SR: 160Hz - 20KH SW: 35Hz -110Hz
Chanel Separation:R/L: >45dB
Adjustment: Wired remote, IR remote controller
Speaker unit: Sub:10" (260mm) 8Ω
Mid-range unit: 3.5" (92mm) 4Ω
Treble unit: 1" (25mm) 6Ω
Speaker Dimension: Subwoofer: 367mm x 397mm x 489mm (W x H x D)
Satellite: 116mm x 203mm x 160mm (W x H x D)
Center: 316mm x 117mm x 157mm (W x H x D)
Weight: Subwoofer: 19kg | Satellite + Center: 11.5Kg

Aug 7, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #31,700 of 48,562
i have     S760D system. and  tell  me  will my asus stx will work  very well in  my  s760D system;;;

because  some people from my country  told me   that  . You can send 5.1 sound via fiber, but this sound will be digitally processing the ara-conversion in analog will take over the sound system and not by your sound card. Basically ie bypassing the asus optical fiber. It is as if there is. And this means a reduction in sound quality. The only bet is the 5.1 sound, but would be allowed to have him onboard and to your audio system, so there is no point asus stx ...

these thing  some people told me  from my  country  and  they wanted me to sell my asus stx  to them.........

look this i want to know if  my asus stx will work very  well in my    S760D system;;;; without to lose quality in sound 

and i told  you that i have  
EDIFIER S760D HOME THEATER 5.1 SPEAKERS 3xOPTICAL  540W RMS

5.1 channel home theatre system with Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II, and DTS Digital Surround decoders 3 optical, 1 coaxial input, analog 5.1 channel, and dual stereo inputs Wooden enclosures for all speakers effectively reduce resonance and vibration 10”(260 mm) subwoofer driver with twin bass reflex radiators 2-way satellite speakers with 3o”(92 mm) mid-range drivers and 1”(25 mm) silk dome tweeters Professionally calibrated crossover in each satellite speaker Class D amplifier and DSP (Digital Signal Processing) technology Power booster function to enhance system volume Multi-functional wired controller with LCD display and multi-functional wireless remote control Built-in 600W high efficiency switching power supply with low standby power consumption

Features
Power Output: L/R/C/SL/SR: 60W x 5
SW: 240W Audio
Input Type: 3 Optical, 1 coaxial, analog 5.1, dual stereo inputs
Digital Decoder: Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II, DTS
Input sensitivity: L/R/C/SL/SR: 5.1, Aux, CD: 750mV ± 50mV Optical, coaxial: 350 ± 50FFSSW: 5.1
Aux, CD: 900mV ± 50mV Optical, coaxial: 400 ± 50FFS
Frequency Response:L/R/C/SL/SR: 160Hz - 20KH SW: 35Hz -110Hz
Chanel Separation:R/L: >45dB
Adjustment: Wired remote, IR remote controller
Speaker unit: Sub:10" (260mm) 8Ω
Mid-range unit: 3.5" (92mm) 4Ω
Treble unit: 1" (25mm) 6Ω
Speaker Dimension: Subwoofer: 367mm x 397mm x 489mm (W x H x D)
Satellite: 116mm x 203mm x 160mm (W x H x D)
Center: 316mm x 117mm x 157mm (W x H x D)
Weight: Subwoofer: 19kg | Satellite + Center: 11.5Kg

Aug 7, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #31,702 of 48,562
I literally have no idea what is going on in this thread. Seems like everything went bat**** crazy in here.

How do you guys hook up your X7 to other DAC / Amp? And still get proper SBX surround through Optical?

Like let say if i want to do X7 (optical out) -> (some random amp) -> headphone?

X7 > Optical > DAC > amp

Set What U Hear as a default listening device, enable listening and then set output to the S/PDIF output in Windows Sound Panel

Aug 7, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #31,703 of 48,562
How do you guys running a V-moda boom mic or Beyerdynamic COP mic have it connected?
I got the beyerdynamic COP mic and the volume is low,  got 100% on volume and 0% microphone boost.

