Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Dec 10, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #27,587 of 48,578
  The great big brown truck and white truck showed up. I am about to leave work early to go home and play. :)

Wait... X7 is available? or is that a review one? Can't wait to see what you say about it!

Dec 10, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #27,588 of 48,578
Would you consider Philips Fidelio X2 a better headphone then X1 for competitive gaming or having fun whilst gaming?
I'd really love to hear your opinion on differences between X1 and X2 in that subject.

Sorry for the duplicate, but can't wait to get an answer, whilst I think other post got lost in avalanche of replies.

Dec 10, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #27,590 of 48,578
Would you consider Philips Fidelio X2 a better headphone then X1 for competitive gaming or having fun whilst gaming?
I'd really love to hear your opinion on differences between X1 and X2 in that subject.

Sorry for the duplicate, but can't wait to get an answer, whilst I think other post got lost in avalanche of replies.

It would seem, from reviews, in terms of sound, the X2 would have that edge....by alot? Probably not. I owned the X1 and to me, it was still a good headphone for competitive fps. There are headphones that have a slightly more edge over the x1/x2 in terms of competitive fps. But overall, I feel that the x1/x2 can be an immersive headphone, yet be a competitive headphone for FPS...to a certain level of course.

But just because you can pinpoint enemies better, doesnt always mean you will strike first....you have to see how well you work that controller or K/M, and how to really play the game.

Ever since I got my Recon3d and x1(its sold), My game did get much better, not so much competitively but more in immersion. To be honest, I can play without sound and still come up top 3 with a good KD (not bragging but its true). I am by no means perfect or an awesome player, but i can hold my ground very well.

But sound gets me so immersed that, every single aspect of the game and my set up, feels like evrything comes together in which, I am just havung so much fun when playing with friends.

So far right now Im leaning towards the competitive sound, since i dont have the x1 or any immersive headphone. Im actually using the Phillips SHP9500 and im quite surprised by its sound quality. Its actually good for competitive gaming although i have not compared it with the hd598 or ma900.... So i still have more listening to do.

So, in short words, i prefer to have a balanced headphone than an all out competitve fps type of headphone. Everyone is different...but as long as i can still hear footsteps or soldiers voices out loud (BF4)....i feel the x1 and x2 should do quite right for people that may feel the same way i do. I just cant wait any longer for my AKG K7XX :p

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #27,591 of 48,578
New Beyerdynamic T1 around 650€ from Amazon.fr

Dec 11, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #27,592 of 48,578
Dec 11, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #27,593 of 48,578
If anyone is on the fence about the X1 or X2, the X1 is on sale at Amazon right now for $189.

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #27,595 of 48,578
Hi,

I've been thinking on buying the Astro MixAmp Pro, the AD700x's and a modmic or any other mic, for using with Xbox One however I've searched a lot on the internet and still isn't clear to me, if it is possible to set game audio and friends voice to headphones and still use a mic, all I have found is that I could use Kinect as mic but I dont really like that idea. Is it possible?

Thanks for the help.

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #27,596 of 48,578
  Hi,

I've been thinking on buying the Astro MixAmp Pro, the AD700x's and a modmic or any other mic, for using with Xbox One however I've searched a lot on the internet and still isn't clear to me, if it is possible to set game audio and friends voice to headphones and still use a mic, all I have found is that I could use Kinect as mic but I dont really like that idea. Is it possible?

Thanks for the help.

The Xbox One is annoying in that it doesn't let you force headphones or speakers, it just picks for you.  I've found that different setups may or may not work they way I'd want and I've yet to narrow down what causes it to decide the wrong thing.

That said, it works perfectly fine with my Mixamp 5.8.  You just have to make sure you buy the stupid headset adaptor for the controller and you run a cable from your Mixamp to the controller.  You can't use a mic over USB like with the PS4.

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #27,597 of 48,578
Hi i was looking too buy new headphones was wonderin wich ones is better AKG K701 or AKG Q701.
I mainly use it for gaiming and music.
and what mixamp or external sound card would you recomend for this headphones?

Thank you =D

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #27,598 of 48,578
  Hi i was looking too buy new headphones was wonderin wich ones is better AKG K701 or AKG Q701.
I mainly use it for gaiming and music.
and what mixamp or external sound card would you recomend for this headphones?

Thank you =D

They're basically the same thing.  Get whichever you can find cheaper.

Are you talking about using it on Xbox, PS or PC?

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #27,600 of 48,578
  PC only.
ok so i will go for the K701.

and what mixamp or external sound card would you recomend?  (need it external cause i would use it on a laptop too)

And thanks 

I'd recommend the Sound Blaster Omni.  Some people like one of the Asus Xonar ones so they can get DH instead of SBX.  I forget the model tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back