Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Aug 6, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #31,667 of 48,568
Your soundcard Asus STX is only good for music.  The sound blaster sound cards are better for gaming.

If you want  your money well spent, buy the Sound Blaster X7 and the Philip X2 headphones.  

Don't buy the Sennheiser Game Zero, it lacks the Bass impact for immersive gaming.  

Aug 6, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #31,669 of 48,568
The very first post of this thread has heaps of great reviews of different headphones at different price points.
That should be a very good place to start getting an idea of what way to head,
If you're not playing online then the "Fun" factor of the headphones would more likely be more important to you that the "Competitive" factor.

Open/Closed etc - will be down to your personal circumstances, preferences and environment.
I prefer open by far, but that's just me - heaps of other people far prefer closed.
We can't answer that one for you - you'll need to try on some of each variety and work it out for yourself.

Open cans do let sound in and out - maybe an issue if you're in a noisy environment or likely to be near others who could be annoyed by the sound coming out of your headphones

Closed ones have better isolation - less sound gets in and out to/from the surrounding area. I prefer being able to hear stuff that's going on around me while using my headphones - the closed ones give me a slight claustrophobic feel.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/593050/the-nameless-guide-to-pc-gaming-audio-with-binaural-headphone-surround-sound is a good thread for information on sound cards and getting surround audio out of your stereo headphones.

I think the first thing you need to do is work out for yourself which type of headphone is best for you - open or closed. Get yourself to a shop (if there are any near you) and have a play with a few different types. Work out what you find comfortable and pleasing to your ears. Both types have their own pluses and minuses.

From there you can look at different ones within your price range and narrow down your search.

Keep in mind - one person may love a certain headphone, while another person can hate the same one. 

Aug 7, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #31,674 of 48,568
  Did anyone notice the way this guy mikealfonsooss talk is weird? and how he used ";;;;" for everything? And he just joined Head-Fi today too.  It's either he's playing with us or it's a bot.

Yeah thats what I noticed. Not to be rude, but its annoying and it could be a kid or a bot......but its very very weird...

He's not a bot, he's just a non-native English speaker. Many European people only know basic English, some of them do not speak English at all. I don't get the semicolon thing either, but I'm just going to assume it's some sort of cultural thing. Besides, this guy is Greek so he has more important things to do right now than learning English (like saving his country's economy). Which reminds me of a really cheesy joke.

Greeks got so desperate in search for money, they started responding to Nigerian scam mail.

Aug 7, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #31,675 of 48,568
Had CAL!1, was good in games, but don't remember how they did prevent outer sound to leak into my ears. Was looking for some closed cans with good soundstage and no heavy bass which are actually falling into that closed back cans good soundstage with exception category. Heard good things about both CALs, surprisingly both sell on ebay on auction, and auction might end soon.

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #31,676 of 48,568
I am from Greece I don't speak very good English sorry

so I have one  question   which soundcard to buy;;;

soundblaster zx or soundblaster   z retail΄:;;;

or to buy asus soundcard;; for pc games and music and  movies;;

I will sell my asus stx today

which card  to buy;;;;;

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #31,677 of 48,568
  I am from Greece I don't speak very good English sorry

so I have one  question   which soundcard to buy;;;

soundblaster zx or soundblaster   z retail΄:;;;

or to buy asus soundcard;; for pc games and music and  movies;;

I will sell my asus stx today

which card  to buy;;;;;

Do not sell the STX, it's a great card, why do You want to sell it?

Aug 7, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #31,679 of 48,568
because  asus stx  is only for headsets and for to have  5.1 it can be only optical with 5.1 multimidia edifier which i have

these they told me 
that The particular card audio in stereo, not multichannel. Powers and what I have heard that this card is only for the music which is rather sosto.Se this case the question and fears have absolute basis, essentially because watching movies with stereo sound instead of 5.1. So, in that a product has X Euro not mean it is ideal for all uses. It is an own arbitrary conclusions. H state pseftompalonetai if 5.1 speakers have optical in, whenever connects the optical out pc with sound system with optical fiber and essentially disables the card of 200 Euro, allowing processing of sound in sound system with clearly inferior results qualitatively hand, multichannel audio no. You can send 5.1 sound via fiber, but this sound will be digitally processing the ara-conversion in analog will take over the sound system and not by your sound card. Basically ie bypassing the asus optical fiber. It is as if there is. And this means a reduction in sound quality. The only bet is the 5.1 sound, but would be allowed to have him onboard and to your audio system, so there is no point asus stx ... As to anxiety **** happens, but you made a mistake if market thy purposes are the tapes. The asus xonar stx is for stereo (music) and expensive headphones (music).

Aug 7, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #31,680 of 48,568
  because  asus stx  is only for headsets and for to have  5.1 it can be only optical with 5.1 multimidia edifier which i have

Just buy Asus Xonar STX daughterboard. It is an additional board connected to the regular STX that has surround outs for 5.1/7.1 speakers. Looks like this: 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back