Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 11, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #29,567 of 48,583
Ordered the Schiit Valhalla 2. PLEASE DO NOT GET POSTPONED. 

Mar 11, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #29,568 of 48,583
I am very interested in your opinion about Valhalla 2.
I couldn`t resist so the IFI Micro IDSD arrived yesterday, but I am not very convinced about it.
It is no Evolution to my ZXR. If I hadn`t the ZXR, I would say wow ok, but I don`t see a big difference and at the Moment I would say, that I only have the "new toy have to be better" syndrome. I have to make more tests, direct compares and test it plugged on the ZXR.
The mobile aspect is great and a great boost for our castrated european mobiles.

BO2 was superb, but better? Maybe just a Little bit, but not enough.

I`ll test it for a week and if I am still not so happy, I will give Valhalla 2 a try.

Mar 11, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #29,569 of 48,583
Order the Valhalla 2 NOW, the wait times are horrid. 
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #29,570 of 48,583
I am planning to replace the stock cable for my Philips Fidelio X1. But because of my sound card that I have I only have a 6.3mm slot available. My question is will any old 3.5mm to 6.3mm cable do? or does it have to be a specific cable? If I were to try and find a normal 3.5mm cable and then stick a 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter on it would that be better?

And can someone give me advice on where to find cables in the UK as I can't seem to find V-Moda cables anywhere here.

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #29,571 of 48,583
  I am planning to replace the stock cable for my Philips Fidelio X1. But because of my sound card that I have I only have a 6.3mm slot available. My question is will any old 3.5mm to 6.3mm cable do? or does it have to be a specific cable? If I were to try and find a normal 3.5mm cable and then stick a 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter on it would that be better?

And can someone give me advice on where to find cables in the UK as I can't seem to find V-Moda cables anywhere here.

Any 3.5mm/6.3mm cable will produce sound. From what I've read the lower the impedance of the cable the better it will sound with the X1. And you can't really go wrong with an adapter, I use those all of the time on my equipment at home.

A quick search on Amazon.co.uk found this BoomPro cable for 25 quid.

Mar 11, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #29,572 of 48,583

Any 3.5mm/6.3mm cable will produce sound. From what I've read the lower the impedance of the cable the better it will sound with the X1. And you can't really go wrong with an adapter, I use those all of the time on my equipment at home.

A quick search on Amazon.co.uk found this BoomPro cable for 25 quid.

I do not need a microphone as I always have one to be honest, I do not really want to pay £25 just for the cable when I already have a mic if you know what I mean. Thanks, I will try and use a normal 3.5mm cable and then get an adapter.

Would this 3.5mm Cable do? I can't tell how low the impedance is though? I really am not sure what to get.

Mar 11, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #29,573 of 48,583
Ok I'm freaking out here thinking that I should bought the Fidelio X2 instead of X1! Am I over exaggerating? I don't care much about the Pads, but what about everthing else? Also how I find out if a cable is low impedance? I have the v-moda but I also what a cable without mic

Mar 11, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #29,574 of 48,583
How long should I let pizza burn in the oven before taking it out?

I do not need a microphone as I always have one to be honest, I do not really want to pay £25 just for the cable when I already have a mic if you know what I mean. Thanks, I will try and use a normal 3.5mm cable and then get an adapter.

Would this 3.5mm Cable do? I can't tell how low the impedance is though? I really am not sure what to get.

Personally I'd spend the extra 82p on this cable. It looks more in line for headphone use.

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #29,575 of 48,583
  How long should I let pizza burn in the oven before taking it out?

Personally I'd spend the extra 82p on this cable. It looks more in line for headphone use.

1.2m is actually not long enough but this cable has some other sizes so I think I will choose the larger size, it seems to be the same make so hopefully that means the impedance will be the same? What do you think of this adapter? or perhaps this one instead. there is quite a large price difference so I don't know if that would make a difference?

Mar 12, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #29,576 of 48,583
okay I have a Soundblaster Zx... which honestly has been VERY underutilized.
I still use my Audinst HUD-MX1 way more.

I do game on my PC but I don't know it justifies the cost of a soundcard

any thoughts?

(I usually play the multiplatform games on PC, strategy, building sims and the PC-only indies)

EDIT so my question is - should I keep the soundcard? or save the money?

Mar 12, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #29,577 of 48,583
Hey guys, quick question. Bought the X2's (loving them) just wanted to know what would be an easy quick fix for surround gaming on PC/PS4, been looking at a few USB soundcards as I don't have the space for an internal.

Cheers. Jimbo

Mar 12, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #29,578 of 48,583
DSS, Mixamp, Creative X7

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #29,579 of 48,583
  1.2m is actually not long enough but this cable has some other sizes so I think I will choose the larger size, it seems to be the same make so hopefully that means the impedance will be the same? What do you think of this adapter? or perhaps this one instead. there is quite a large price difference so I don't know if that would make a difference?

The adapters you linked should do well for your needs. Typically I grab one that looks like it's not cheaply built and go with it. I also use the freebies that came with other headphones. And the cable you linked looks like it could be fine. Just remember that with cables you don't want to have too much excess cord since the longer the cable is the more it will attenuate the signal.

Mar 12, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #29,580 of 48,583
There's a K612 in the classifieds for $125/obo. Highly recommended for whoever is in need of a more than great gaming headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back