Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 3, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #29,311 of 48,579
Damn, that's messed up. Does it feel cheaper? Like, is it still that luxurious leather being used?

It's the same quality leather, but he does outsource the production of them to China. It's not noticeable unless you have them both in your hands but you can tell they're different than they use to be. Foam's sturdier though.

They're still comfy as hell, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't last as long as the old ones.0

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #29,313 of 48,579
LMAO. Nah, I know me. The heat will bother me. It did on the MD and Alpha Dog, though not as much as pleather, of course.

I'm having a hard time reviewing the COP for the same reason. Those pads are irritating the hell out of my skin.

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #29,315 of 48,579
I may take you up on the offer later on if to at least add to the review for you guys.

Mar 3, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #29,317 of 48,579
Yes, and the gel pads are known to be even hotter than pleather.

Mar 3, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #29,318 of 48,579
Word of warning about the Alpha Pads: Dan has switched to a thinner leather recently, but made the foam thicker. I noticed that when I got a backup pair with my Alpha Primes that my Mad Dog alpha pads were made with thicker leather. It kinda hurts the durability, bit time will tel with that one. It would be interesting to see if anyone could mod the focus pads to fit on other headphones.

I tried, and butchered them in the process...
frown.gif

I was, however, able to stretch the focus pad skin over the alpha pad, so I bet it can just be sewed on without a problem.

Mar 3, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #29,320 of 48,579
Thats what i heard. There is nowhere for sweat to go under the gel pads, so it gets hot and sweaty very quickly.

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #29,322 of 48,579
Hey mad why not the K7XX? are they not your personal liking? for $200 they seem pretty good, specially with how good most of the AKG do on your reviews.

Mar 3, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #29,323 of 48,579
Yeah, the K7XX and 1540 and great compliments to each other. I felt the same way when I had the K712 and 1540. Curiosity got the best of me, though, so I've kind of been jumping around with open headphones. It used to be the opposite, though, always was the closed headphones I kept switching. That is, until the 1540 came around :D

Mar 3, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #29,324 of 48,579
First of all many thanks and kudos to Mad Lust Envy for the excellent guide!

After my big disappointment with my Logitech G930's drivers not working properly (or rather, not at all), I decided to go have another look at some alternatives. I was about to decide on the Sennheiser G4ME One Headset when I stumbled across this review. I changed my mind and am now considering the Skullcandy PLYR 1 as a possible alternative. The main thing that still stop me from pulling the trigger on them are the many reviews regarding build quality - many people report them breaking after only short use (here)

Perhaps someone can recommend me some other alternatives?

Here's my criteria:

1) Budget ~150
2) Clean sound mainly for gaming
3) Surround Sound
4) Wireless is a plus but not a must
5) PC compatible (if they can plug into my TV that's another plus)

Mar 3, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #29,325 of 48,579
Hey mad why not the K7XX? are they not your personal liking? for $200 they seem pretty good, specially with how good most of the AKG do on your reviews.

Because I've already reviewed it in its other forms already. You can extrapolate my thoughts on the 7XX by reading the Annie and 712 reviews. Yes they may vary ever so slightly, but it's essentially ground I've trod time and time again.

Besides, dont need that headphone yet again, and I like just a bit more bass than the AKGs provide, which is why I have the X2 as my open headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back