I don't have a pci-e soundcard since i'm using a USB dac/amp for my headphone/audio output and just purchased the beyer cop mic so the microphone is now connected directly to the motherboard right now
Lastest audio drivers installed. 

any recommendations on pci-e soundcards?  only gonna use it for mic input :p 

Aug 7, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #31,704 of 48,562
  How do you guys running a V-moda boom mic or Beyerdynamic COP mic have it connected?
I got the beyerdynamic COP mic and the volume is low,  got 100% on volume and 0% microphone boost.

I don't have a pci-e soundcard since i'm using a USB dac/amp for my headphone/audio output and just purchased the beyer cop mic so the microphone is now connected directly to the motherboard right now
Lastest audio drivers installed. 

any recommendations on pci-e soundcards?  only gonna use it for mic input :p 

You mean the microphone volume when listening to Your own voice? Try setting the microphone boost a little higher. Keep in mind though that it may introduce some distortion.

If You're only going to use a card for microphone input why don't You go for a USB interface for the microphone as well?

Aug 7, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #31,705 of 48,562
  You mean the microphone volume when listening to Your own voice? Try setting the microphone boost a little higher. Keep in mind though that it may introduce some distortion.

If You're only going to use a card for microphone input why don't You go for a USB interface for the microphone as well?

Yea i'v tried mic boost,  aint gonna happen :p  

Got any examples for a good usb soundcard? 
searched on ebay and found Creative Labs Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1

Aug 7, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #31,706 of 48,562
  Yea i'v tried mic boost,  aint gonna happen :p  

Got any examples for a good usb soundcard? 
searched on ebay and found Creative Labs Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1

You don't need stuff that expensive if it's only going to be used for mic input. if You do however want to spend a lot of money on it go for Focusrite Scarlet.

Aug 7, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #31,707 of 48,562
  I literally have no idea what is going on in this thread. Seems like everything went bat**** crazy in here.

X7 > Optical > DAC > amp

Set What U Hear as a default listening device, enable listening and then set output to the S/PDIF output in Windows Sound Panel

Nice thx man, gonna try that out.  

Also, I just figured out with my X7.  If you plugged your X7 into a USB 3.0 port, it will have pop / crack noise.  As soon as I switched to a USB 2.0 port, all the pop static noise are gone.  So if anyone has the pop / crack issue with your X7,
try a USB 2.0 port, or a different usb.

Aug 7, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #31,708 of 48,562
I hope the new Creative Sound Blaster X G5 Dac / Amp come out soon so I can compare it to the X7.  

Might get Philip X2 also.

Also, did anyone replace their Philip X2 earpads?  If so, where can I order a pair?

Aug 7, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #31,709 of 48,562
Martin,
I said that he only has analog inputs IF he doesn't have the $900 TOP OF THE LINE S760D system. I know you were trying to help, but at this point we're just feeding the fire.

Mikealfonsooss,
This is a headphone thread.
Specifically, a thread about headphones and headphone surround for gaming. In 24 hours, you've invaded this thread with 38 off-topic posts, with barely any indication that you've read what people have replied to you. You have derailed and taken over this thread. Please stop, or we will flag you for spam.

Aug 7, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #31,710 of 48,562
Martin,
I said that he only has analog inputs IF he doesn't have the $900 TOP OF THE LINE S760D system. I know you were trying to help, but at this point we're just feeding the fire.

Mikealfonsooss,
This is a headphone thread.
Specifically, a thread about headphones and headphone surround for gaming. In 24 hours, you've invaded this thread with 38 off-topic posts, with barely any indication that you've read what people have replied to you. You have derailed and taken over this thread. Please stop, or we will flag you for spam.

I already marked him for Spam.  He was spamming like crazy with non-sense infos and keep asking people the same thing over and over with weird punctuation.  I understand he's Greek or whatever but still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back